Author Topic: Intro for dc155008  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Intro for dc155008
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
Do you and would you have the ability to help out with the SSOA/ tracking down the missing/ and/or roll flipping duties in your April 2020 quit group? Any help at all is much appreciated and goes along way when it comes to Brotherhood + Accountability. Thanks in advance!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline dc155008

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/15/2020
  • Interests: Soccer, Video Games, Guitar, Dog Lover, Project Management
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »
Day 5 - so the past couple of days have had their lows for sure, but today seems to be a peak of emotions. I could use some positivity that’s for sure.

My mind has gone completely fog, spacey, and sooo negative. I haven’t slept for what feels like a millennium. I think that is playing a large role in this. I’m having relationship issues and current couch sleeping, which isn’t helping. But nonetheless, I am not going back to the nic today, but damn my head/body is pushing me today.

- Dan
@dc155008 are you using your tools? Are you reading on the site, printed the quit contract, making relationships? It gets easier but you have to work at it.

Hey Keith, thanks for responding. Yea I have pulled in a few others from the April quit group and it helps. The contract is currently sitting on my dresser, staring at me each morning. With the daily roll posting, contract, and additional check ins with you fellow quitters, it has been awesome. I know it’ll will get easier, and I have to keep that in mind as these rough moments will surely rear their head again. Today was rough. Going to keep adding these notes as I progress so I can look back as a reminder of how much shit I went through to get free.

-Dan
Straight Outta!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
Day 5 - so the past couple of days have had their lows for sure, but today seems to be a peak of emotions. I could use some positivity that’s for sure.

My mind has gone completely fog, spacey, and sooo negative. I haven’t slept for what feels like a millennium. I think that is playing a large role in this. I’m having relationship issues and current couch sleeping, which isn’t helping. But nonetheless, I am not going back to the nic today, but damn my head/body is pushing me today.

- Dan
@dc155008 are you using your tools? Are you reading on the site, printed the quit contract, making relationships? It gets easier but you have to work at it.
Jan19

Offline dc155008

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 03:03:08 PM »

- Dan
Straight Outta!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »
Hi all,

I am really really new to this forum so forgive me as I learn how to navigate and make posting my roll a habit. I have been chewing straight for 9 years and yesterday was the start of my quit. Day 2! This habit has been controlling my every move throughout this time and I have been lying to myself and my SO thinking I could cut back and manage on my own. The artistry and lengths I went through to hide this habit is mind blowing. I am in the dog house now and it’s affecting my health and relationships. I want to actually successfully remove this from my life. This website is just what I needed. Glad to join you all on this new start!

Dan

Dan,

You aren’t alone brother. Been hiding my tobacco habit from my wife for ten years. Have been real good at ninja dipping and setting up my entire day around dip breaks. It’s been controlling me for years.  Told my wife everything and finally saying goodbye forever. On day 15 and some rough cravings and side effects but overall feel great. Send me a PM if you want my digits and I’d be happy to answer and questions you have or help in any way I can. Get that web of accountability and support early.

- Tony aka DocPac
@Docpac
Ninja dipping is the term, eh?  Pretty much describes it perfectly.  Strange thing is, it seemed completely reasonable in my head.  "I can control this, no problem.  This is just to get me by til I quit". Extended "shit breaks", getting my car tires filled, doing "chores" late at night, send her off to the store and send texts for additional things to pick up to give me more opportunities to dip...The list goes on.  Not to mention the amount of mental planning I did for family vacations is twisted.  The daily to and from work sessions on top of all this, I realize now how full blown this addiction is for me. The amount of lying to myself and loved ones I have done over these years is what makes me sick.  This, combined with Tom and Jennys story on the main page, is what got me here today.

Cheers to you for confessing and making it 15 days! I look forward to being there soon enough.  Appreciate the personal support, I may take you up on that. 
-Dan
@Docpac and @dc155008 love the brotherhood here. Remember to only exchange digits through personal messages and not here in the Intro section or forum. Wake up, piss, post your promise to stay nicotine free and then keep your word. Simple but hard. Repeat process the next day. Check your messages as I sent you my digits.
Jan19

Offline dc155008

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:29 AM »
Hi all,

I am really really new to this forum so forgive me as I learn how to navigate and make posting my roll a habit. I have been chewing straight for 9 years and yesterday was the start of my quit. Day 2! This habit has been controlling my every move throughout this time and I have been lying to myself and my SO thinking I could cut back and manage on my own. The artistry and lengths I went through to hide this habit is mind blowing. I am in the dog house now and it’s affecting my health and relationships. I want to actually successfully remove this from my life. This website is just what I needed. Glad to join you all on this new start!

Dan

Dan,

You aren’t alone brother. Been hiding my tobacco habit from my wife for ten years. Have been real good at ninja dipping and setting up my entire day around dip breaks. It’s been controlling me for years.  Told my wife everything and finally saying goodbye forever. On day 15 and some rough cravings and side effects but overall feel great. Send me a PM if you want my digits and I’d be happy to answer and questions you have or help in any way I can. Get that web of accountability and support early.

- Tony aka DocPac
@Docpac
Ninja dipping is the term, eh?  Pretty much describes it perfectly.  Strange thing is, it seemed completely reasonable in my head.  "I can control this, no problem.  This is just to get me by til I quit". Extended "shit breaks", getting my car tires filled, doing "chores" late at night, send her off to the store and send texts for additional things to pick up to give me more opportunities to dip...The list goes on.  Not to mention the amount of mental planning I did for family vacations is twisted.  The daily to and from work sessions on top of all this, I realize now how full blown this addiction is for me. The amount of lying to myself and loved ones I have done over these years is what makes me sick.  This, combined with Tom and Jennys story on the main page, is what got me here today.

Cheers to you for confessing and making it 15 days! I look forward to being there soon enough.  Appreciate the personal support, I may take you up on that. 
-Dan
Straight Outta!

Offline Docpac

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/01/2020
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 11:38:21 PM »
Hi all,

Dan

Dan,

- Tony aka DocPac
They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides....they can't get away from us now!
- Chesty Puller

Offline Brad

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2019
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:28 PM »
Hi all,

Dan
Welcome Dan! KTC is a no-nicotine site so if you have any remaining tins or nic gum/lozenges, throw them all away right now.

I want to set something straight from the start. Nicotine use is not a habit. You are an addict. I am an addict. We are both addicts to nicotine and will be until we die. Here at KTC we work to fight our addictions one day at a time (ODAAT). It is all we can control; tomorrow is not guaranteed. We post a promise to not use nicotine in any form each day and focus on keeping our word/promise for 24 hours at a time. This process has worked for thousands of people and it will work for you if you are committed. You also must quit for yourself and not your wife/kids/parents/pets.

So @dc155008 let's start out by getting you on roll. Go to the April 2020 group and post roll. Start to share your digits using the "My Messages" tab up top with your fellow quitters. This is an effort to build an accountability network and critical to your success.

Glad you found us! Proud to be quit with you today.

EDIT: I moved your original post from General Discussion into the Introductions section here.

Welcome Dan aka @dc155008  ,

Mnx pretty well covered everything.  I'll just re-emphasis the point that we are ALL addicts.  A habit is something that can be broken, the only habit you have is you like to stick cancer weed in your mouth.  The addiction is what keeps you doing it.  There are better things to put in your mouth.

Here is the process, it is very simple and easy to follow yet very hard to do:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to abstain from ALL nicotine for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

So get in here and post roll with us.  MNx gave you the link to April 2020, which is your quit group.  All the new quitters in there are roughly the same quit as you and are going through the same things as you at the same time.  Share phone numbers with them and actually use those numbers to build your bonds of brotherhood and accountability, it does not hurt to have a few vets in your phone either.  Mine and MNx's digits are always available for the asking.

So let's do this.

Proud to quit with you today,

chris2alaska 729 days of freedom

@MNxEngineer314 @chris2alaska Thanks for the awesome welcome...really need all the support I can get.  This is for me, not for the girl.  I am sick of always looking for that next fix, counting down the clock or waiting until the coast is clear.  Pissed off at everything when it wasn't coursing through my veins. It was all i was thinking about, and so many good moments are stained by it.  I am just starting to realize now just how much of a grip this sh*t has had on me for 9 years.  Preaching to the quire I supposed. And you are right, as hard as it was for me to admit it, this isn't a habit it's an addiction.

Proud to quit with you all, Sirs!
-Dan
Welcome Dan! Some real bad ass quiters have given you some great advice. Reach down and grab a handful of yer nutz and git you some quit! PM me if you would like to exchange numbers. I'd be glad to talk to you any time.
Quit Hard!
Brad
We can quit for periods of time in many different ways.
KTC offers us a way to stay Quit. Its just that simple.

Offline dc155008

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »
Hi all,

Dan
Welcome Dan! KTC is a no-nicotine site so if you have any remaining tins or nic gum/lozenges, throw them all away right now.

I want to set something straight from the start. Nicotine use is not a habit. You are an addict. I am an addict. We are both addicts to nicotine and will be until we die. Here at KTC we work to fight our addictions one day at a time (ODAAT). It is all we can control; tomorrow is not guaranteed. We post a promise to not use nicotine in any form each day and focus on keeping our word/promise for 24 hours at a time. This process has worked for thousands of people and it will work for you if you are committed. You also must quit for yourself and not your wife/kids/parents/pets.

So @dc155008 let's start out by getting you on roll. Go to the April 2020 group and post roll. Start to share your digits using the "My Messages" tab up top with your fellow quitters. This is an effort to build an accountability network and critical to your success.

EDIT: I moved your original post from General Discussion into the Introductions section here.

Mnx pretty well covered everything.  I'll just re-emphasis the point that we are ALL addicts.  A habit is something that can be broken, the only habit you have is you like to stick cancer weed in your mouth.  The addiction is what keeps you doing it.  There are better things to put in your mouth.

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

So get in here and post roll with us.  MNx gave you the link to April 2020, which is your quit group.  All the new quitters in there are roughly the same quit as you and are going through the same things as you at the same time.  Share phone numbers with them and actually use those numbers to build your bonds of brotherhood and accountability, it does not hurt to have a few vets in your phone either.  Mine and MNx's digits are always available for the asking.

So let's do this.

@MNxEngineer314 @chris2alaska Thanks for the awesome welcome...really need all the support I can get.  This is for me, not for the girl.  I am sick of always looking for that next fix, counting down the clock or waiting until the coast is clear.  Pissed off at everything when it wasn't coursing through my veins. It was all i was thinking about, and so many good moments are stained by it.  I am just starting to realize now just how much of a grip this sh*t has had on me for 9 years.  Preaching to the quire I supposed. And you are right, as hard as it was for me to admit it, this isn't a habit it's an addiction.

Proud to quit with you all, Sirs!
-Dan
Straight Outta!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
Hi all,

Dan

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

So let's do this.

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
Hi all,

Dan

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:37:14 AM by MNxEngineer314 »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline dc155008

• Quitter
Intro for dc155008
« on: January 16, 2020, 07:24:32 AM »
Hi all,

Dan
Straight Outta!