Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Jenahen

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2019-12-11
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: Here we go
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 07:13:10 AM »
Hey Cpepin14, congratulations on being nicotine free for a week. Celebrate these milestones. Keep killing it.

Offline Jenahen

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 06:34:10 AM »
Thanks for your reply Jenahen! Its absolutely an addiction. And a damn hard one to kick! I quit drinking about 4 1/2 weeks ago. I was a daily moderate/heavy drinker for about 7 years. It was super tough to quit but I did it and it’s something I don’t think about now.  Finishing my 2nd day of no chew..and there’s no comparison! Chewing is a million times harder for me. And i think it’s because it’s an all day habit i had. I’d enjoy beers after work. I enjoyed chew shortly after waking up to the time I went to bed. Going to keep coming on this site for support. I’ll definitely need it for this addiction I NEED to quit.

@Cpepin14 this is not a "support" site.  This is an Accountability site.  If you would like to be held accountable to your quit, then, by all means, welcome and you need to post roll in your quit group every morning (this is the price of admission to this site).  Your quit group is the Bad Ass April 2020 group.  Here we quit one day at time.  We don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow gets here.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

If you follow those steps, you will succeed. 

Just remember, there is no cure for our addiction.  We will always be addicts.  What you decide to do to change your life, will determine whether or not you can live a life free from nicotine and it's controlling hold it has on you.
Ok @Cpepin14 you liked Chris2alaskas post so I’m assuming you read it. He is not joking. You need to post in the morning, when you get up, after you go to the bathroom. Not at 10:30 at night.
Wake up Piss post. WUPP. And then repeat.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply Jenahen! Its absolutely an addiction. And a damn hard one to kick! I quit drinking about 4 1/2 weeks ago. I was a daily moderate/heavy drinker for about 7 years. It was super tough to quit but I did it and it’s something I don’t think about now.  Finishing my 2nd day of no chew..and there’s no comparison! Chewing is a million times harder for me. And i think it’s because it’s an all day habit i had. I’d enjoy beers after work. I enjoyed chew shortly after waking up to the time I went to bed. Going to keep coming on this site for support. I’ll definitely need it for this addiction I NEED to quit.

@Cpepin14 this is not a "support" site.  This is an Accountability site.  If you would like to be held accountable to your quit, then, by all means, welcome and you need to post roll in your quit group every morning (this is the price of admission to this site).  Your quit group is the Bad Ass April 2020 group.  Here we quit one day at time.  We don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow gets here.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

If you follow those steps, you will succeed. 

Just remember, there is no cure for our addiction.  We will always be addicts.  What you decide to do to change your life, will determine whether or not you can live a life free from nicotine and it's controlling hold it has on you.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline quitter419

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »
@Cpepin14,  I dont see you posted roll call yet. i know you must be going though hell right now. i believe its your second or 3rd day, but trust me posting roll call and getting involve in group will help you. Initial days are tough, you definatly need support. you will find people going through similar symptoms as your, as they are very near to your quit day. here is link to your quit group again https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0

how to put roll call

pick the last message
click on "quote" link on right hand top corner of that message
go to end of quitter list
put your name and days

you will find two group on that page one is current group quitter names and other is supporting member names. put your name below your group's quitter name you can figure out by days count.

i strongly recommend to join the group and exchange your digits. PM me for digits.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:06:40 PM by quitter419 »

Offline Cpepin14

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »

Offline Jenahen

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
I worded that wrong. I don’t “love it”. Enjoy it is probably a better way of putting it. And I enjoy it because it’s such a habit. The chew with coffee, the chew after a meal, chew at work, etc. you start to “enjoy” it when you’ve had that habit for over 10 years. Think anyone that dips, can relate to that...no?
Welcome to the site Cpepin14. I’m glad you decided to quit.
The sad thing about what we think we enjoy is the nicotine is lying to you. It is an addiction and when we want it and receive it, it makes us feel better. Well we’re ADDICTED. When you don’t have it you want it. This dumb man made substance has taken ransom of our mind. It will be hard to quit it, but if you soak in and apply everything this site has to offer you will quit. Reach out if you have any questions.

Offline Cpepin14

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
I worded that wrong. I don’t “love it”. Enjoy it is probably a better way of putting it. And I enjoy it because it’s such a habit. The chew with coffee, the chew after a meal, chew at work, etc. you start to “enjoy” it when you’ve had that habit for over 10 years. Think anyone that dips, can relate to that...no?

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »
Just a few short hours away from my first day without a chew in about 11 years. I absolutely love chewing, but the negatives about it far outweigh me enjoying it. I have tried different herbal/fake chews and none of them did it for me. I ordered the TeaZa pouches and I think I found the ticket for me!! I know this is going to be a BITCH...but it’s something I have to and want to do! I quit drinking 3 1/2 weeks ago and a community app I’m on helped me out TREMENDOUSLY. I’m hoping the same with this addiction I need to quit!

Get out of that addict mindset that you "absolutely love chewing".  No you don't.  You're addicted to nicotine.  Chewing actually makes you feel shitty.  Stop romanticizing it.  For now just concentrate on one day at a time or even one hour at a time.  Don't forget this shitty stuff you are going through right now.  Remember, the thing you "absolutely love" is what is causing all of the withdrawals, headaches, fog, etc.  Learn to hate nicotine.
@Cpepin14  you love doing something that will kill you?
Jan19

Offline 25yeardippernomore

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 03/03/2019
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »
Just a few short hours away from my first day without a chew in about 11 years. I absolutely love chewing, but the negatives about it far outweigh me enjoying it. I have tried different herbal/fake chews and none of them did it for me. I ordered the TeaZa pouches and I think I found the ticket for me!! I know this is going to be a BITCH...but it’s something I have to and want to do! I quit drinking 3 1/2 weeks ago and a community app I’m on helped me out TREMENDOUSLY. I’m hoping the same with this addiction I need to quit!

Get out of that addict mindset that you "absolutely love chewing".  No you don't.  You're addicted to nicotine.  Chewing actually makes you feel shitty.  Stop romanticizing it.  For now just concentrate on one day at a time or even one hour at a time.  Don't forget this shitty stuff you are going through right now.  Remember, the thing you "absolutely love" is what is causing all of the withdrawals, headaches, fog, etc.  Learn to hate nicotine. 

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 08:12:34 AM »
Welcome and I hope you stick with your decision to quit today!

Quitting nicotine can be one of the most miserable experiences of your life, but it doesn’t have to be.  There’s no way around “The Suck.” The first several days, weeks, months even, you’re almost certainly going to have some unpleasant and outright fucked up physical symptoms.  That’s unavoidable.  How you frame those symptoms and handle what’s going on will determine how miserable you are.  Keep a positive attitude, connect with people on this site and above all recognize that it’s part of the healing process.  It is achievable, it will get better and it is worth it.

The way this site works is based on your daily commitment to actively quit and to accept accountability for your choices.  We do that through Roll.  Roll posted in your Quit Group every day, as early as reasonably possible.  It’s a promise for the coming day not to use nicotine.  You make that promise every day, because we quit every day.  You then keep that promise.

This works because you tackle this quit in manageable chunks.  You don’t need to worry about forever, just take it one day at a time.  It also works because failure is not acceptable.  You made a promise and your word needs to mean something.  The others in your group will be going through the same thing and  you need to hold each other accountable. 

There are innumerable tools on this site, so spend some time reading and connecting. The more you invest, the more you get out of it.

Your group can be found:  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0

Offline Cpepin14

• Quitter
Here we go
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:30:14 PM »