Author Topic: Well fuck me  (Read 601 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Well fuck me
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
Hmmm, I see you on roll yesterday but no promise for TODAY. We quit every day, one day at a time here.

Offline 12.7x99

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »
I really love the support and feedback from everyone here. Guns are sore, and IÂ’ve wanted to cave. But you guys n gals are whatÂ’s keeping me in check. Thanks!!

Offline TheSkinnyDipper

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-08-30
  • Interests: Dakota- originally from Boston now Live in Daytona FL, owner of a Gym/fitness Center as well as a personal trainer.I basically live in the gym.Baseball, Hunting, fishing, and shooting.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 03:03:00 PM »
Quote from: 12.7x99
I had the oddest experience today, I woke up and grabbed my phone. Jumped on this website, and instantly felt better. I hadnÂ’t even read a post from anyone yet, just the thought of this group being here and supportive was good enough for me. Strange feeling, I think this might actually work
Congrats on the best choice of your life man!! Wake UP PISS POST! EVERY DAMN DAY! Post your promise early and KEEP YOUR DAMN WORD! Thats all there is to it, post your promise not to dip TODAY and keep your promise for today! We dont want a promise for forever, we just want it for today, and then tomorrow, and then the next day but for now, focus on today. The first week was miserable for me but after that everything starting going up, hang in there, quit for today and every day you get closer to feeling free. I have cravings at day 120 today but they are very few and far between and easily put down.
Dakota
Not dipping is a lifestyle I will never be tired of living!
QUIT 8/30/17

HOF 12/7/17

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 12:44:00 PM »
You can do this!

Offline 12.7x99

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
I had the oddest experience today, I woke up and grabbed my phone. Jumped on this website, and instantly felt better. I hadnÂ’t even read a post from anyone yet, just the thought of this group being here and supportive was good enough for me. Strange feeling, I think this might actually work

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »
Evening 12.7x99,

SAMRS couldn't have put it any better, or any plainer. If you're gonna quit, and you want the accountability this place will offer, head on over and post up a day one, along with your promise.

Ball is solidly in your court, bubba..... what's your game plan?

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
Hey 12 - good to see you here. Wish I had had the brains and guts to quit years ago, but after 33 years of crap, I finally go to the point you're at, just a little over a year ago. Been nicotine-free since then, and believe me when I tell you, it's worth it.

Your next step is to post roll in the April quit group. If you're wondering what a quit group is, what roll is, and why you would do that, you should read Here's How You Quit... Ball Is In Your Court Now. That explains how KTC works in detail.

Boiled down, though, our system is pretty simple. We quit one day at a time. Roll is our promise each other that we'll stay quit for the next 24 hours. Wake up, post roll, and then keep your promise for 24 hours (because anybody can quit for 24 hours, right?) Then, the next day, do it all over again. If you make that promise early - first thing every morning - and commit to making it every day, no matter what, then your chances of staying quit will go up exponentially.

Looking for you in the April group. Post up and quit with us today.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline 12.7x99

Well fuck me
« on: December 26, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
Well I fucking did it. flushed that shit can down the fucking toilet... keep thinking it was a dumb idea. Im just so fucking tired of it man, this shit gets old, stinky spitters, shit in my teeth, i know its bad for me and i want to stay away from it, but literally everyone i work with dips.

I fucking work on a rifle range were we stand around, dip, yell at people, dip, shoot guns, dip, work out, dip. I've tried it many times before. one time on deployment i thought well this will be it, ill quit, i aint gonna have access to any stores, ill have bigger worries on my mind...nope, those fucking care packages started coming in and everyone was getting sent dip, well ill just go fuck myself i guess. oh well pass a fucking can along...

I love my wife and she has never asked me to stop, even though it bothers her, she's never told me to quit. well babe im going to, imma quit. you'll see.

anyways long rant over, i am rather glad i found this site. Seriously its nice to know more people have been through what im going through. makes it easier.