Author Topic: One Week Down  (Read 856 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: One Week Down
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
Awesome intro. Keep reading and expecially about triggers. Got to learn to see them and expect them so you can be prepared to say no! I'm just a newbie, but welcome aboard!
I believe.....

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Quote from: paulx1
Quote from: Idaho
Paul,
I saw you supporting some new quitters in the general discussion section, well done! That is how to succeed on this site, quit each day, help others and repeat.
Proud to quit with you
Idaho Spuds
Thanks Spuds.

Pay it forward, right?

I'd like to know where some of you guys are getting those OUTSTANDING avatars. (and is there a way to make the picture larger?)

Paul
Avatars, a little eye candy for KTC :)
Under preferences (next to inbox) you can click change avatar, then google the WWW for ______ gifs and make sure your lady or the boss doesn't see, it can get very NSFW real quick.
Also, if you haven't tried live chat, it is worth it. You have to create a new account but use the same username for KTC and there are usually a good group each day/night.
Idaho Spuds

PS right click on the image to make it bigger 'boob'

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-20
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
Looks like you got things figured out Paul. Welcome and looking forward to quitting with you today. Got any questions, or someone gives you the redass, let me know and I can be an ear to listen.
Thanks!

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
Looks like you got things figured out Paul. Welcome and looking forward to quitting with you today. Got any questions, or someone gives you the redass, let me know and I can be an ear to listen.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Paul,
I saw you supporting some new quitters in the general discussion section, well done! That is how to succeed on this site, quit each day, help others and repeat.
Proud to quit with you
Idaho Spuds
Thanks Spuds.

Pay it forward, right?

I'd like to know where some of you guys are getting those OUTSTANDING avatars. (and is there a way to make the picture larger?)

Paul

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
Paul,
Proud to quit with you
Idaho Spuds

Offline NoMoreCopeBlack

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
The sound of quit is unmistakeable, I quit with you.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
Welcome Paul, I Quit Like Fuck with you today!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Napa

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-12
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Nice intro Paul. I'm in March with you going ODAAT. Look forward to seeing you in roll. Give me a pm when you get a chance.

Napa
Suck it up Buttercup

"I Quit,..... alright, I Fucking Quit... " Crash Davis

Offline TonyFlynn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-15
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Good job Paul! I'm in your March group too. Drop me a line if you ever feel like it. I'm on day 14.

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Agriculture, NCAAFB, Arkansas Razorbacks, STL Cardinals
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
Great decision Paul. You'll never regret it.

The "I can have one" got me countless times.

Just quit today. Don't worry about tomorrow.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Nice job Paul. Glad you found the site. Alot of quitters use their intro like a journal. It can be a useful tool to garner advice from quitters who have walked the road ahead of you.

Post roll early each day. Do it like it is your job. Do it as if your life depends upon it. Guess what? It probably does.

Offline zacharynelson23

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-08
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »
Quote from: paulx1
Hi Guys
Name's Paul and I'm one week in (March 2015 group). Survived the DT's watching college football today so good so far.

I've chewed Cope for over 35 years and like many of you I've 'quit' lots of times - even for up to a year but something always got me back. "One dip wont hurt" on a fishing trip I'd say. Next thing its not just fishing - I'm chewing at work, in my car, on the phone, in meetings. I've never done KTC or anything else - just on my own and never a real commitment.

Actually, it's good for the community that I'm done for good because I'm the guy that always had a can. "Hey Paul got a chew?" Absolutely! I'd say. After all, what a friends for. What I didnt consider is that I probably helped that guy cave. Now I can say "No, I quit".

I just did my first post yesterday and a few guys took the time to say 'hello' and SandPike got me started on how to post. I look forward to getting to know the group and pay-it-forward helping others to quit as well.

Thanks
That is great!! I'm looking forward to seeing your name on roll every day! As long as you drop by, you will continue to make some long lasting brothers here at KTC. If you need anything, give me a shout.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 01:08:00 AM »
Sounds like you've already got things started in the right direction.

Welcome!

Feel free to PM me if you need any help!

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
One Week Down
« on: December 27, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Hi Guys
Name's Paul and I'm one week in (March 2015 group). Survived the DT's watching college football today so good so far.

I've chewed Cope for over 35 years and like many of you I've 'quit' lots of times - even for up to a year but something always got me back. "One dip wont hurt" on a fishing trip I'd say. Next thing its not just fishing - I'm chewing at work, in my car, on the phone, in meetings. I've never done KTC or anything else - just on my own and never a real commitment.

Actually, it's good for the community that I'm done for good because I'm the guy that always had a can. "Hey Paul got a chew?" Absolutely! I'd say. After all, what a friends for. What I didnt consider is that I probably helped that guy cave. Now I can say "No, I quit".

I just did my first post yesterday and a few guys took the time to say 'hello' and SandPike got me started on how to post. I look forward to getting to know the group and pay-it-forward helping others to quit as well.

Thanks