Author Topic: it's not worth it, right? can't and can believe I'm asking...; risks  (Read 626 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: it's not worth it, right? can't and can believe I'm asking...; risks
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
So are you going to post up in September 2015 or what? Time to decide, bubba. The only thing that matters is your word, and the evidence is in your posting. Lots of good advice you've been given. Use it.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 06:19:00 AM »
I have never met a person that said "man I sure wish I had never quit smoking/chewing."

You can do this.

Offline PottyMouth

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-17
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
I did the same thing my first quit day. Researched the interweb looking for reasons to NOT quit. Look at what you (we) did: attempted to obtain medical evidence that chew was good for you. WTF really?? And how did we do it? By subscribing to some quack article that stated there was no evidence it causes cancer blah fuckin blah... probably written by some inbred with a big turd in his mouth, shit drips down his wife beater T, just lookin to corral a friend or 2 for his futile mission to beat cancer... The dude probably now in stage 4 denial, eatin breakfast thru a tube.
C'mon. Does everyone get cancer from dipping? no. But is that disgusting turd in your mouth worth even the remote possibility of your face falling off?
You're an addict, like the rest of us. Quit. Period.
it's all relative...

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
I combined your two intros.

I'm also a big fan of 'fake dip'. I used Hooch Spitfire for the first couple hundred days, no problem. Then one day, I just stopped using it.

Stay strong. Get your name on Roll. Reach out if you need anything.

-Nolaq - Day 1,900
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
I have never met a person that said "man I sure wish I had never quit smoking/chewing."

Enjoy your nicotine free day. Get your name on roll call!

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
Quote from: cmro79
I have some Jakes and have used smokey mountain. i also have grinds coffee pouches on order- hasnt came yet- anything that keeps you from caving is a good tool... might have to try some different ones to find something you like and works
Man, I chewed sugarless gum till my jaw got sore. I sometimes still throw in a couple of pieces bangin nails or on a long drive. Whatever it takes!

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
I'm telling you that you're here for a reason. I was like you. I stumbled on this site, and didn't know facts about quitting, and then I read some stuff on here, and read some of the Hall of Fame Speeches forum/55568/ and I knew that this place was my rescue. It can save you too friend. Commit to this program, and you will be able to save yourself, and you'll feel better about yourself, and those around you will be very happy for you. The choice is yours. There's no half way in. You either commit fully or not at all. It starts with your first day of posting your promise to your group that you will not dip for 24 hours. After that you simply repeat that everyday. Your group is where you will bitch together, complain together, and most importantly quit together. The September group is new, and you'd be #3 I believe. What do you say?

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
Z, you want to stay quit? Why don't you go post roll and promise us that you won't use nicotine Today? You can always find an excuse not to quit.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Odds don't matter if it happens to you.

You hang around the dipping crowd and they'll tell you you have a better chance of getting hit by a bus than getting cancer from chewing. Ok, but what fucking idiot would walk in front of a bus? Everyone looks both way before they cross the street, right? I always thought that was a dumb ass analogy.

Why is there a "dipping community", anyway? I saw some YouTube videos of a bunch of fuck stains acting stupid and spewing the virtues of dipping. What the fuck for? Are there YouTube channels for people who huff paint? Personally I think misery loves company and shit wads tend to stick together when they know they are doing something wrong. Take a look outside a place of business during a sub zero day and you will see a pack of dumb asses to toking down. Pack mentality at its finest.

Anyway dude, if you want to quit. Quit. Don't go looking around for reasons to keep dipping, because you will eventually find that pack of misery that all addicts look for.

I rationalized continuing to dip for 15 years. I can't rationalize ONE reason to start back up, now.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline cmro79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-13
I have some Jakes and have used smokey mountain. i also have grinds coffee pouches on order- hasnt came yet- anything that keeps you from caving is a good tool... might have to try some different ones to find something you like and works

Online pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Quote from: zonkers
Anyone use anything besides seeds and candy as a substitute? What about those fake dips...like Jakes Mint Chew? Open to almost any and all suggestions. Alot of guy's talk about hooch have no idea but may look into it.

Use baccoff it definitely helps but I use it when I think I have to, not like I did regular dip. Probably 2 cans a week.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline zonkers

• Quit Date: 2015-05-25
Anyone use anything besides seeds and candy as a substitute? What about those fake dips...like Jakes Mint Chew? Open to almost any and all suggestions.

Offline zonkers

Thanks. I probably need to hear this once a day: "I have never met a person that said "man I sure wish I had never quit smoking/chewing."

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
Quote from: zonkers
Been chewing off and on for 14 years. Thought that once I quit drinking the need would go away since I mostly did it drunk. Was so wrong. I needed it MORE. But lately I have had symptoms that scare me:
Clogged ear, swollen lymph node or gland under jaw, and swollen nodes on neck (same side as the clogged ear).

I can google these symptoms and find many reasons they are not cancer. Especially since they disappear and then return. They could be: from grinding my jaw at night, from an infection that comes and goes, from an ear infection, from nicotine and the spitting action affecting the glands, etc.

but what if....cancer? Then I read all sorts of shit that said smokeless tobacco has never been proven to cause oral cancer. These were studies. And I believed them and went out and bought more but can't escape the creeping panic and anxiety....im still gambling with my fucking life right?

These studies I found on the internet...they could have been backed by tobacco cos for all i know...

Anyone else had these symptoms? Know of anyone who got cancer definitively from chewing tobacco?

I really want to stay quit.

Yes. Smokeless tobacco causes oral cancer, esophageal cancer, and pancreatic cancer (1).

Do yourself s favor and stop looking for reasons to not quit. Just quit. I have never met a person that said "man I sure wish I had never quit smoking/chewing." Don't tempt fate. Quit.

Offline zonkers

Been chewing off and on for 14 years. Thought that once I quit drinking the need would go away since I mostly did it drunk. Was so wrong. I needed it MORE. But lately I have had symptoms that scare me:
Clogged ear, swollen lymph node or gland under jaw, and swollen nodes on neck (same side as the clogged ear).

I can google these symptoms and find many reasons they are not cancer. Especially since they disappear and then return. They could be: from grinding my jaw at night, from an infection that comes and goes, from an ear infection, from nicotine and the spitting action affecting the glands, etc.

but what if....cancer? Then I read all sorts of shit that said smokeless tobacco has never been proven to cause oral cancer. These were studies. And I believed them and went out and bought more but can't escape the creeping panic and anxiety....im still gambling with my fucking life right?

These studies I found on the internet...they could have been backed by tobacco cos for all i know...

Anyone else had these symptoms? Know of anyone who got cancer definitively from chewing tobacco?

I really want to stay quit.