Author Topic: Nine Days In! New guy  (Read 1184 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
Re: Nine Days In! New guy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »
OK I have been without my old standby, Extra Long Cut Mint Skoal, for nine days.  Been dipping on and off for 15 years.  I grew tired of my kids, in unison, every time I stopped for diesel for my truck, saying, "Dad, did you buy DIRT??"  I am very glad this forum is here, to be honest my friends are predicting failure for me, so I need all the support I can get.  I prepared my family and co-workers to expect potential mood swings.  Little did I know how hard it would be.  I started with the strongest patch available.  Did this for only six days.  The jitters, heart racing, vivid dreams, and general fogginess that came with the patch had to go.  For me, the savior has been Smokey Mountain Arctic Mint.  Who knew kutzu root and corn silks could work?  The nicotine is gone now, but the habit of having something tucked is still there.  For me the habit is harder than the addiction to nicotine.  So, hopefully I'll be able to stick this thing out.  I do have some nicorette gum just in case, and have used it a couple of times, but I hope I'm over the big hump for now.
First... welcome in.

This is the place, bro. You follow the KTC way and freedom is yours. Trust me... I’m sitting 2,143 days of being quit because of the way we do it here.

So, a couple things:
* This is a No Nicotine method. Period. Cold turkey. There are no fallbacks and safety fixes... throw out your nicotine pacifiers of any kind. Right now. No gum. No patches. Nothing. Man up and own it. Do NOT leave an open door... addicts like you/us find that an all too easy excuse.
* This is NOT a “try and try again” method. We don’t hope it goes well... we don’t tolerate slips... we don’t leave quitting this evil shit to chance.

Join a Quit Group, learn how to post a daily Quit roll call, connect with others who are going through the same phase you are, build your foundation, get involved, and stay involved.

It works.
Welcome brother!! First and most importantly, this site is a NO nicotine site. That means no patches, gum or whatever other convoluted products they have out there to delivery nicotine into your body.

KTC only employs a cold turkey approach which may seem scary but thousands of people have successful quit nicotine here and we are all here to help you too. Keeping nicorette around "just in case" is you planning to cave. You have not committed to being QUIT. The true enemy here is nicotine so if you truly want to quit that poison, you MUST throw your nicorette away right this minute and head over to the June 2019 group and post your promise TODAY that you will not use nicotine in ANY form.

Somehow the last part of my message got deleted but basically make your promise right away each morning that you will not use nicotine in any form and then focus on keeping your word for the next 24 hours. It isn't always easy but it is that simple. Use the "My Messages" tool up in the top toolbar to share your digits with your fellow June 2019 quitters and supporters. A strong accountability network is critical to the lasting success of your quit.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:13:51 AM by MNxEngineer314 »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Nine Days In! New guy
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 11:04:08 AM »
OK I have been without my old standby, Extra Long Cut Mint Skoal, for nine days.  Been dipping on and off for 15 years.  I grew tired of my kids, in unison, every time I stopped for diesel for my truck, saying, "Dad, did you buy DIRT??"  I am very glad this forum is here, to be honest my friends are predicting failure for me, so I need all the support I can get.  I prepared my family and co-workers to expect potential mood swings.  Little did I know how hard it would be.  I started with the strongest patch available.  Did this for only six days.  The jitters, heart racing, vivid dreams, and general fogginess that came with the patch had to go.  For me, the savior has been Smokey Mountain Arctic Mint.  Who knew kutzu root and corn silks could work?  The nicotine is gone now, but the habit of having something tucked is still there.  For me the habit is harder than the addiction to nicotine.  So, hopefully I'll be able to stick this thing out.  I do have some nicorette gum just in case, and have used it a couple of times, but I hope I'm over the big hump for now.
First... welcome in.

This is the place, bro. You follow the KTC way and freedom is yours. Trust me... I’m sitting 2,143 days of being quit because of the way we do it here.

So, a couple things:
* This is a No Nicotine method. Period. Cold turkey. There are no fallbacks and safety fixes... throw out your nicotine pacifiers of any kind. Right now. No gum. No patches. Nothing. Man up and own it. Do NOT leave an open door... addicts like you/us find that an all too easy excuse.
* This is NOT a “try and try again” method. We don’t hope it goes well... we don’t tolerate slips... we don’t leave quitting this evil shit to chance.

Join a Quit Group, learn how to post a daily Quit roll call, connect with others who are going through the same phase you are, build your foundation, get involved, and stay involved.

It works.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Soggydollar

• Likes Given: 0
Nine Days In! New guy
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:06 AM »