Author Topic: Quitter or Life Long Dipper?  (Read 4599 times)

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Quitter or Life Long Dipper?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Quote from: zquitter
Greetings,

After quitting for 8 hours many times over the last 20+ years, I'm finally 6 days into a quit.  I can't believe how much impact 1/2 can of Koidak per day had on my life.  I used the to think the stories of running 3 miles to buy a can was funny but it's embarrassing now. Done with that.

I will say the first 3-4 days sucked bad. Couldn't focus at work.  I woke up at night in a panic about weird stuff.  Everything bugged me.  Not sure it's gone but today is better than yesterday so that's fine.

I appreciate all the support this community offers.  I would ask for more patience as newbies learn the norms.  I feel like I've been beat up for "bumping" or whatever.  This 90's bulletin board technology isn't intuitive and easy web sites don't require a training video.  And why do you fuckers cuss so much? 

Okay, need to stay busy.

Thanks all!
Z
Welcome Z! congrats on 6 days, that is awesome! you are taking your life back, I love it.

Nobody should be giving you a hard time about bumping - you are a newbie to the board, and still in the 'fog' of your quit. Its hard to focus on anything at all, let alone bumping. Once you're a veteran of a (few weeks/month or so, then you need to fix your bumps. First week? just tell them to STFU. The 'more-veteran" guys should be helping you out with bumps in this early stage.

Anyway. If you need any help with anything or have any questions, just ask. I'm happy to help, if I can. Quit with you today!

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
41st floor: 3/28/2024

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitter or Life Long Dipper?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
Greetings,

After quitting for 8 hours many times over the last 20+ years, I'm finally 6 days into a quit. I can't believe how much impact 1/2 can of Koidak per day had on my life. I used the to think the stories of running 3 miles to buy a can was funny but it's embarrassing now. Done with that.

I will say the first 3-4 days sucked bad. Couldn't focus at work. I woke up at night in a panic about weird stuff. Everything bugged me. Not sure it's gone but today is better than yesterday so that's fine.

I appreciate all the support this community offers. I would ask for more patience as newbies learn the norms. I feel like I've been beat up for "bumping" or whatever. This 90's bulletin board technology isn't intuitive and easy web sites don't require a training video. And why do you fuckers cuss so much?

Okay, need to stay busy.

Thanks all!
Z
---------
'boob'

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
Quitter or Life Long Dipper?