Author Topic: Caver, im back  (Read 12006 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: The Truth
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
....be that student of your addiction....
Damn, I like that. Gonna get mileage out of it...
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 08:55:00 AM »
....be that student of your addiction....follow the KTC way, lean on the people that have come before you and your July group....these guys, me and you are all doing the same thing, quiting one day at a time....the suck is what it is, embrace it and just make that promise just like the rest of us

DOOFUS DAY 78

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 08:43:00 AM »
Hass22

Welcome to the group. Here are some words of wisdom I like to share:

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 930

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 07:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Doofus
You are on the path Bro....I am proud to quit with you today.
Welcome to the suck. Revel in it. Diffuse the cleverness of the nic bitch with your plan, your contacts, your oath. Win each moment. Some victories are just plain ugly and brutal. That's okay, the end result is that you stayed quit.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 09:20:00 PM »
You are on the path Bro....I am proud to quit with you today.

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Day 3 started out what seemed to be a little calmer for me. I was surprised, the level of the suck seemed just a tiny bit altered. I posted my roll call with total confidence and headed out the door to do some work.
10 minutes later i'm at 7-11.
Don't know how I got there, what streets i took, nothing.
Im just there.

i literally scream: "Fuck You Bitch!" and back out of there as fast as i can.

i am more educated now, about the cleverness of this nicotine bitch. I must remain vigilante at all times, she is always lurking.

It is evening now, i am making it through and keeping my promise. Keeping my word from roll call.
My wife and I agreed before I started this 3 days ago, that she would work with me, not argue or demand or complain for the first 2 weeks.
She is fervently breaking her promise to me right now, upset over some very trivial shit that my son did on accident. Anyhow the anger level in me is racecar red but i am careful, i leave to take a run around the neighborhood with the dog before I respond. Im laughing to myself as I write these entries now, what an emotional trainwreck i have become in 3 days. Hold strong i tell myself, text my brothers, whatever i have to do to to keep my promise. I will NOT use NICOTINE today!!!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
Make your promise. Keep your promise. Refuse to cave. The rest will pass.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
Quote from: jMcKay
Its crazy how it does that you start of using it to fit in with others that use it at first it makes you feel kind of good maybe little sick. Doesn't take long your using it not to feel good but to just feel normal. The withdraws creep up on you and it sucks so much so you put off quitting for another time cause you need to concentrate. You got this push through it we've all been through it.
My kids were a huge accountability partner for me in the initial stages of my quit. How many times before I looked at them knowing I had failed and caved. When I finally decided to quit, they were instrumental in it. I could never go back on my word to them. I could never look in their trusting and loving eyes and admit failure. I could never crush their idea of who Dad really is. I look back now and those innocent faces are still there in my mind and my soul. As I reflect, it still chokes me up.

Offline JMckay

• I quit cause i can
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 14 april 2017
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
Its crazy how it does that you start of using it to fit in with others that use it at first it makes you feel kind of good maybe little sick. Doesn't take long your using it not to feel good but to just feel normal. The withdraws creep up on you and it sucks so much so you put off quitting for another time cause you need to concentrate. You got this push through it we've all been through it.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 06:06:00 AM »
...Tick Tock, Tick Tock....i make it home, i look my son in the eyes and tell him i"m good, no chew for 40 hours now,...he looks me in the eye and knows that i'm telling the truth. He is part of me...i failed him, for 10 fucking years...but he forgives me and pushes me to focus, focus and get rid of this nicotine Bitch that has owned me for 2 decades...

Love that you've involved your son. He's seen you enjoy it, now he sees it for what it really is. Hate that you're suffering, love that your writing it out. Tell me that didn't feel good!
Keep it up. You've got my digits, use 'em.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
Caver, im back
« on: March 30, 2018, 11:40:00 PM »
Hi, Im fighting like hell through day 2 right now. Today at work was unbelievable, Im a site super for commercial construction. Hot flashes, headaches, deep fog, no focus, complete retardation, and every excuse running through your brain to go get a can. It doesn't stop. I smashed 3 packs of trident gum by 10am. 12 dollars in lifesavers keeps me honest till about 7. Tick Tock, Tick Tock....i make it home, i look my son in the eyes and tell him i"m good, no chew for 40 hours now,...he looks me in the eye and knows that i'm telling the truth. He is part of me...i failed him, for 10 fucking years...but he forgives me and pushes me to focus, focus and get rid of this nicotine Bitch that has owned me for 2 decades.

Im 40. Married, Daughter graduating High school, and a 10 year old son. Ive chewed for 20 years; My mouth is destroyed, my gums are non existent where i held my chew. White spots and sores litter my lips, gums, and tongue. It's weird isn't it? How your mouth can burn and sting, yet the chew still goes in...goes in to cut again and dump toxic poison into your body...i didn't care, just over and over and over again. I reach out, out to you all, take my hand, lift my spirits, help me kick the can. I will not use nicotine EVER AGAIN!!!