Author Topic: When I wake up tomorrow.. I Start over  (Read 376 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: When I wake up tomorrow.. I Start over
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 08:26:00 AM »
Quote from: mpirollo26
I started chewing about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to a high school where it was the norm to walk around the halls with a fat lip and a milk carton to spit in. In high school I thought nothing of it well probably because everyone else was doing it. But as I graduated and moved onto college all my friends quit and I am one of the few left. I have gone for years now hiding cans under the bed from my mom, hiding spitters in the glove box while picking up my girlfriend. I am tired of it and ready for a change. When I graduated high school me and my friends went to the beach and I figured well since I'm going to be drunk all week might as well pick now to stop to lessen the side effects of nicotine withdrawal. It worked but on the ride home I picked it back up again. since then I have been making excuses of quitting and they always seemed to never end. Oh school is really hard right now I can't quit I won't be able to focus or I can't quit right now I have a long week at work. But no. Tomorrow is the day. I am going to wake up and flush the rest of my can. Also has anyone tried those Grinds Coffee pouches? Considering picking a tin up tomorrow of them.
You can do this man.

Are you familiar with our program?

We post roll each day. It is our promise to ourselves, our war cry in this battle, and our cry for help all rolled into one. I learned long ago that I need accountability in my quit to stay quit. I can stop on my own...but when left to my own devices, I can easily lie to myself about myself. I count on the people here to tell me the truth about quitting and what I need to do. If that sounds like something you are interested in, post up in the quit groups (You are May 2018).

Grinds are good. Walmarts tend to carry Smokey Mountain Snuff (so do Sheetz). Be careful going to the counter for that shit though. Old habits die hard. Grab your sack and let's fucking do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Socks000

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:44:00 AM »
I started chewing about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to a high school where it was the norm to walk around the halls with a fat lip and a milk carton to spit in. In high school I thought nothing of it well probably because everyone else was doing it. But as I graduated and moved onto college all my friends quit and I am one of the few left. I have gone for years now hiding cans under the bed from my mom, hiding spitters in the glove box while picking up my girlfriend. I am tired of it and ready for a change. When I graduated high school me and my friends went to the beach and I figured well since I'm going to be drunk all week might as well pick now to stop to lessen the side effects of nicotine withdrawal. It worked but on the ride home I picked it back up again. since then I have been making excuses of quitting and they always seemed to never end. Oh school is really hard right now I can't quit I won't be able to focus or I can't quit right now I have a long week at work. But no. Tomorrow is the day. I am going to wake up and flush the rest of my can. Also has anyone tried those Grinds Coffee pouches? Considering picking a tin up tomorrow of them.
Welcome mpirollo. I know those excuses all too well about not being able to quit this week/month/etc because of work/school, hell I was still making them last week.

Congrats on stepping up and setting a time, hold yourself to it. If you start having thoughts of caving and then quiting when school or work are better - forget it. I told myself that shit for 10 years. School will not miraculously get easier and work will not be any less of a burden, even if it all did get easier at some point, your mind would find a way to convince you that it isn't just so you can keep feeding it nicotine. Do not cave, do not even let it be a possibility in your head, they F'n stopped making any dip you like as far as you know; otherwise you'll be like I was and still be stuffing your face with it years after school.

I just got some grinds in the mail yesterday, they help. I've tried the wintergreen and caramel so far, the caramel was good but the wintergreen tasted off to me. They are pretty moist but I enjoyed it much more when I swallowed the juice, my mouth got really dry trying to spit like dip. Your mindset when you try them or any alternative makes a big difference, don't compare it to dip or you won't be happy with it - it is the only alternative since they stopped making your dip.

Roll on and stay strong, I'm right there with you.
- Be a better version of yourself Today than you were Yesterday.
- The best time to quit was 10 years ago - the second best time is today.
- Try Not! Quit or Quit not, there is no try

Initiating awkward laughter: Exhibit1 Exhibit 2
"...Life  Ass Changing..." "...PencilNinjaPoop..."
Socks Intro
Nicotine Science

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:22:00 AM »
I guess we will see when you come back to post roll if you were serious or not. Being that it was already tomorrow according to the time stamp of your post, you could have posted a day 1 already.

Offline mpirollo26

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-26
  • Likes Given: 0
When I wake up tomorrow.. I Start over
« on: January 26, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Robert Collier
When the past calls, let it go to voicemail. Believe me, it has nothing new to say