Author Topic: Quit since July 1, 2015  (Read 644 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Quit since July 1, 2015
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Quote from: DWEIRICK
No reason why you can't join up with topic/11203031/932/#new and start posting roll! Get in there and get some numbers to help hold you accountable!
So you ask for help and accountability, fellows put the quit group up for you , there it is go for it!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 03:51:00 AM »
No reason why you can't join up with topic/11203031/932/#new and start posting roll! Get in there and get some numbers to help hold you accountable!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
Quote from: 20152500HD
Yes Stranger, I AM an addict. No doubt about it. The first couple of weeks was pure hell. Depression and fog were severe. But I got over the physical side effects and was pretty good without it until the last month. It has been a reminder that I am still an addict. I don't want to have a son and have him go through the same bs I am going through. I remember my mother catching me dipping when I was on a Freshman in HS (wrestling team and baseball team). She told me that I was going down a dark road I would regret and battle the rest of my life. She was not joking. Here I am, probably wasted a good 15 grand on the junk, and who knows how much damage to my body. I pray to God for the dreams of it to go away. I am getting married in a few days (January 9), and I don't want to start my new life breaking promises to myself and my new wife.
I spent 35 years of my life using tobacco. I decided that I had enough on Labor Day weekend. I found myself here on day 6 with a numb mouth and in a deep fog. I never in my life thought that I would be quitting with others on an internet forum.

Posting roll every day and making connections with other addicts here has helped me stay quit for 118 days. This place works. B)B

Congratulations on your wedding! Keep it nicotine free! I hope to see you around here in the new year.

Offline 20152500HD

• Quit Date: 2015-07-01
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
Yes Stranger, I AM an addict. No doubt about it. The first couple of weeks was pure hell. Depression and fog were severe. But I got over the physical side effects and was pretty good without it until the last month. It has been a reminder that I am still an addict. I don't want to have a son and have him go through the same bs I am going through. I remember my mother catching me dipping when I was on a Freshman in HS (wrestling team and baseball team). She told me that I was going down a dark road I would regret and battle the rest of my life. She was not joking. Here I am, probably wasted a good 15 grand on the junk, and who knows how much damage to my body. I pray to God for the dreams of it to go away. I am getting married in a few days (January 9), and I don't want to start my new life breaking promises to myself and my new wife.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
Quote from: 20152500HD
Hello everyone. Started dipping Skoal when I was 12. Was heavily addicted for 12 years. I quit for my fiance and my future family July 1, 2015. THE HARDEST thing I have ever done. I'm not out of the woods yet. As time goes by, I have been having heavy cravings lately (likely due to seasonal triggers like hunting season, cutting wood season, etc...) I will weather the storm and I will win the fight.

The reason I am coming to this site - even though I have not take a dip since my the middle of this last summer - is because for some reason I am craving the shit like crazy now. Is this normal to want it so long after I quit? Will I always crave it, say 5 or 10 years from now? I just want the stuff out of my mind gone. Every male I associate with (Grandpa, Dad, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, employees, etc...) dip. Everyone. That does not trigger me. Its things like driving my truck, deer hunting, pushing snow, driving my tractor, etc... that have been triggering me.
You used the past tense "Was heavily addicted" - the truth is you are an addict like the rest of us. The cravings, the dip dreams, from what I've read here they persist for a long time. We quit one day at a time here (ODAAT), every damn day (EDD). Quitting for six months by yourself is really impressive man. Here you can quit with a whole team.

By your quit date I believe you would be in our October 2015 group. October being the month that you passed the 100 day mark. If you would like to start posting roll with them daily the link is here...

topic/11203031/932/#new

Read everything on this site, there is a lot of great information here. I'm still reading myself.

I quit with you today!

Offline Steel Cowboy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-16
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
You have a lot more time without nicotine than I do, so I can't chime in on your question, however this site definately has the experience to do so. I couldn't have done it without KTC. Welcome to the site and congrats on 6 months quit!
'Crazy' 'Crazy' 'Crazy'Proud Patient of the March 2016 M.E.N.T.A.L. Ward'Crazy' 'Crazy' 'Crazy'
Quit Date: December 16, 2015
HOF Date: March 24, 2016
Walking through my quit (intro)

Offline 20152500HD

• Quit Date: 2015-07-01
Quit since July 1, 2015
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
Hello everyone. Started dipping Skoal when I was 12. Was heavily addicted for 12 years. I quit for my fiance and my future family July 1, 2015. THE HARDEST thing I have ever done. I'm not out of the woods yet. As time goes by, I have been having heavy cravings lately (likely due to seasonal triggers like hunting season, cutting wood season, etc...) I will weather the storm and I will win the fight.

The reason I am coming to this site - even though I have not take a dip since my the middle of this last summer - is because for some reason I am craving the shit like crazy now. Is this normal to want it so long after I quit? Will I always crave it, say 5 or 10 years from now? I just want the stuff out of my mind gone. Every male I associate with (Grandpa, Dad, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, employees, etc...) dip. Everyone. That does not trigger me. Its things like driving my truck, deer hunting, pushing snow, driving my tractor, etc... that have been triggering me.