Author Topic: New Member  (Read 970 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Ammqash
Maysterbators--- day one... So it begins--- how do I get added to a Roll Call-- and how do I check in?? I am still learning how to navigate site--- Thanks
Ammqash,
First of all welcome to KTC. I am glad that you found us. Click on the welcome center and read about how to get started, start your own intro and also look in your PM inbox (upper right hand corner) as I also put this message there as well. The best thing you can do is want it and want it really bad. Remember to take things one day at a time, never ever focus on tomorrow or next week, fight hourly at first, then daily.

Urges and cravings will come and go, rage may become a factor as well. You may notice that your body will change some good, some bad. Read up on that stuff here, those who have walked the trail before you can help guide you through things when you need it.

Now learn how to post roll How to Post Roll.

Then join your quit group Pre HOF May 2014, this will be the month at which you will hit your HOF or 100 days of quit, as long as you have the balls to quit.

Next read the HOM speeches and stories here, learn from the veterans. Look in the site for all kind of information like Spousal Support or What to Expect

Find an alternative to dip Smokeless Alternatives. Find other alternatives (candies, seeds, peanuts, beef jerky...). Also drink lots of water. Bump your intake so you have to stop at every urinal in order to not piss your pants.

Finally, get to know people, exchange phone numbers, make friends and quit.

Sincerely,
Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Ammqash

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
Maysterbators--- day one... So it begins--- how do I get added to a Roll Call-- and how do I check in?? I am still learning how to navigate site--- Thanks

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: LifeAfterDip
Welcome Joe!

Today is day 29 for me and I can assure you that it doea get easier. But for right noe you need to take it 24 hours at a time. Promise your brothers but most importantly promise yourself! You are once again in control of your life! Every dip free day is further distancing yourself from nicotine's death grip. Congrats on making a damn good decision.
Ditto ^^^^^^ Welcome Joe....Trident/Orbit/Double Bubble....just keeping that mouth busy....it is getting easier.

Offline Joe8183

• Interests: Hunting, sports, Family, and most of all my Faith!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
Wow! just had dinner with the family. I am tobacco free!, I am very proud of myself! Here is where the pressure has kicked in! I can feel the craving going through me, so I bought some jack links jerky chew (shredded beef jerky). This stuff is helping w/ the oral fixation. It was kinda funny trying to get the powdered crap in the lip. I coughed half of it out. Kids laughed. I appreciate the continued support from everyone. Will be buying some mints soon! Thanks everyone

Offline LifeAfterDip

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Welcome Joe!

Today is day 29 for me and I can assure you that it doea get easier. But for right noe you need to take it 24 hours at a time. Promise your brothers but most importantly promise yourself! You are once again in control of your life! Every dip free day is further distancing yourself from nicotine's death grip. Congrats on making a damn good decision.
Quit date: 1/6/2014

Do you remember nicotine? Do you truly remember her? The way she controlled you financially, emotionally and physically? The lies she whispered in your ear daily? Remember how one dip was too many and one thousand was never enough? Yeah, so do I. That's why I'm here. That's why I post roll. That's why I support my brothers and sisters. Because I remember her too damn well.

Offline RaliPaul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Ski, golf, racquetball, reading, being a good husband and father
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
Joe,
Welcome, I'm in my 5th day. Welcome to the May Group (you'll hit 100 days in May)- learn how to daily post. I am 40 and so much wanted to quit for my 30th birthday. Read my Intro - don't let another 10 years get by you. STAY QUIT - I'M with you. -Paul

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Joe,

Welcome to the site. You will be amazed at who you meet and what you can accomplish here. However, like most things in life, you will get out of it only what you put into it. Posting roll is the most important thing, but it's not the only thing. Reach out to the other folks in your quit group and the vets on this site that will inevitably correspond with you if you're an active member. Do this early on (like today) and start building you circle of accountability.

The next few days are going to suck like hell. So just tough it out. Drink a bunch of water (cranberry juice also worked well for me), snack frequently throughout the day, and superglue your ass to a chair in front of the KTC website. Ready everything you can, and update your story as you go on your intro page.

In these first few days (when things feel like they are getting worse instead of better) go back and read through some of the intro threads from my group (the April group....folks in the 10-30 day quit range). You will get a feel for just how much better things get in the first few weeks after the suck has passed, and this should provide some inspiration to tough it out.

Welcome and PM me if you need anything.
Living the dream, one day at a time.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Joe8183
Thanks Everyone for the advice and support! I am definitely Excited to become amongst another "band of brothers" First off "I will NOT let myself, family, and all my supporters down" Thank You for joining me through this. I look forward to talking to everyone and already saying "I am tobacco Free!"

Thank You again!
Welcome brother....

Listen to those that came before, read everything you can on this site, get into chat when possible......and fight for your life!!
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Shorthorn

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
Welcome Joe, fellow Mayfia member.

you are in the suck my friend... The bad new is is sucks, the good news is you are suurrounded by brothers to help you thru and it only gets better from here.

Nic is an evil bitch. She will make you think and say crazy things in the next few weeks... grow some balls and bitch slap that nic.. you don't need it anymore.

I got you back brother!

Offline Joe8183

• Interests: Hunting, sports, Family, and most of all my Faith!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Thanks Everyone for the advice and support! I am definitely Excited to become amongst another "band of brothers" First off "I will NOT let myself, family, and all my supporters down" Thank You for joining me through this. I look forward to talking to everyone and already saying "I am tobacco Free!"

Thank You again!

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Joe, I added you to May 2014 roll call. Post roll everyday. Don't slack. It is the cornerstone of what we do here. It is vital. It is your promise to not use nicotine in any form whatsoever. I'll will try inserting link so you can see where you will post roll. You have an entire brotherhood to help you post roll for the next few days until you become more familiar with it. You just stay focused on being quit, and let us know each day if you need help posting roll.

index.php?showtopic=9408st=0

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
How badly do you want to quit?

I guess that's really the question you want to ask yourself.

Don't worry about what's "harder than you thought". Worry about this moment. The future doesn't matter if you can't get through the day. Plan to be quit, but enjoy the good times and get through the bad.

The first few days are rough. Your body will hate you as it believes you are taking away its nectar of life. It will rebel on you, but you need to hold steady. Drink lots of water. Occupy your lip with seeds, herbal snuff, tea bags, etc. Working out helps as well.

Your body catches up quickly, and you'll feel (physically) like a million bucks in a few days. However, your brain will still mess with you, and what you don't see is that you are starting to do some real healing. Take it moment by moment, and you'll be fine.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I am Joe  and I figured it was time to quit. I found this website, and it encouraged me to take the giant leap of quitting. I have chewed for over 10 years. I am 30 I would say that I have been chewing consistently for 10 years. I was up and down on quitting. I thought I would do it by cutting back and weening myself off. Then next thing you know I was up to 2 cans a day a week later. I would say I averaged a full can a day. I already had 3 this morning and found this site. Spit out the dip and dumped the can and an entire log into the trash. Took out my office trash to the dumpster, so that I could not go scavenging later. Sounds like it will be tougher than I think, but I just have to remember that my family is more important and that I want to be around and see them grow old. Thanks!
You're a quitter, congratulations!!!!

The next couple of weeks will suck, the next 3-4 days will be like a mind bender. You can get through this. Pick up candy, seeds, gum, toothpicks, etc. Stock up on that stuff.

Make sure you post roll with the May 2014 group in the quit group section. That's your promise to not use nicotine for the rest of today.

Do it one day at a time and make sure you post roll every morning when you get it up.

Fight through the next couple of days and the sun will start shining on you. Enjoy your new freedom!!!!

I quit with you today.
Joe, I saw your post in the General Discussion Thread 2014....looks like you tried to get started by posting "Day 1/2"....looks to me like you are telling us that you are ready to commit and to post roll to show us your commitment. I'm going to add you to the roll call of May 2014 Pre HOF group. You cannot go back on your word. That deal is sealed. Now, do not put that mess in your face for any reason whatsoever. It is a choice.

There will be some really great quitters that will come through and give you great advice, phone numbers, words of encouragement, words to heed, and everything you will need to get started. Welcome, to the place where 1/2 doesn't count...it's all the way or go home; therefore, today is your Day 1, not "1/2". You start your quit day the day you quit. Congratulations!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
I am Joe and I figured it was time to quit. I found this website, and it encouraged me to take the giant leap of quitting. I have chewed for over 10 years. I am 30 I would say that I have been chewing consistently for 10 years. I was up and down on quitting. I thought I would do it by cutting back and weening myself off. Then next thing you know I was up to 2 cans a day a week later. I would say I averaged a full can a day. I already had 3 this morning and found this site. Spit out the dip and dumped the can and an entire log into the trash. Took out my office trash to the dumpster, so that I could not go scavenging later. Sounds like it will be tougher than I think, but I just have to remember that my family is more important and that I want to be around and see them grow old. Thanks!
Joe,
First of all welcome to KTC. I am glad that you found us. You seem to have the drive to quit. The best thing you can do is want it and want it really bad. Remember to take things one day at a time, never ever focus on tomorrow or next week, fight hourly at first, then daily.

Urges and cravings will come and go, rage may become a factor as well. You may notice that your body will change some good, some bad. Read up on that stuff here, those who have walked the trail before you can help guide you through things when you need it.

Now learn how to post roll How to Post Roll.

Then join your quit group Pre HOF May 2014, this will be the month at which you will hit your HOF or 100 days of quit, as long as you have the balls to quit.

Next read the HOM speeches and stories here, learn from the veterans. Look in the site for all kind of information like Spousal Support or What to Expect

Find an alternative to dip Smokeless Alternatives. Find other alternatives (candies, seeds, peanuts, beef jerky...). Also drink lots of water. Bump your intake so you have to stop at every urinal in order to not piss your pants.

Finally, get to know people, exchange phone numbers, make friends and quit.

Sincerely,
Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
I am Joe and I figured it was time to quit. I found this website, and it encouraged me to take the giant leap of quitting. I have chewed for over 10 years. I am 30 I would say that I have been chewing consistently for 10 years. I was up and down on quitting. I thought I would do it by cutting back and weening myself off. Then next thing you know I was up to 2 cans a day a week later. I would say I averaged a full can a day. I already had 3 this morning and found this site. Spit out the dip and dumped the can and an entire log into the trash. Took out my office trash to the dumpster, so that I could not go scavenging later. Sounds like it will be tougher than I think, but I just have to remember that my family is more important and that I want to be around and see them grow old. Thanks!
You're a quitter, congratulations!!!!

The next couple of weeks will suck, the next 3-4 days will be like a mind bender. You can get through this. Pick up candy, seeds, gum, toothpicks, etc. Stock up on that stuff.

Make sure you post roll with the May 2014 group in the quit group section. That's your promise to not use nicotine for the rest of today.

Do it one day at a time and make sure you post roll every morning when you get it up.

Fight through the next couple of days and the sun will start shining on you. Enjoy your new freedom!!!!

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018