Author Topic: Ok... its time!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church & Bowling
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ok... its time!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Dude, there was a guy who caved this weekend because he thought he could handle beer and quit. Beer weakens your resolve.

Numbers give you someone to reach out too when you are craving, need to vent or need someone to post roll for you. It gives you another level of accountability. I like to text my brothers occasionally to check in with them and see how they are doing. Hit me up if you want my number.
Never forget the past or you will be doomed to relive your mistakes.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: zwatkins1984
I'm on my phone... I meant to say never in a fog not beverages, lol sorry guys.

Why not have a brew every now and then to take the edge off?

What numbers?
Zach we trade #'s so we have fellow quitters to call or text when we get hit by serious craves and need someone to talk to. or when we are raging and we need to protect the family and friends from our out of control attitude. At day 5 you are where I was when I totally lost control of everything, my day 6  7 I when crazy and I'm a pretty mellow guy generally. You can go back in my intro to about April 6 and read about my day and the rage. As far as the alcohol, Ive been here a mear 72 days and have seen several people come crawling back after drinking and posting a day 1 because they caved. I also am willing to exchange #'s, pm me.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
I'm on my phone... I ment to say never in a fog not beverages, lol sorry guys.

What numbers?
Well by mixing booze with the intense commitment it takes to quit nicotene is a bad combo.....

Think about it this way....

Your drinking a few beers to take the edge off when what happens when you drink you can easily start to rethink your commitment to quiting the nic whore....

Not that I am against having a beer from time to time but right now to increase your chances of quiting and not reliving the suck stage why chance it?

Secondly get and trade phone numbers with as many people from your group as you can, these are the guys who are going thru this with you right now!!! They can and will talk you off the ledge also it builds accountability.

Think of it this way if you got to know more of your quit brothers would that make you rethink caving?
If you were to contact a quit brother every morning, how could you make your promise then cave?
....do you follow the accountabilty???

I hope you do, and I want to see you succeed I can trade some numbers with you to help your accountability and keep you heading in the right direction!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline zwatkins1984

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
I'm on my phone... I ment to say never in a fog not beverages, lol sorry guys.

What numbers?

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
I'm on day 5 and I was beverages in a fog until now.  I thought all the nic was out of my system. Why the fog now?

This sucks, but I will not let my brothers down!

Zach
The sad part is the fog will seem to come and go alot!

The good part is the poison is out of your system but your brain will need to be re-wired now

Your addict brain is what will put you in and out of the fog and funk, I say adict brain mainly cause we have grown so accustomed to having that shit alot that our brain will still crave it!

Stay strong brother and stay determined this will pass and you will start feeling great but be wary the fog and funk come on unexpected and it always sucks!

Stay close to the site and avoid alchol for as long as you can the effects of alchol can be read about all over this place....

PM me if you need numbers...
What he said. Hit me up if you need numbers.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
I'm on day 5 and I was beverages in a fog until now. I thought all the nic was out of my system. Why the fog now?

Zach
The sad part is the fog will seem to come and go alot!

The good part is the poison is out of your system but your brain will need to be re-wired now

Your addict brain is what will put you in and out of the fog and funk, I say adict brain mainly cause we have grown so accustomed to having that shit alot that our brain will still crave it!

Stay strong brother and stay determined this will pass and you will start feeling great but be wary the fog and funk come on unexpected and it always sucks!

Stay close to the site and avoid alchol for as long as you can the effects of alchol can be read about all over this place....

PM me if you need numbers...
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline zwatkins1984

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
I'm on day 5 and I was beverages in a fog until now. I thought all the nic was out of my system. Why the fog now?

Zach

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Where/how do I post roll? No nic today and going strong guys. Settle down I'm at work and haven't had a chance to check my post

Zach
Hey man -- welcome aboard. Posting Roll is the foundation that this entire site is built upon. People get worked up over it because it is everyone's promise to one another. "Settle down" ain't gonnna sit well with a lot of guys when it comes to posting roll...HAHAHA. There are no excuses for anything here. Either quit or split is the attitude. This site isn't about trying to quit, it's about being quit. If you want to PM me with your number I'll be around. Take a few days to get acclimated to the site but POST ROLL everyday as early as possible. That takes the guesswork out of how serious you are.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Where/how do I post roll? No nic today and going strong guys. Settle down I'm at work and haven't had a chance to check my post

Zach
'party2' 'welcome'

Good on you! Congratulations.

Hey you don't have to be too nice. You can tell me to go pound sand, that you are quit.

If you are quit, own it and any doubters or haters....You have the right to give them one of these 'Finger'

Go to the welcome center. (Pink menu under the KTC logo) It will give you instructions on how to post roll.

Your group is september. Since you are at work, go to September, introduce your self and post your day quit.

Once you do that, I will put you on roll today. Tonight, go to the welcome center and follow the links and instructions. Do a ton of reading tonight.

Great choice. You just became a bad ass quitter in my book!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline zwatkins1984

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »

Zach

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
hello zwatkins1984,
I see you have not posted roll yet. Are you a pussy or something? What, somebody tell you that you can't do this?
Sorry, but you're not a pussy and you CAN do this. If I can, YOU can.
Glad you could make it to your "get your life back" appointment.
A few rules:
no nicotine at all...no sissy patches or nic bitch gum. You don't need them, their makers need you and your $$.
It is really so simple.....post roll, keep your word, get to bed, wake up and REPEAT.
It is a very hard journey, but it is reality...the dipping haze/fog/feeling is not real.
the dipping haze/fog/feeling is not real.
the dipping haze/fog/feeling is not real.
the dipping haze/fog/feeling is not real. Get the message??
It is produced by the nicotine we poison ourselves with. We do NOT think better with nicotine. That is a lie. We do NOT perform better at anything with nicotine, that is another (early on) lie.
Once you get the nic out of your system and begin the war of fighting the lies, you will begin to see the real beauty of the world, your family and what you can do in this life.
Things that really help in the first week: water (lots of it), aspirin/tylenol, exercise as much as you can, toothpicks, redhots and some quitters use the fake dip. to each his own, so long as it is NOT nicotine! you can break the oral fixation later.
Anyway, I am day 14, 30yr dumbass dipper. If I can do it, you know that YOU can!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: ntartick
Hello everyone,

I've tried quitting several times in the last 3 months and I made it as far as 3 weeks.  Then I caved... last week I told my self the usual things like one pouch can't hurt or I'll buy one can and throw it away tomorrow.  I've been buying a can and throwing it away for the last week and a half...

Now is the time. I am ready.  Its time to kill the Griz and get my life back!  I am an addict.  I'm ready to go through the fog and come out on the otherside.

6/7/2012

LETS DO THIS!
Zwatkins,

Still haven't seen your first roll post. Did I miss it? If you are serious about your quit and serious about quitting here you have to post roll everyday. Posting roll is the main success for all the quitters here. You sound like your serious, so get with the program or stop wasting our time. PM if you have any questions.
If he was serious, he would have flushed that shit yesterday and not put 6/7/2012 down as his future quit date. My guess is he lost his nerve because he really doesn't want to quit. He wants to keep stuffing that cancer juice into his lip.
Yeah it really takes a lot of guts to quit.

It is just safer to do it tomorrow and worry about getting one last nic fix. Oh nicotine you soul soliciting pig fucker! Here is another cat that can't stand to be raped but is worried about what life will be like without you holding him down and treating him like a little bitch.

zwatkins1984 - Since you choose to continue to let the tobacco industry rape you, why don't you just put a wig and high heels on, bend over and stuff a can full of chew up your ass! Then you can focus on ass cancer versus mouth cancer.

Get in and control your addiction. This is not the place to ease a guilty conscience. This is a place to got to work and quit!!!!

DO IT. I am no hero but at least I can make a promise and keep my word!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've tried quitting several times in the last 3 months and I made it as far as 3 weeks.  Then I caved... last week I told my self the usual things like one pouch can't hurt or I'll buy one can and throw it away tomorrow.  I've been buying a can and throwing it away for the last week and a half...

Now is the time. I am ready.  Its time to kill the Griz and get my life back!  I am an addict.  I'm ready to go through the fog and come out on the otherside.

6/7/2012

LETS DO THIS!
Zwatkins,

Still haven't seen your first roll post. Did I miss it? If you are serious about your quit and serious about quitting here you have to post roll everyday. Posting roll is the main success for all the quitters here. You sound like your serious, so get with the program or stop wasting our time. PM if you have any questions.
If he was serious, he would have flushed that shit yesterday and not put 6/7/2012 down as his future quit date. My guess is he lost his nerve because he really doesn't want to quit. He wants to keep stuffing that cancer juice into his lip.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

6/7/2012

LETS DO THIS!
Zwatkins,

Either not serious or lost!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've tried quitting several times in the last 3 months and I made it as far as 3 weeks. Then I caved... last week I told my self the usual things like one pouch can't hurt or I'll buy one can and throw it away tomorrow. I've been buying a can and throwing it away for the last week and a half...

Now is the time. I am ready. Its time to kill the Griz and get my life back! I am an addict. I'm ready to go through the fog and come out on the otherside.

6/7/2012

LETS DO THIS!
Zwatkins,