• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »
Congrats

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: trigerhapy
100 days man. Congratulations, HOF!
Proud to be quit with you!
Rock it out MO! Congrats brother! See you at 200!
Congrats Bro...
Stay away from the Monkeys...
Keep adding the +1
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
Rock it out MO! Congrats brother! See you at 200!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
Quote from: MOmedic
Day 85....

I have been thinking about this thing we call the fog, I don't know what even made me go to here, but circa 2000. My 2nd English class of undergrad we studied poetry. Shit I can not remember half of the things I do in a week but I remember this poem:
Fog
by Carl Sandburg
The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

I would like for you to stop, think, reflect, and post the meaning of this for you. I have included my interpretation below, but I want to you to draw your own conclusions for yourself (No Sheeple) here.[+] Spoiler We can not hear the mass of clouded judgement, rage, confusion, anger, depression, coming to impede the line of sight. This fog is unrelenting a silent omen that I fear because I do not know how long it will last or what it harbors in its mist. I need to be able to see in order to look forward and continue on the path of quit.
As it sits over me it effects not only me but those around me. It doesn't have to speak, it sits there and waits to snap up its pray. it is curled back waiting to pounce on those who do not respect its power and abilities. When the fog descends, we need to proceed with caution and slow otherwise, you will not see the hazard or trap that lay in-front of you. And just like it came, it rolls out, leaving no visible scars of its existence.
Thanks to candoit for linking me to this poem.

The fog is my biggest struggle. I hate it with a passion because of how sneaky it is coming over you on its cat feet before you realize you are in it. Can't think straight and never know when it will move on. Each day that passes I seem to spend less time in the fog. Drinking water really does seem to help this problem. Thanks for the poem, prior to tonight I hardly noticed how silently it comes over you. It's a sneaky bastard but now I how how she plays.

Day 30 with many more foggy days ahead but more prepared than before.
Me to my brother! Stay strong! Prooud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline MOmedic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-05
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Day 85....

I have been thinking about this thing we call the fog, I don't know what even made me go to here, but circa 2000. My 2nd English class of undergrad we studied poetry. Shit I can not remember half of the things I do in a week but I remember this poem:
Fog
by Carl Sandburg
The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

I would like for you to stop, think, reflect, and post the meaning of this for you. I have included my interpretation below, but I want to you to draw your own conclusions for yourself (No Sheeple) here.[+] Spoiler We can not hear the mass of clouded judgement, rage, confusion, anger, depression, coming to impede the line of sight. This fog is unrelenting a silent omen that I fear because I do not know how long it will last or what it harbors in its mist. I need to be able to see in order to look forward and continue on the path of quit.
As it sits over me it effects not only me but those around me. It doesn't have to speak, it sits there and waits to snap up its pray. it is curled back waiting to pounce on those who do not respect its power and abilities. When the fog descends, we need to proceed with caution and slow otherwise, you will not see the hazard or trap that lay in-front of you. And just like it came, it rolls out, leaving no visible scars of its existence.
Thanks to candoit for linking me to this poem.

The fog is my biggest struggle. I hate it with a passion because of how sneaky it is coming over you on its cat feet before you realize you are in it. Can't think straight and never know when it will move on. Each day that passes I seem to spend less time in the fog. Drinking water really does seem to help this problem. Thanks for the poem, prior to tonight I hardly noticed how silently it comes over you. It's a sneaky bastard but now I how how she plays.

Day 30 with many more foggy days ahead but more prepared than before.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Nice job, Adam. I am also from the great state of Missouri (SW corner). Get involved and don't be afraid to reach out if you need help.
Go Cards!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Awkwood15

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-10
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
Great to see a fellow Medic stand up and say no more to this shit!!! Isn't it ridiculous how much this "stimulant" actually bogs down the body and mind? Stay strong and rage on with your quit. Proud to quit with you today.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
Yo MOmedic:

Welcome to the sane side of KTC those crazy Apes you been dealing with are NUTS.
Have they made you drink any skunk piss??? Heard they do weird thing in there?
Seriously, congrats on a great quit going.
This intro page is for you, its like a journal, USE IT.
Congrats on your quit ... thanks for sharing your intro.
I quit with you today!
I believe.....

Offline MOmedic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-05
Intro
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
This should have been done a while ago but as with anything better late than never! My name is Adam and I am from St. Louis, MO. I work as a paramedic and volunteer as a firefighter. A little background from me I had been a dipper for 6 years. I began in my junior year of high school with teammates sometimes after practice. Which slowly progressed to everyday after practice, then into into dipping all day everyday whenever I had opportunities to do it. The habit followed me into college where I would dip staying up late doing assignments for class, to fight boredom, or socially, or much of the time to feed my addiction I had created to the nicotine. I didn't recognize it as that at the time but I have come to realize that during most of my time dipping it truly was solely to feel the addiction. When beginning this journey my main and really only reason to quit was fear of cancer. However my list of reasons has grown. The freedom of not having to rely on dip as a crutch stands the tallest at this point. I was a ninja dipper purely due to recognizing how disgusting and offensive people find it, specifically my family. I was always finding myself sneaking away to have dips or just holing up so I could sit in private and dip. It's insane how much of my life I've missed or changed just because I wanted to sit around and dip. A final reason is that I know this poison is destroying my body physically and I can feel that this stuff has been slowing me down in the gym and training for work. Dip no longer has a place in my life and its time for it to go. It's been a great 29 days for me with the Apes. Embracing the suck and strapped in for this ride.