Author Topic: Long time stalker, first time poster  (Read 18127 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
Re: Long time stalker, first time poster
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »
IÂ’m at day 77! While I try to be proud of the count, IÂ’m reminded of why my number is only 77. About 10 years ago I was roughly at the 6 year mark, nicotine free. Yes, 6 fÂ’n years without failing! I started bumming a dip from friends while golfing and chewing on a cigar at parties. I let my guard down and my addiction started working on my behaviors.

I convinced myself that I could buy a tin and leave it around, just take a dip once-in-awhile when the feeling struck. Then instead of having a new tin once a month it grew into a tin-a-day addiction. I was horribly embarrassed that I caved. My wife was pissed and I let myself down.

As most of you have posted, IÂ’ve tried quitting many times. I would make it through the suck and speed on down the road only to stop at the gas station to start the cycle again.

But this time it is different. Why? IÂ’ve got this site and bunch of people that will assist me in keeping my daily promise. I now have a group that will keep bringing the addiction mind games to the forefront for me to see. For that I am thankful and proud.

So, will I make it past the 6 year mark again? I donÂ’t know. All I can promise is that today I will not cave.

The answer is yes.  6 years!
Congrats brother. Great work. Appreciate you showing us the way.
Congratulations brother, keep forging ahead and leading the way

Congrats on 6 years of freedom KZ!  Thank you for posting roll with us in December 15!   8)

I don't think I ever "roughly" quit for any period of time.  All of my "quits" before this one allowed for cigars, bummed dips or cigarettes because, well, something happened.   :P

I'm proud to quit with you every day brother!
6 years a constant. Thank you Kenny and congratulations!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2020, 11:52:49 AM »
Golly G KZ, thanks for sticking around and rolling sober with me!
Life just keeps getting better when you face it friends and without luggage.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Online Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2020, 01:07:25 AM »
IÂ’m at day 77! While I try to be proud of the count, IÂ’m reminded of why my number is only 77. About 10 years ago I was roughly at the 6 year mark, nicotine free. Yes, 6 fÂ’n years without failing! I started bumming a dip from friends while golfing and chewing on a cigar at parties. I let my guard down and my addiction started working on my behaviors.

I convinced myself that I could buy a tin and leave it around, just take a dip once-in-awhile when the feeling struck. Then instead of having a new tin once a month it grew into a tin-a-day addiction. I was horribly embarrassed that I caved. My wife was pissed and I let myself down.

As most of you have posted, IÂ’ve tried quitting many times. I would make it through the suck and speed on down the road only to stop at the gas station to start the cycle again.

But this time it is different. Why? IÂ’ve got this site and bunch of people that will assist me in keeping my daily promise. I now have a group that will keep bringing the addiction mind games to the forefront for me to see. For that I am thankful and proud.

So, will I make it past the 6 year mark again? I donÂ’t know. All I can promise is that today I will not cave.

Congrats on 6 years of freedom KZ!  Thank you for posting roll with us in December 15!   8)

I don't think I ever "roughly" quit for any period of time.  All of my "quits" before this one allowed for cigars, bummed dips or cigarettes because, well, something happened.   :P

I'm proud to quit with you every day brother!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1978
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2020, 08:43:09 AM »

Jan19

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2020, 06:31:32 AM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2020, 09:31:33 AM »
Day 2,000!  Thanks to all that support me!  I appreciate the help.
Congrats @KennyZ . Thanks for showing us the way.
That's badass to the core.
One day at a time, but more important, a man of his word.

Congrats Kenny.  Keep blazing that trail and we'll try to keep up.  Hold the line man.
Congrats Kenny, keep kicking ass
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2020, 08:53:29 AM »

Congrats Kenny.  Keep blazing that trail and we'll try to keep up.  Hold the line man.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2020, 10:49:12 AM »
Jan19

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:24 AM »
Day 1,921:

It’s been a long time since I visited my intro.  I’m so proud of how far I’ve come and the crew that supports me.  I’m at a point in my quit where I don’t think about dip unless I’m in here.  And I’m thankful for that.  Posting roll daily is the only time I’m allowed to think about it.  It is off the table for the rest of the day once I’ve made my promise. 

To the newer quitters, please reach out and make connections.  Quitting is a hard thing to do and there aren’t any medals for doing it the hardest way.  Lean on people when you need it and provide support when they need it.  It’s a simple concept. 

KZ
@KennyZ 1921 is BADASS!!  Keep dropping your knowledge in here brother. You have a ton of knowledge others can benefit from. Thanks for sharing.
Jan19

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2020, 10:43:54 PM »
Day 1,921:

It’s been a long time since I visited my intro.  I’m so proud of how far I’ve come and the crew that supports me.  I’m at a point in my quit where I don’t think about dip unless I’m in here.  And I’m thankful for that.  Posting roll daily is the only time I’m allowed to think about it.  It is off the table for the rest of the day once I’ve made my promise. 

To the newer quitters, please reach out and make connections.  Quitting is a hard thing to do and there aren’t any medals for doing it the hardest way.  Lean on people when you need it and provide support when they need it.  It’s a simple concept. 

KZ

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2018, 08:43:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Congrats on 1400 You bad ass mofo!
Well done my man!
Rawls 1395
I believe.....

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 387