Author Topic: Just Tossed It All Out  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
Re: Just Tossed It All Out
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 12:32:06 AM »
Four plus years lost.  This might be a good thread to reflect on why they were lost to help future quitters.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4370
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
@Wild_Man Read back through this and get mad. You could have been 4.5 years quit today. Use that as motivation to keep your word today and quit ODAAT.

It appears to me this time you are in a better place. Since there is no luck here I will simply say: post roll and honor your word. Get digits and build that accountability network. Own your quit and eliminate all weak links in the chain.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Wild_Man

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-07
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
Going to post roll shortly. As you all have said, this fucking sucks. But I suppose there are worse things. One minute at a time. One hour at a time. One day at a time. I got this. I'm not a fan of losing. Thanks for all the support!

Offline Brett

• Quitting MoFo
  • The Grit to Stay Quit
  • Quit Date: 2/7/2017
  • Interests: Jesus Christ,Physical Therapy,Whitewater rafting.hiking,mountain biking,boxing,wrestling,karate
  • Likes Given: 1355
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Wild_Man
I came across this page a week or so ago, and was intrigued. The more I read, the more I believe I might actually be able to do this. I'm in a fairly stressful time of my life at the moment, but I've finally admitted to myself that there will never be a "good" time to quit, and if I really want to knock this shit off, I better just do it now. It's all in the dumpster behind my work. I'm glad I was able to find a place where I think I'll have great support. I look forward to talking to you all and hearing your stories. Wish me luck!
Wildman it is about to get a lot wilder. Your quit will suck but you can do it if your commit every day to be nicotine free. Post in your group and make a promise to yourself and your new community. We got your back but you have to have the guts to do this. Get to quitting hard!!
"Whomever comes after me must Deny themselves, Take up their cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
(Jesus to everyone)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
The Quit Support in here.....
Well...that's what quit smells like.
Engage Wildman.
You came across this page for A REASON!

Just quit with us today.

We have no time to talk about tomorrow....
Cause right now, tomorrow is not here.
Nice form...Yodal 'archer'
Rawls 841
I believe.....

Offline SoccerJack

• Quitter
  • Not a HOF Conductor
  • Quit Date: 12/22/16 at 5pm
  • Interests: Stuff and things.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
You will NOT regret quitting. The suck is truly temporary, and things will get better. Get in your group, introduce yourself, and put your name on that list saying you will not use nicotine today. Keep that promise. Wake up tomorrow and put your name and promise on that list again. Repeat that day by day, and you will understand why luck is irrelevant here.

Give 'em hell.

Jack

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »
Hi Wildman, welcome to the site.

A few things to remember here is to post roll daily. It seems odd at first but in time you will understand why it is necessary. Gather numbers form total strangers. Yeah that's right. Total strangers. They just may be your only life line in a moment of weakness. And yeah it is going to suck really bad as was pointed out, but the suck is worth it. It teaches you a valuable lesson. Recall how bad it sucks and next time you think of putting cat shit in your mouth, think back to the suck and ask your self is it worth it to feel that ever again. Some people around here say they forget about it over time and never think about their addiction. To me that is scary. NEVER forget where you were and where you could easily end back up at. Remember it daily and how bad the suck sucked, how bad your teeth looked, how bad your breath smelled, how much money you spent etc etc. It sucks!

When shit gets heavy come here and read hall of fame speeches, read words of wisdom, post in this introduction post as your personal journey blog or bitch session. You can't possibly say anything we all haven't heard before so feel free. Post away!

Remember:

1. There is no such thing as luck here, we just DO.
2. We do NOT have a habit, we are addicts plain and simple.
3. Post roll daily. Wake up, piss, post in exactly that order.

Take care man and I quit with you edd!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline Yodal

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-02-27
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
No luck here Wild Man. Post roll and keep your word and that will get you to where you want to be.

click HERE for your group.

The best way to make this place work is to get to know people. Building a support group is crucial.
HERE is what I learned in my 49 days quit.

The time for wishing is in the past, the time for doing, that is the time now.
Welcome Wildman.
You are going to have to REALLY want this!!
I'm only 9 days in, but I can tell you, it's gonna suck!
And then suck some more!!
But there is something about this site that makes it better.
Knowing that you have other people doing this with you.
I found that posting roll is pretty important! It's your WORD that you won't
use nicotine for the day. That's it. Just for the day.
And then do it again tomorrow....
So jump on board man! Lets do this shit together!!

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
No luck here Wild Man. Post roll and keep your word and that will get you to where you want to be.

click HERE for your group.

The best way to make this place work is to get to know people. Building a support group is crucial.
HERE is what I learned in my 49 days quit.

The time for wishing is in the past, the time for doing, that is the time now.
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Wild_Man

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-07
  • Likes Given: 10
Just Tossed It All Out
« on: March 07, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
I came across this page a week or so ago, and was intrigued. The more I read, the more I believe I might actually be able to do this. I'm in a fairly stressful time of my life at the moment, but I've finally admitted to myself that there will never be a "good" time to quit, and if I really want to knock this shit off, I better just do it now. It's all in the dumpster behind my work. I'm glad I was able to find a place where I think I'll have great support. I look forward to talking to you all and hearing your stories. Wish me luck!