Author Topic: just ready to sleep  (Read 1078 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: just ready to sleep
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Vguy
Quote from: 1970f100
Hi, new to the forum thing. I quit on the first of April and the days seem to be getting longer and harder. Hope to find a way to sleep better soon. Any ideas?
Sorry for where you are right now. The best I can say is Embrace The Suck and spend those awake hours reading as much as you can on this site. I quit 54 days ago, and figuring out that all these folks have been where I was has made it infinitely better. It gets better, but post in your quit month daily, read all you can, ask for phone numbers, and get invested in your quit and the quits of your brothers here. You can gut your way through this if you commit and use the tools.
A couple of suggestions... Go to the gym, get on a treadmill, turn the speed up .5 mph faster than you like and up the incline 5 more than you like. Then stay on for 30-45 minutes until the treadmill is sitting in a pool of sweat. Then go home and buy a supplement called "natural calm" from Amazon or Gnc it is a magnesium supplement that never fails to knock me out, especially after exercise.

Nicotine jacks with the neurotransmitters in your brain. It reduces oxygen in the blood, and that giant cranium of yours is finally getting the oxygen it needs and deserves. But right now your brain feels like a flooded engine with all of the new fuel. It gets so much better. Sweat and magnesium will help. So will I - if you need a contact number shoot me a pm. You can do this, and you'll never relive this bullshit again.

Offline Vguy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Cowboy action and other shooting, outdoors, motorcycle trips, and reading.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Start reading here with the Welcome Center:

forum/55560/

Your quit group is July. Once you read the intro, get in there and post and let the group know you're there and need help.

Offline Vguy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Cowboy action and other shooting, outdoors, motorcycle trips, and reading.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: 1970f100
Hi, new to the forum thing. I quit on the first of April and the days seem to be getting longer and harder. Hope to find a way to sleep better soon. Any ideas?
Sorry for where you are right now. The best I can say is Embrace The Suck and spend those awake hours reading as much as you can on this site. I quit 54 days ago, and figuring out that all these folks have been where I was has made it infinitely better. It gets better, but post in your quit month daily, read all you can, ask for phone numbers, and get invested in your quit and the quits of your brothers here. You can gut your way through this if you commit and use the tools.

Offline 1970f100

• Quit Date: 2015-04-01
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »

Offline 1970f100

• Quit Date: 2015-04-01
just ready to sleep
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
First day on the forum
Lost trying to find quit group?
Roll call?
Sorry don't know what to do