Author Topic: You can quit tomorrow  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
Re: You can quit tomorrow
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 10:25:35 PM »
Day 45 no dip! Day 20 no alcohol! What has been key to my success so far? Posting every day when I wake up. Also I have 20 quitters phone numbers that I regularly check in with by text. This accountability system keeps me going and I look forward to posting every morning. It feels good to go to bed nicotine free and sober. And it feels good to wake up that way. I think this has been mentioned before but I never wake up wishing I had dipped or drank the day before.

20 days ago I made the decision to give up alcohol. Similarly to my dipping addiction, there is no such thing as one drink. Too many times...virtually every time I drink, I try to limit it to 1-2 beers. Then I say oh just one more and then another and another. A few hours later, I've had 8 or 10 or I lost count beers and feel like trash for the next 48 hours. It's a terrible way to live. I didn't drink everyday but it has impacted my health (mental and physical), finances, relationships, and work performance.

I flew from Montana to Salt Lake City to Boise, ID yesterday. This was the first time flying in awhile without dipping or drinking. Traveling is much more fun and less stressful without dipping or drinking. I flew Delta and volunteered to take a later flight. I was chosen and will be getting a $400 gift card!

Life is turning out to be much better without dip. My mouth feels better, I'm sleeping better, I'm exercising a lot more, slowly losing weight. I'm present and not always going away to get my ninja dip fix. I'm saving money. There is still some stress and problems I deal with, especially at work, but I'm handling them better.

For everyone who is a part of this community, thank you! Every time you post helps us all out. If there is anyone reading this who is thinking about quitting, you can do it!

I know I'm still early in my quits I want to share where I'm at. I feel pretty good and am looking forward to continue embracing the quit.

@Finoc1984, you sir, are a badass mofo!! I’m proud to be quit with you. I’ll be even more proud to be a hof’er with you in January. Stay strong brotha.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1655
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »
Big win! Huge! Monumental! Magnificent! Fabulous! (can I say fabulous?) Most excellent!
Wanted to like this eight different ways from Sunday but alas I'm limited to one.
I don't know what it is about traveling (planes, trains, & automobiles) that drives the addiction so but the connection is definitely there.
Options on the airplane were to gut it or toon it, neither of which is palatable. Either way you gotta dispose of the wad sooner or later and those rinky dinky airplane lavatory sinks weren't made to receive cat turds. Still, with all that as foreknowledge the addict would still pack one in before, during, or after boarding.
The air travel wins are pivotal; it is a distinct palpable sense of freedom that rings, nay thunders of VICTORY!
Thanks for sharing that and being the wind beneath the wings of quit for others.
PTBQWYT!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:01:04 AM by Athan »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Finoc1984

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »
Day 45 no dip! Day 20 no alcohol! What has been key to my success so far? Posting every day when I wake up. Also I have 20 quitters phone numbers that I regularly check in with by text. This accountability system keeps me going and I look forward to posting every morning. It feels good to go to bed nicotine free and sober. And it feels good to wake up that way. I think this has been mentioned before but I never wake up wishing I had dipped or drank the day before.

20 days ago I made the decision to give up alcohol. Similarly to my dipping addiction, there is no such thing as one drink. Too many times...virtually every time I drink, I try to limit it to 1-2 beers. Then I say oh just one more and then another and another. A few hours later, I've had 8 or 10 or I lost count beers and feel like trash for the next 48 hours. It's a terrible way to live. I didn't drink everyday but it has impacted my health (mental and physical), finances, relationships, and work performance.

I flew from Montana to Salt Lake City to Boise, ID yesterday. This was the first time flying in awhile without dipping or drinking. Traveling is much more fun and less stressful without dipping or drinking. I flew Delta and volunteered to take a later flight. I was chosen and will be getting a $400 gift card!

Life is turning out to be much better without dip. My mouth feels better, I'm sleeping better, I'm exercising a lot more, slowly losing weight. I'm present and not always going away to get my ninja dip fix. I'm saving money. There is still some stress and problems I deal with, especially at work, but I'm handling them better.

For everyone who is a part of this community, thank you! Every time you post helps us all out. If there is anyone reading this who is thinking about quitting, you can do it!

I know I'm still early in my quits I want to share where I'm at. I feel pretty good and am looking forward to continue embracing the quit.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 06:23:48 AM »
@Finoc1984, post anything and everything in here.  Keep your intro updated and stoked with ramblings, wins, low spots (not losses...we don't lose...we quit), and advice for other quitters to follow and learn from.  Speak and write QUIT.  Don't drift away from the site.  If your're going out with friends or doing something out of routine, file a float plan with the Quit Guard.  Talk to folks and get their numbers.  Success of your quit or quits is up to you but having a few folks numbers in your phone can pay dividends.  Keep it up and stay quit.  Never did I imagine being just a few months shy of 2000/2400/1025 days quit. Take it one day at a time until it becomes never again for any reason.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the support so far. I'm getting through the day without dip. It's not easy but I'm feeling good about my decision to quit. Not feeling productive but I have the weekend off. Plan is to do a lot of posting and texting with my quit friends.

I am here with you bud....I am on day 4...These guys here will bend over backwards to help us...stay commited...If you need anything from me pm me.   I have been quit 4 days after dipping for 32 years....but im just done with it. 
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Finoc1984

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the support so far. I'm getting through the day without dip. It's not easy but I'm feeling good about my decision to quit. Not feeling productive but I have the weekend off. Plan is to do a lot of posting and texting with my quit friends.

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »
So out of the three newbies that comment above:

@Finoc1984
@NurseFarmer
@JustSaiyan

The only one that has the best chance of succeeding is Finoc1984 because he is the only one that has posted a promise to remain nicotine free in the January Quit Group. 

Posting your promise in your quit group is the price of admission to this forum.  Finoc has done that and now only needs to keep his word and then come back tomorrow and repeat the process.  What are you two other guys gonna do?  Are you gonna sack up and quit with us or are you going to go back to the nic bitch and start sucking that dead weed again?  The choice is yours, freedom or slavery.  Choose, but choose for yourself.

Come post roll!! You’re all lucky.. you get to be in a January group!!! No better time to quit.

Jump in.. post roll.. send me or @chris2alaska a PM.. exchange digits with us... prove you really want this.

It’s time.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
So out of the three newbies that comment above:

@Finoc1984
@NurseFarmer
@JustSaiyan

The only one that has the best chance of succeeding is Finoc1984 because he is the only one that has posted a promise to remain nicotine free in the January Quit Group. 

Posting your promise in your quit group is the price of admission to this forum.  Finoc has done that and now only needs to keep his word and then come back tomorrow and repeat the process.  What are you two other guys gonna do?  Are you gonna sack up and quit with us or are you going to go back to the nic bitch and start sucking that dead weed again?  The choice is yours, freedom or slavery.  Choose, but choose for yourself.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2365
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
I feel you. I’m at 24 hours quit and all I can keep thinking is: “one more can” or “I’ll just do one more day.” I can tell you if I cave it’s always another month or year. I’m feeling the pain with you right now but we can do it. That one more mentality is like going back to an abusive girlfriend who says she won’t anymore when we both know that ain’t true.
You can do it. It does suck for a while and then it doesn't. Focus short-term. At KTC, we quit one day at a time (ODAAT). No need to add the stress and anxiety about worry about next week. Today makes 1 year for me.
Jan19

Offline NurseFarmer

• Quitter
  • Taking the battle to the nic bitch
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 01:51:10 AM »
I feel you. I’m at 24 hours quit and all I can keep thinking is: “one more can” or “I’ll just do one more day.” I can tell you if I cave it’s always another month or year. I’m feeling the pain with you right now but we can do it. That one more mentality is like going back to an abusive girlfriend who says she won’t anymore when we both know that ain’t true.

Offline JustSaiyan

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:20 AM »
I right there with you man. I wanna stop dipping but as u know ita not gonna be easy but if others can do it then u can too. Dig deep u got this.

Offline Finoc1984

• Quitter
You can quit tomorrow
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:48:27 AM »
Hi,

I've been dipping for the past 17 years. I'm 34. I started with the Skoal pouches and went to the Skoal Longcut and Copenhagen Longcut and for about the past year I've been dipping Copenhagen pouches, about 1.5-2 cans a day. I put 4 pouches in my mouth. Pathetic, I know. I just posted my day 1 and I need to quit. I'll put the pouches in for 10-15 min and spit them out. I feel sick and have headaches quite often but I'm addicted to dipping. I hope I start to feel better soon. My last dip was an hour ago. I've browsed this site and finally have the guts to quit.

It's like every day I tell myself I'll quit after this can or I'll quit tomorrow or pick any day and I always fail. I'm a slave and I just want freedom. It's inspiring to read the stories on here and to know that this can work. Please send encouragement and thoughts my way. I'm afraid of cancer and all of the missed opportunities in my life. Here we go.