Author Topic: Garbage feeling  (Read 21714 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Garbage feeling
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2021, 09:24:33 AM »
You know what is refreshing?! Going to the dentist and having her say great job with your quit and your teeth/gums look awesome. For the first time in years I was not nervous going to the dentist. I always hated it as my teeth would hurt for days from all the scraping. The girl said that I have made her job much much easier by quitting. I told her with my limited diet (reflux, gall bladder issues) and chewing of gum that I was not sure how my teeth would be. Such a great feeling to have a happy dentist. Now I pray that the GI issues are from my gall bladder and I get that tested this week. So even though I have had plenty of troubles in my 518 days of quit I have not given up hope at all. I know that these GI issues will be resolved and I will get to feeling better soon. Has it been a struggle? Yup, but I would do it all again. Life is getting better and you just need to stick with it. I am so pleased to see people post about their highs and lows. We need to vent about those as that is therapy for many. I will continue to pray for all the addicts of the world no matter their addiction and pray that one day you all will be free. Stay safe, stay quit and God bless.

Doug
Way to GO man! those are great freaking wins! we tell ourselves that our issues would stop if we just dipped again? but look at you Win the day and you fought back so many times to prove those are lies and you are overcoming those issues with time. TIME is a powerful and valuable asset in all quits! keep being the inspiration you are Doug!
~nick~
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
You know what is refreshing?! Going to the dentist and having her say great job with your quit and your teeth/gums look awesome. For the first time in years I was not nervous going to the dentist. I always hated it as my teeth would hurt for days from all the scraping. The girl said that I have made her job much much easier by quitting. I told her with my limited diet (reflux, gall bladder issues) and chewing of gum that I was not sure how my teeth would be. Such a great feeling to have a happy dentist. Now I pray that the GI issues are from my gall bladder and I get that tested this week. So even though I have had plenty of troubles in my 518 days of quit I have not given up hope at all. I know that these GI issues will be resolved and I will get to feeling better soon. Has it been a struggle? Yup, but I would do it all again. Life is getting better and you just need to stick with it. I am so pleased to see people post about their highs and lows. We need to vent about those as that is therapy for many. I will continue to pray for all the addicts of the world no matter their addiction and pray that one day you all will be free. Stay safe, stay quit and God bless.

Doug

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2021, 08:35:33 AM »
500 days. Dang 500 days. Holy snikeys 500 days. Never in my life would I ever have imagined being 500 days tobacco free. After abusing myself for 30 plus years I have made a commitment that is as important to me as my wedding vows.  To all my family, friends and acquaintances thank you for I owe you big time. I challenge any of you or are just starting to quit or who are thinking of quitting to try it one day at a time. That is how its done and that is a proven way as how it works. Build your network of quitters, not only inside your month but all across the site. That is the greatest thing in my book is the list of help that you can call on. I made it 500 days because of the awesome people on this site. You know who you are and you are very humble about it also. I have a few that mean the most to me and are truly brothers. I have a special place in my heart for my bud in south jersey as you did save my ass. I also have a super special place in my heart for a man in Colorado that was the first guy that admitted that I saved him, (that humbled me and is an honor). But there is one that truly feels like a blood brother lost at birth who resides in Ohio. We have met and it is amazing how much we have in common and my boys even said that we could be brothers. To my month, The June 2020 Renegades, you welcomed me in at 78 days like it was day 1. To this day we are still holding together real well even though we have lost many. Without KTC and all the family that I have met thru here my life would be a different story without you. Again, thank you to everybody and here is to the march to 1000 'Sing and Drink'.

Oh yeah the network is open to anybody that wants to be part of it. You need help or just want another quit bud let me know. My digits are only a pm away. God bless you all

Doug
Congrats on 500 brother. Keep kicking ass every single day. Proud to quit with you.

Proud of you Doug.

Congrat on half a comma. Nice strong quit you have going there.
I take that march with you to get that comma.  Let's QUIT on!
Belated congrats doug!! half dangglin is pretty bad ass, thanks for all you do

Nick-LTBE
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2021, 02:02:16 PM »
500 days. Dang 500 days. Holy snikeys 500 days. Never in my life would I ever have imagined being 500 days tobacco free. After abusing myself for 30 plus years I have made a commitment that is as important to me as my wedding vows.  To all my family, friends and acquaintances thank you for I owe you big time. I challenge any of you or are just starting to quit or who are thinking of quitting to try it one day at a time. That is how its done and that is a proven way as how it works. Build your network of quitters, not only inside your month but all across the site. That is the greatest thing in my book is the list of help that you can call on. I made it 500 days because of the awesome people on this site. You know who you are and you are very humble about it also. I have a few that mean the most to me and are truly brothers. I have a special place in my heart for my bud in south jersey as you did save my ass. I also have a super special place in my heart for a man in Colorado that was the first guy that admitted that I saved him, (that humbled me and is an honor). But there is one that truly feels like a blood brother lost at birth who resides in Ohio. We have met and it is amazing how much we have in common and my boys even said that we could be brothers. To my month, The June 2020 Renegades, you welcomed me in at 78 days like it was day 1. To this day we are still holding together real well even though we have lost many. Without KTC and all the family that I have met thru here my life would be a different story without you. Again, thank you to everybody and here is to the march to 1000 'Sing and Drink'.

Oh yeah the network is open to anybody that wants to be part of it. You need help or just want another quit bud let me know. My digits are only a pm away. God bless you all

Doug
Congrats on 500 brother. Keep kicking ass every single day. Proud to quit with you.

Proud of you Doug.

I take that march with you to get that comma.  Let's QUIT on!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2021, 09:40:51 AM »

Doug

Proud of you Doug.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2021, 10:09:56 PM »

Doug

Proud of you Doug.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »

Doug
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2021, 08:12:51 AM »

Doug

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2021, 12:00:58 AM »
Just poked through most of this thread... I really appreciate you venting and documenting your quit here.

I'm at day 105, and I'm blown away that I'm not pretty much back to 100%. But I guess it makes me feel better (and worse) that many people struggle with mental and physical symptoms for a LONG time. But we used nic for a long time,  so we cant expect things to be back to normal after a few months.

I haven't had any major symptoms, but just general junkiness. It comes and goes in intensity. Mostly just low, tired depressed with odd mouth/jaw feelings and minor headaches. It just wears on you.

How are you feeling nowadays?

@Thefranks5 can attest to his own experience, but I still have those days and I'm in the 180s. They're fewer and farther between but I still have "bad days". I have learned just to take the days as they come.
Thank you for digging up my thread and glad I could be of help @Addictx3 Well my journey is good but just like @macattack said there are good days and bad days. My reflux I can keep under control but do get stupid and over do it at times. My gut issues started in April when I changed jobs so I took on more responsibility, more physical labor and much more to learn. I am not sure if it is IBS, gall bladder or something else but it has really settled down as the stress level has too. I have found that my anxiety issues do cause even more gut issues so I am trying to not get to worked up anymore because when I do it throws my gut for a loop. I have a major hip issue that needs attention soon so that gets anxiety up and we start all over again. I am learning what triggers my gut issues and am able to stop some triggers.

Overall my health is good but frustrates me because I also was thinking by 481 days in I would be feeling really good. But it goes to show ya how much damage we have done.

We are addicts and that is something that we need to profess.
Yes, I still have the desire to chew. Yes, I miss the taste and texture. Yes, I miss the comfort feeling it gave me for 30 plus years. Yes, I say all the time that my health was better when I chewed.
Now, I said that because I am being honest. I am an addict and always will be. My brain still has that desire and at the same time has the strength to say no. I still use fake because of that comfort feeling when my lip is packed. I still get the jitters when I don’t have my fake. I still feel like I had lost an old friend and I am in mourning. When something has been with you that long it is part of you so yes it feels like I am in mourning. I pray everyday that I will stay quit and that all addicts will find their freedom from their addiction. I have tasted freedom but my addict brain still won’t let go. I envy and am jealous of those that can just walk away and thats it. No craves, no jitters, no mourning and no major health issues. But we are all different and the Good Lord made us that way for a reason. Without him I would never have made it this far. Without him I never would have found the strength to fight and keep fighting. Without him I never would have found a wife who loves me and supported my quit while having absolutely no clue what I was going thru. I am an addict who will be a tobacco quitter until the day the Lord calls me home. I am far from being out of the woods and everyday it gets better. Stay the course and stay quit my friend. Reach out to the Lord for help and all the great supporters here at KTC. I need all of you in my life to keep me clean and I am proud and honored to be in yours helping you stay clean.  When you help others you actually are helping yourself. I have strengthened my quit by reaching out to others and helping them. My digits are yours fellas just ask in a pm and I will promise you everyday that I will stay tobacco free. Sorry it might be hard to read but yes I ramble and lose track of where I am going when typing but I am quit and blessed by the Lord for it. Stay safe, stay quit and God Bless.

Doug

Oh yeah if you decide to cave always smash your jewels in a drawer first. I would rather have my jewels swell up then put a dead plant in my lip that could kill me. Rip Ken. Tobacco killed you but your legacy will carry on.
↑↑↑↑That↑↑↑↑

I'm at day 2,127 today.  When I arrived here, on day 6, another quitter who was just about at 1,000 days told me how much better it would get as the days stacked up.  That turned out to be true - the longer you quit the better you feel.  @Addictx3 100+ days is just the beginning.  As our quits grow we still need to take this one day at a time.   8)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2021, 08:42:59 PM »
Just poked through most of this thread... I really appreciate you venting and documenting your quit here.

I'm at day 105, and I'm blown away that I'm not pretty much back to 100%. But I guess it makes me feel better (and worse) that many people struggle with mental and physical symptoms for a LONG time. But we used nic for a long time,  so we cant expect things to be back to normal after a few months.

I haven't had any major symptoms, but just general junkiness. It comes and goes in intensity. Mostly just low, tired depressed with odd mouth/jaw feelings and minor headaches. It just wears on you.

@Thefranks5 can attest to his own experience, but I still have those days and I'm in the 180s. They're fewer and farther between but I still have "bad days". I have learned just to take the days as they come.
Thank you for digging up my thread and glad I could be of help @Addictx3 Well my journey is good but just like @macattack said there are good days and bad days. My reflux I can keep under control but do get stupid and over do it at times. My gut issues started in April when I changed jobs so I took on more responsibility, more physical labor and much more to learn. I am not sure if it is IBS, gall bladder or something else but it has really settled down as the stress level has too. I have found that my anxiety issues do cause even more gut issues so I am trying to not get to worked up anymore because when I do it throws my gut for a loop. I have a major hip issue that needs attention soon so that gets anxiety up and we start all over again. I am learning what triggers my gut issues and am able to stop some triggers.

Overall my health is good but frustrates me because I also was thinking by 481 days in I would be feeling really good. But it goes to show ya how much damage we have done.

Yes, I still have the desire to chew. Yes, I miss the taste and texture. Yes, I miss the comfort feeling it gave me for 30 plus years. Yes, I say all the time that my health was better when I chewed.
Now, I said that because I am being honest. I am an addict and always will be. My brain still has that desire and at the same time has the strength to say no. I still use fake because of that comfort feeling when my lip is packed. I still get the jitters when I don’t have my fake. I still feel like I had lost an old friend and I am in mourning. When something has been with you that long it is part of you so yes it feels like I am in mourning. I pray everyday that I will stay quit and that all addicts will find their freedom from their addiction. I have tasted freedom but my addict brain still won’t let go. I envy and am jealous of those that can just walk away and thats it. No craves, no jitters, no mourning and no major health issues. But we are all different and the Good Lord made us that way for a reason. Without him I would never have made it this far. Without him I never would have found the strength to fight and keep fighting. Without him I never would have found a wife who loves me and supported my quit while having absolutely no clue what I was going thru. I am an addict who will be a tobacco quitter until the day the Lord calls me home. I am far from being out of the woods and everyday it gets better. Stay the course and stay quit my friend. Reach out to the Lord for help and all the great supporters here at KTC. I need all of you in my life to keep me clean and I am proud and honored to be in yours helping you stay clean.  When you help others you actually are helping yourself. I have strengthened my quit by reaching out to others and helping them. My digits are yours fellas just ask in a pm and I will promise you everyday that I will stay tobacco free. Sorry it might be hard to read but yes I ramble and lose track of where I am going when typing but I am quit and blessed by the Lord for it. Stay safe, stay quit and God Bless.

Doug

Oh yeah if you decide to cave always smash your jewels in a drawer first. I would rather have my jewels swell up then put a dead plant in my lip that could kill me. Rip Ken. Tobacco killed you but your legacy will carry on.
↑↑↑↑That↑↑↑↑
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2021, 06:30:18 PM »

Doug

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2021, 04:54:52 PM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3-15-21
  • Interests: Interests: Rock Climbing, Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Running, Woodworking, Gardening
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2021, 04:34:01 PM »

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2021, 07:58:18 PM »
427 today. Funeral today for my wives coworker who had mouth cancer and was 2 months younger then me. I did not quit until 4 years into his fight with cancer. Having his battle in the front of my mind has really kept my doom and gloom thoughts strong with every new pain or issue. I told a friend that we were invincible when we chewed and now we are just a bunch of pussies. Tired of fighting and feeling like crap daily but that demon WILL NOT WIN. Docs appt this morning to figure out my gut issues and pray it is something that can be fixed. I quit with you all and thank you for supporting me on this ride. Those are just some of my thoughts that I needed to get out there and off my chest.

I sent this message to all my text buddies and thought it might help somebody here. Stay involved, stay connected and stay quit. Anxiety and depression sucks big time but you can get help for that. Yes I have been inflicted with issues from day 1 of my quit and many I have fought thru. Don’t despair and run back to that can just because it makes you feel like a million bucks. I am a
30 plus year addict and I except the damage I did to myself. I pray everyday that the Lord will allow me to carry on to spread his message and tell about my quit. Those are my thoughts and I pray for all quitters daily that their quit stays strong. Thanks again and have a blessed day.

Doug
you are a inspiration around here Doug! you deffenitly impacted my quit and damn glad your keeping this thing down, but also front and center. Praying for you friend and i know you got this!
~nick~
It was good but small service and family was very grateful for who did show. I did not know him but he was a fellow addict like me. RIP Ken and may the people you touched make that decision to quit tobacco.

Doc appt went well and on meds for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Starting there with all the symptoms and will check gall bladder later. Thanks for all the prayers and they were greatly appreciated. I am a firm believer that prayer works and will always pray for my addict brothers/sisters. God bless all of you.

Doug

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2021, 08:32:02 AM »
427 today. Funeral today for my wives coworker who had mouth cancer and was 2 months younger then me. I did not quit until 4 years into his fight with cancer. Having his battle in the front of my mind has really kept my doom and gloom thoughts strong with every new pain or issue. I told a friend that we were invincible when we chewed and now we are just a bunch of pussies. Tired of fighting and feeling like crap daily but that demon WILL NOT WIN. Docs appt this morning to figure out my gut issues and pray it is something that can be fixed. I quit with you all and thank you for supporting me on this ride. Those are just some of my thoughts that I needed to get out there and off my chest.

I sent this message to all my text buddies and thought it might help somebody here. Stay involved, stay connected and stay quit. Anxiety and depression sucks big time but you can get help for that. Yes I have been inflicted with issues from day 1 of my quit and many I have fought thru. Don’t despair and run back to that can just because it makes you feel like a million bucks. I am a
30 plus year addict and I except the damage I did to myself. I pray everyday that the Lord will allow me to carry on to spread his message and tell about my quit. Those are my thoughts and I pray for all quitters daily that their quit stays strong. Thanks again and have a blessed day.

Doug
you are a inspiration around here Doug! you deffenitly impacted my quit and damn glad your keeping this thing down, but also front and center. Praying for you friend and i know you got this!
~nick~
Daily Devotional