Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2686 times)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: Hello
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
Hello to all,
   I hope This is the right place to start.  My name is Jim and I’m tired of being a smoker. I am ready to be a quitter

To @JimSere72  and other new members and interested guests:

You don't officially start at KTC until you post your promise for today in your respective Quit Group. We want you to make your promise and commit to being nicotine-free for the next 24 hours. We want you to be 'on the hook.' That's how KTC works. There is no magic snake oil. We have a fool-proof system of quitting if you can commit and keep your word at all costs. It's a small price to pay compared to the other fates that await you if you keep using that poison.

This is a nicotine-free site and we don't want you posting here if you're dipping, smoking, vaping, wearing a nic patch, chewing nic gum, etc. If you're using nicotine, you can read about others' stories, and read about how KTC works, but nothing begins until you post your promise to quit for the remainder of today. Feel free to read about what we expect from you. KTC is a two way street. We are serious about every day accountability. If that isn't your thing, then go exhaust other quitting methods until you're ready to equate accountability with saving your life.

When you're ready, post roll call, then come back to this introduction section and introduce yourself as a Quitter...not a wanna-be. If you're not ready, then make yourself ready. That garbage does absolutely nothing good for you and there is no valid reason for you to continue using henceforth.

For 98% of you, your quit group is the newest quit group. Right now it is April 2021. If you have questions which quit group you should belong to, or how to post roll, contact me, or just about anybody else here, or anybody on the list at this link:

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15817.msg8333038#new
@JimSere72
I hope you didn't give up already.  Get in and post up!  It's time to be done with that shit.  You know it or you wouldn't be here!  Time to QUIT!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »
Hello to all,
   I hope This is the right place to start.  My name is Jim and I’m tired of being a smoker. I am ready to be a quitter

To @JimSere72  and other new members and interested guests:

You don't officially start at KTC until you post your promise for today in your respective Quit Group. We want you to make your promise and commit to being nicotine-free for the next 24 hours. We want you to be 'on the hook.' That's how KTC works. There is no magic snake oil. We have a fool-proof system of quitting if you can commit and keep your word at all costs. It's a small price to pay compared to the other fates that await you if you keep using that poison.

This is a nicotine-free site and we don't want you posting here if you're dipping, smoking, vaping, wearing a nic patch, chewing nic gum, etc. If you're using nicotine, you can read about others' stories, and read about how KTC works, but nothing begins until you post your promise to quit for the remainder of today. Feel free to read about what we expect from you. KTC is a two way street. We are serious about every day accountability. If that isn't your thing, then go exhaust other quitting methods until you're ready to equate accountability with saving your life.

When you're ready, post roll call, then come back to this introduction section and introduce yourself as a Quitter...not a wanna-be. If you're not ready, then make yourself ready. That garbage does absolutely nothing good for you and there is no valid reason for you to continue using henceforth.

For 98% of you, your quit group is the newest quit group. Right now it is April 2021. If you have questions which quit group you should belong to, or how to post roll, contact me, or just about anybody else here, or anybody on the list at this link:

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15817.msg8333038#new
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »
Hello to all,
Welcome to KTC, Jim. This introductions page is a great place to start today. Now go if you haven't already and post your promise on the April 2021 quitters' roll. That's a great place to start every day.
That's how it's done here - ODAAT - One Day At A Time. You make your promise to not use nicotine in any form, and then you keep your promise to your fellow quitters and to yourself.
Get involved. Make connections with people on the site. Trade digits and reach out if you feel yourself struggling. Read everything you can here. There's lots of knowledge and guidance from veteran quitters.
You can do this.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »
Hello to all,
        Ditto to that Jim ! Welcome to the quit! I’m on day 3 myself tough but embrace the suck!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline JimSere72

• Interests: Camping, fishing, snowmobiling
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:00:09 PM »
Hello to all,