Author Topic: Day 1… with a story, questions.  (Read 4102 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Day 1… with a story, questions.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 12:52:27 PM »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 12:05:02 PM »
Are you going to post up today @Notsure ?
dont think he is sure

And don’t call him sure

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:47:13 AM »
dont think he is sure
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:45:11 AM by Palpatine »
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Notsure

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »
Hi Notsure,

First off, if you are going 13-15 hours between dips, then yes, you could be experiencing some withdrawals during that time.  One thing I will tell you is if you are not quitting for yourself because you are ready to quit, it will be very hard for you to succeed.  Statistics show that people who try to quit for someone else (spouse, child, etc) or because the doctor told them to do not usually stay quit, unfortunately.  So I will say, you need to get your mind right if you want this quit to stick.  Secondly, you need to realize that you are an addict, your drug of choice is nicotine.  I am also an addict with the same drug of choice as is every other person posting on this forum.
If you stick with this quit, the nicotine will be out of your system in 72-84 hours, that will be the end of the physical withdrawals.  Then comes the mind games.  Nicotine is a very nasty drug, it is actually harder to quit than heroine.  We often refer to nicotine as a person in the sense that she is a conniving bitch that will do whatever it takes to keep you a slave to her.  You need to do whatever it takes to break free from her clutches.

You should join the November 2021 and post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours.

That is how we quit here, one day at a time.  It is a simple process:

Wake Up
Piss
Post your promise
Keep your word
Repeat daily

It will suck for the first few weeks, but it get better and better as each day passes.  Your sleep will improve until you're sleeping like a baby.

Congrats on making the decision to quit.  I hope the little bit of info I gave you helps and I hope to see you on roll.

Chris
[/quote]

Chris,

I understand that I probably am experiencing withdrawals when not dipping for 13-14 hours but why has this just started? My habits haven’t changed in 6 years. When it’s stupid hot, this absolute aggravation starts when I get really hot, usually while doing manual labor. It could be just an hour after making it to work, which would be about 2 hours after dipping. Just doesn’t seem like I should be experiencing withdrawals.

I’m definitely quitting for myself. I’m tired of the raw jaw, sore throats, etc etc, as well as preventing any future health complications. I have decided to go with an Invisalign type teeth straightening. I figure this will increase my probability of success in quitting as well. I’ve quit in the past. I was nicotine free for about a year before picking it back up. I started back up after my divorce, about 7 years ago.

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
@Notsure

It sounds like you got rid of your cans? No reason to wait to post roll, your group is here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0

Scroll down and find the most recent roll post, hit quote and put your name under the bus.

Think of it as practice for tomorrow morning when you post day 2.

You probably have some phone numbers from strangers in your PM. My advice is to reply with yours and shoot them a text, add them to your phone so if you need help during the day you can text or call and get someone who has been where you are.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »

I hope you’re right!

I bet you, on night 4 you are going to get the best sleep. And then it will get better each night after that and you'll start having nights where you blink and you wake up and it's morning feeling so well rested.

emoney

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »
I'm on day 2, I'm proud to quit with you today, and every day here on out.  My withdrawals are crippling, 20 years of chewing 18 hours a day, but I refuse to cave this time.  I'm here brother.

Offline Notsure

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »
Hello @Notsure, I hope to see you on our roll tomorrow morning! Congrats on your decision. Nicotine causes sleep problems. Once you first quit, you'll probably still have trouble sleeping but over time, you'll start getting the best sleep you've ever had.

emoney
[/quote]

I hope you’re right!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 07:05:12 PM »
Hi guys. Tomorrow will be my first day without dipping in I don’t know how long but I have a question for you guys. This isn’t my first time quitting and I’ve never really experienced any withdrawal symptoms but let me tell you what I’ve been going through. This may be a bit long winded.

Recent dipping history…
6 years ago, I started a job and decided not to dip while there. It was indoors (dirty factory), I’m an electrician, I didn’t want to be in the floor inside a cabinet, spitting right next to me, getting in it, etc. Didn’t wanna carry a bottle. I just decided I wouldn’t dip there.  I work 3 days one week, 4 the next. 12 hour shifts. For the past 6 years, I only dipped when not at work. - couple hours on my work days, any time on my days off. Doing this never made me have any withdrawals, but I have quit in the past and never experienced withdrawal symptoms either.

I’m getting to the point very soon!

Sickness…
First week of January 2020, I was sick with covid. It’s never been “proven” but the symptoms matched and the doctor said she go to Vegas and put her house deed on it. I was faced with breathing issues for about 3/4s of 2020. April 2020, I began itching, and welting easily. This was diagnosed as Dermatographia, look it up, kinda neat unless you have it. Lol. Started taking Zyrtec daily for it. May 2020, had a really high white blood cell count, an infection is common with the beginning of dermatographia. It was about this time, or shortly after, I began having sleeping issues. Trouble falling asleep and trouble waking up. Overall muscle weakness, easy to fatigue… a lot of things. I’ve never had problems staying asleep. This problem is still undiagnosed.

The question for you guys…
Taking all of this information into account, this is what has been happening. It has been HOT and humid summer here. My workplace is always much hotter inside than outside, we have several driers and kilns. Ever since this heat, I have had days where I am EXTREMELY irritable to the point of just the loud noises of work will piss me off. Is this what you guys experience for withdrawals? Is that what I am going through? I have still been dipping anytime I am not at work. I’m only feeling this way on super hot days, and not all of them. There’s no way to know if it’s gonna be one of those days until I’m just in a bad mood. 

I usually wake up and put in a dip before and while getting ready for work. Brush my teeth and head to work, come home 13-14 hours later and never think “God, I need a dip.” I just put one in our habit, and because I like the taste. On my days off, I keep a dip in for most of the day if I’m hangout out around the house.

Main reason I am quitting now is one of the medications I have been put on, trying to figure out what’s wrong with me, is causing dry mouth and what seems like tonsillitis coming and going frequently. And of course, I do realize it is unhealthy, I’m 30 years old, been doing it for about half my life now and know I need to stop before it causes something worse.

If this is withdrawals I am experiencing, could they be causing my sleep issues? Even if I am getting nicotine after work/before bed?

Regardless, I dipped this morning but I have quit. I don’t have more and don’t plan to buy more. If the nicotine is causing issues, I won’t have to worry for much longer. I am just curious.

TIA. Just a frustrating time in my life. Doctors can’t find anything wrong, other than the dermatographia. Attendance is poor at work because of sleep. About to lose my job.

Hi Notsure,

First off, if you are going 13-15 hours between dips, then yes, you could be experiencing some withdrawals during that time.  One thing I will tell you is if you are not quitting for yourself because you are ready to quit, it will be very hard for you to succeed.  Statistics show that people who try to quit for someone else (spouse, child, etc) or because the doctor told them to do not usually stay quit, unfortunately.  So I will say, you need to get your mind right if you want this quit to stick.  Secondly, you need to realize that you are an addict, your drug of choice is nicotine.  I am also an addict with the same drug of choice as is every other person posting on this forum.
If you stick with this quit, the nicotine will be out of your system in 72-84 hours, that will be the end of the physical withdrawals.  Then comes the mind games.  Nicotine is a very nasty drug, it is actually harder to quit than heroine.  We often refer to nicotine as a person in the sense that she is a conniving bitch that will do whatever it takes to keep you a slave to her.  You need to do whatever it takes to break free from her clutches.

You should join the November 2021 and post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours.

That is how we quit here, one day at a time.  It is a simple process:

Wake Up
Piss
Post your promise
Keep your word
Repeat daily

It will suck for the first few weeks, but it get better and better as each day passes.  Your sleep will improve until you're sleeping like a baby.

Congrats on making the decision to quit.  I hope the little bit of info I gave you helps and I hope to see you on roll.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:25:09 PM »
Hi guys. Tomorrow will be my first day without dipping in I don’t know how long but I have a question for you guys. This isn’t my first time quitting and I’ve never really experienced any withdrawal symptoms but let me tell you what I’ve been going through. This may be a bit long winded.

Recent dipping history…
6 years ago, I started a job and decided not to dip while there. It was indoors (dirty factory), I’m an electrician, I didn’t want to be in the floor inside a cabinet, spitting right next to me, getting in it, etc. Didn’t wanna carry a bottle. I just decided I wouldn’t dip there.  I work 3 days one week, 4 the next. 12 hour shifts. For the past 6 years, I only dipped when not at work. - couple hours on my work days, any time on my days off. Doing this never made me have any withdrawals, but I have quit in the past and never experienced withdrawal symptoms either.

Sickness…
First week of January 2020, I was sick with covid. It’s never been “proven” but the symptoms matched and the doctor said she go to Vegas and put her house deed on it. I was faced with breathing issues for about 3/4s of 2020. April 2020, I began itching, and welting easily. This was diagnosed as Dermatographia, look it up, kinda neat unless you have it. Lol. Started taking Zyrtec daily for it. May 2020, had a really high white blood cell count, an infection is common with the beginning of dermatographia. It was about this time, or shortly after, I began having sleeping issues. Trouble falling asleep and trouble waking up. Overall muscle weakness, easy to fatigue… a lot of things. I’ve never had problems staying asleep. This problem is still undiagnosed.

Taking all of this information into account, this is what has been happening. It has been HOT and humid summer here. My workplace is always much hotter inside than outside, we have several driers and kilns. Ever since this heat, I have had days where I am EXTREMELY irritable to the point of just the loud noises of work will piss me off. Is this what you guys experience for withdrawals? Is that what I am going through? I have still been dipping anytime I am not at work. I’m only feeling this way on super hot days, and not all of them. There’s no way to know if it’s gonna be one of those days until I’m just in a bad mood. 

I usually wake up and put in a dip before and while getting ready for work. Brush my teeth and head to work, come home 13-14 hours later and never think “God, I need a dip.” I just put one in our habit, and because I like the taste. On my days off, I keep a dip in for most of the day if I’m hangout out around the house.

Main reason I am quitting now is one of the medications I have been put on, trying to figure out what’s wrong with me, is causing dry mouth and what seems like tonsillitis coming and going frequently. And of course, I do realize it is unhealthy, I’m 30 years old, been doing it for about half my life now and know I need to stop before it causes something worse.

If this is withdrawals I am experiencing, could they be causing my sleep issues? Even if I am getting nicotine after work/before bed?

Regardless, I dipped this morning but I have quit. I don’t have more and don’t plan to buy more. If the nicotine is causing issues, I won’t have to worry for much longer. I am just curious.

TIA. Just a frustrating time in my life. Doctors can’t find anything wrong, other than the dermatographia. Attendance is poor at work because of sleep. About to lose my job.

Hello @Notsure, I hope to see you on our roll tomorrow morning! Congrats on your decision. Nicotine causes sleep problems. Once you first quit, you'll probably still have trouble sleeping but over time, you'll start getting the best sleep you've ever had.

emoney

Offline Notsure

Day 1… with a story, questions.
« on: August 09, 2021, 05:39:01 PM »

Recent dipping history…

Sickness…