Author Topic: New here  (Read 3865 times)

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: New here
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
"Is it possible to quit when you still have a chewer living in your house and leaving his cans all over the place?" I remained quit through my divorce and during that time a good buddy of mine moved in with me to help pay bills. My roommate chews the same Grizzly green i use to and he leaves his cans and spitters lay out all over the place. For me there came a point that it became motivation. like damn im glad i dont gotta worry about that fucker anymore. there are times where he will leave at 5am in the morn or 10pm at night to run to the gas station for more. It motivates me to stay quit because when your not dipping it seems so stupid to be chasing after something that does nothing but control your life. It made me realize how lucky i am and seeing the cans and spitters almost disgust me more than it triggers now and i actually feel sorry for him to be honest, made me think how many people must of felt sorry for me-how pride draining- But NOT Again For Any Reason Will They Feel Sorry For Me. I quit with you

Nick-226 days- LTBE

Just the smell of it repulses me.

I think the answer to the question is just how strongly do you want to quit? Temptation really sucks early in but eventually you will realize just how stupid you were chewing and how much better you feel coming out on the other side of addiction.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 02:05:38 PM by CTF »

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 07:09:17 AM »
"Is it possible to quit when you still have a chewer living in your house and leaving his cans all over the place?" I remained quit through my divorce and during that time a good buddy of mine moved in with me to help pay bills. My roommate chews the same Grizzly green i use to and he leaves his cans and spitters lay out all over the place. For me there came a point that it became motivation. like damn im glad i dont gotta worry about that fucker anymore. there are times where he will leave at 5am in the morn or 10pm at night to run to the gas station for more. It motivates me to stay quit because when your not dipping it seems so stupid to be chasing after something that does nothing but control your life. It made me realize how lucky i am and seeing the cans and spitters almost disgust me more than it triggers now and i actually feel sorry for him to be honest, made me think how many people must of felt sorry for me-how pride draining- But NOT Again For Any Reason Will They Feel Sorry For Me. I quit with you

Nick-226 days- LTBE
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:12:26 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »
Every time I tried patches (multiple times) I just ended up dipping while wearing patches. It doesn't do anything for the oral fixation and the nicotine drip is too slow.

Patches are old. If they worked, you'd know a whole lot of people who quit successfully. I sure don't know a single person.

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 09:35:52 PM »
@wondrl

Yes cold turkey sucks, but weaning down sucks more. I've tried that a few times, never with patches but on my own: "ok this can has to last me 2 full days instead of 1" etc. it never worked if anything I probably used extra on those days.

Anything is possible if you're committed to quitting. Early on it sucks to be around someone opening a can, it gets a little easier (~40 days in) hell after the first few days I thought an open can smelled like shit and couldn't imagine putting it in my lip again. But I've also had cravings where I think the next one would be the "perfect" dip that I've always been after (that shit doesn't exist). Its in willpower being around it constantly I think, I've had friends quit smoking while their SO continues.

I couldn't see 14 patches lasting me a week, but again never tried them. Its just changing out the method of delivery, not really quitting the drug. I'm sure in quitting alcohol there wasn't any replacement with smaller doses of alcohol? Nicotine is the same.

@emoney (E$) and @Haas22 (H22) would both be in your quit group if you're ready to throw the shit out. I'm sure both have or will give you digits if you need bitch, need help, or get stuck. Mine are in your PM if you need them. Everyone here wants to see you free of nicotine. Get involved like H22 and E$ its still hard but its easier the more you commit.

November quit group is here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0 you have until 8/23 to get in there, but I hope to see you there tonight.

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
Im on Day 4 cold turkey, and let me tell you the support here is real.   We take it one day at a time, and we get through and then we think about the new day.  I would suggest reading the posts all over this site and sharing them with your Husband.  Quitting together could be amazing for you both.  Im here for you when your ready to quit, im in the Nov quit group also.  Stay strong, you got this.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 04:52:56 PM »
Thanks guys for the support. I’ve been chewing for almost 30 years - I have tried to quit 1 million times. I was actually on the site about 15 years ago.  Things have changed a lot since then.  Cold turkey sucks - but spending 50 bucks for 14 patches every week maybe sucks more.  Started at age 13.  I was an athlete most of my life and cigarettes wrecked my athletic abilities so smokeless tobacco is the way to go. I think I could have  quit a long time ago but my husband also is addicted to Copenhagen and doesn’t want to quit.  Is it possible to quit when you still have a chewer living in your house and leaving his cans all over the place?  I quit drinking 3 years ago and am really scared to unload my last vice

Possible yes. Probably will be harder but you can still do it. Thankfully he’s not smoking in the house. You definitely should quit and pick up your athletics more. He may decide to join you down the road.

Offline wondrl

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 04:45:16 PM »
Thanks guys for the support. I’ve been chewing for almost 30 years - I have tried to quit 1 million times. I was actually on the site about 15 years ago.  Things have changed a lot since then.  Cold turkey sucks - but spending 50 bucks for 14 patches every week maybe sucks more.  Started at age 13.  I was an athlete most of my life and cigarettes wrecked my athletic abilities so smokeless tobacco is the way to go. I think I could have  quit a long time ago but my husband also is addicted to Copenhagen and doesn’t want to quit.  Is it possible to quit when you still have a chewer living in your house and leaving his cans all over the place?  I quit drinking 3 years ago and am really scared to unload my last vice

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 04:16:50 PM »
Hey all. I quit using Copenhagen last Friday.  Still using patches and I’m hearing that’s taboo.  I have also heard there is a female group.  Does that still exist and how do I find it

Come join us! We need more badass quitters in our group and there are a bunch of us going through the suck together. The more of us there are the better. You got this

emoney

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2230
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
Hey all. I quit using Copenhagen last Friday.  Still using patches and I’m hearing that’s taboo.  I have also heard there is a female group.  Does that still exist and how do I find it
@wondrl welcome to KTC. KTC is a nicotine free site. That means all forms of nicotine are forbidden. Cold turkey is the way to go. When you choose to go nicotine free, here is the link to your group, Nov2021 https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0.  There isn’t a female group but there are a number of badass female quitters on the site. We wake up and post our promise first thing in the morning to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our promise. Repeat the process the following day. If you are ready to take your life back you can do this and we are ready to help.
Jan19

Offline wondrl

• Likes Given: 0
New here
« on: August 11, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »