Author Topic: syndrome  (Read 78463 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Syndrome
« Reply #653 on: January 21, 2017, 08:38:00 AM »
Deer Drome,

Thank you for being a badass mother fucker.

Signed,
Souli

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #652 on: January 19, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »
one a these days im gonna figger a good way to catalog some a this stuff.
this site aint bout me. it aint bout you. its a community of quiterers. we work together. the peepel above the line and below the line. in feb 16 or march 13 or augist 11 or april 06. think bout how long you mite a been quit if all what posted here was the guys in this groop. man what if it was just remi and that hiway guy postin the first few days. wood remi still be here? wood he be quit? but man in those erly days there was tons a vet suport. vets with 1000 days. vets with 100 days hell some with just 10 days. but they were here. you dont think may be marine or nate or avian dont need to see your name there but there mite be days ware it is the diffrinse. i prolly dont need to be here. but im here. in a lot a groops. cuz may be some day some buddy sees my name and says 'if that moran can be quit then so can i.' and they make it one more day. and i may never no it. but if just by our bein here 1 person doesnt cave then ktc won.

so yah. may be it takes some time to log on and actshully read what your bruther posted. but aint that what bruther hood is all bout?

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #651 on: December 15, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: Syndrome
hay man you guys i will have a story at some point. only cuz my loyers are tellin me to not talk bout it now it will have to wait a bit.
'Popcorn'
I can't wait for this. Do we have an estimate on when the loyers might allow you to tell?
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #650 on: December 15, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
hay man you guys i will have a story at some point. only cuz my loyers are tellin me to not talk bout it now it will have to wait a bit.
'Popcorn'

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #649 on: December 15, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #648 on: November 14, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: JGlav
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: backwoods901
Quote from: Viking
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: ChickDip
Congrats on your 8 years quit Ironman!!
Quite impressive.
Party On!
Congrats on 8 trips around the sun nicotine free!!! You are truly an inspiration here. Thanks for sticking around and leading the way!
Drome you are a dude. Thanks for staying active on the site and inspiring. It's saving my life.

Congrats
congrats on 8 years!
Wow I'm speechless! Thanks brother!
I just wonder if it would be any different, 'Drome, if you were a dudette??!!!! No offense, Viking!

'winker'

Seriously, eight years ain't nothin to sneeze at!!
Thanks for the support and paying it forward 'Drome. Congratulations on 8yrs
thanks man you guys. speshul thanks to the bus riders. and if you aint on the bus come on over and join us.

man if your lookin for some kind a words a wisdom after 8 years i got nuthin new. just read back thru the thred and you will find some nuggits. i just keep comin here day after day and i just keep quit that way. it works for me.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #647 on: November 14, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quite impressive.
Party On!
Congrats on 8 trips around the sun nicotine free!!! You are truly an inspiration here. Thanks for sticking around and leading the way!
Drome you are a dude. Thanks for staying active on the site and inspiring. It's saving my life.

Congrats
congrats on 8 years!
I just wonder if it would be any different, 'Drome, if you were a dudette??!!!! No offense, Viking!

'winker'

Thanks for the support and paying it forward 'Drome. Congratulations on 8yrs

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!

Congrats
congrats on 8 years!

'winker'

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!

Congrats
congrats on 8 years!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #644 on: November 13, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!

Congrats
congrats on 8 years!
9/6/2016

Offline Viking

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Baseball, football, all sports, raising kids, 80s music (Iron Maiden is my fave)
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #643 on: November 13, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!

Congrats

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #642 on: November 13, 2016, 05:23:00 AM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #641 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:00 AM »
Quite impressive.
Party On!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #640 on: October 25, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Quote from: JGlav
ok so i'm gonna copy this post over to the eec seckshun to...

on octoberer 22 i did the iren man race in willmington north caralina. that was a saterday by the way. i left home in mishigin on tuesday afore the race. i got bout 6 hours in to my drive when i got a text from dr. hydro phd from over to march 09 (he was doin the haff iren man race the same day and he set us up with a place to stay.) well sinse i was drivin i cood not reed it at the time so i got my car to reed it to me. it went some thing like 'holey shit! did you just see the email from iren man?' course i dint cuz i was drivin so i pulled off a the hiway to reed the email. well man they were cuttin the bike corse down from 112 to 50 miles on a count of the herracane mathew what went thru. well shit. i did all that trainin and now i wood not be able to do the full race. at first i was pist. then i thot bout the peepel what lost houses and cars and roads and dissided they reely dint need to worry bout my racin. so i called up my coach to see how i shood change my game plan. only i got her voise mail. then i called dr hydro phd and we talked a bit bout it and then my coach called me back so i took that call and wood talk to dr hydro later. so any way i was talkin stratagys with coach and she said that she was in calafornya gettin marryed. on a tuesday. how crazy is that. any ways we came up with the stratagys that i used to race. mostly. any ways i cood go on bout the pre race stuff but i will skip rite to the race. but one importint thing happined. they found 6 extra miles for the bike to get us to 56. that was a big deal for the haff iren man fokes on a count of there race wood be the full 70.3.

it was bout 46 degrees at 5 am in the mornin when i got up for the last time. see i got up at 2 am in the mornin for my brekfest what was only a cuppel a them ensure drinks. any ways we were only bout a 1/4 mile from the first transishun area ware the bikes were racked. it rained the nite afore cuz i wanted to go over and take a pickshure of the bikes. prolly 3000 of um. we figgerd there was prolly $10 million dollers a bikes out there. any ways it was 46 degrees when i went to get stuff set up. i was only warin a tshirt and shorts but soon i wood be putin on the wet suit so no biggy. the other thing bout the wether was the wind she was a blowin. 20-25 mph. that is importint later. well i set up my bike stuff. mixed my nutrishun up and got it on the bike then got on the bus to the swim start.

the swim is point to point in a channel what has salt water and they say the tide will push you. now normely i figger a hour and 15 or 20 minits to swim 2.4 miles. well at the start area i jump in the water on a count of it bein 75 degrees and warmer then the air. i saw brother mike land there in the water and we did some warm up swimmin but mike says he was gonna wait til near the end to get in at the start. well man the cannin goes off and peepel start goin thru the start arch and in to the water. i got in pritty erly. well man i cant swim a strait line to save my life but i was doin pritty good this year. evin tho i forgot to un fog my goggels. any ways it must be true that it pushes you cuz i finished in a hour and 2 minits! now i dont no the total numbers but there was sposed to be round 1600 racers there. i was #36 in my groop, #311 for men and #390 total to come out a the water. and i had a good first t1 time a just 10 minits.

out to the bike. rememember that wether report bout the wind. all most strait in to it rite a way for a few miles. then a cross wind for prolly the next 15 or 20 miles what set us up for a nuther 15+ miles dead nuts in to the wind. this is ware stratagys pay off. im workin on heart rate and power both and man theres a lot a peeple passin me up. evin tho im goin harder then i shood. finely some wares round mile 41 we turned back to town and got the tail wind. agin i did the stratagy and dint fall in to temptashun and go 40 mph balls out. i stayed eezy and let some more pass me. not to many tho. and man we cood look cross the road and see the peepel fitin the wind. it ackshully looked worse then it felt. any ways bout a mile out we hit a brige with a pritty nasty hill. bout 200 yards up the hill i shifted and dropped my chain. so i had to get off a my bike. fix the chain. then start up agin goin up hill. that sucked. they say i did the bike in 3 hours and 13 minits for 17.37 mph average what was may be only a haff mph off a what i hoped for. at this point my ranks are 65 in the groop 441 for men and 541 over alls. so you can do the maths to figger out how many peepel past me up. mostly. cuz i did pass a few to. speshully late on the bike. i did kind of a slow t2 in 8 minits on a count of i was mixin my nutrishun for the run in t2. if i dint do that it wood a been like 3 or 4 minits tops.

then out to the run. it was still pritty cool which was good. but man a mile in there was a nasty hill comin of the river what shood a just had steps on in cuz it was like findin your seat in a stadeum. well this is ware stratagys reely pay off. coach says save it for the run. she wants me to have a goal for the run and go for it. my goal is 10 minit miles on avrige. that will include walkin in all the aid stashuns. it will get me done in 4 hours and 20 minits. she also wants negative splits. well man i get goin and i can not make my self run slow. i was doin 8 minits or 8:15 miles and i keep tryin to go slower. only the aid stashuns helped slow me down. well the first loop turn round was at bout 7 miles and i hit it at darn near 1 hour on the nose... still to fast. i got to the haff way mark and out for loop 2 at under 2 hours. but man i no i cant keep that pace up for 13 more miles and negative split. i take longer walks thru the first cuppel a aid stashuns and up that big hill from the first mile. but man im not givin up and walkin miles this time. i get to the 3/4 turn round just over 3 hours in. then i started gettin the chafeing on my legs ware they got wet from stickin spunges in my racin kit. and things started to slow down. then some thing happined. as i was walkin thru a aid stashun a guy past me. he had 54 on his caff. thats his age. thats my age groop. 50-54. no. feckin. way. this dude was not gonna finish afore me! and i past his ass. and for the last 3 and a haff miles evry buddy what past me at a aid stashun i past rite back. i dint evin stop at the final aid stashun. no sir. i hammerd home. i finished in 4:07. thats less then 9:30 a mile. my final ranks 29 in groop. 248 in men. 308 in total. you do the maths.

stratagys a save it for the run. it worked.

finely tho i talked with some other racers after and we all agreed that if we had to do the full 112 miles we wood a been cooked. we wood have had to go 25 more miles in to that dead nuts wind and only got cross winds and a wee tail wind for the rest.
Damn 'drome I got tired just reading that. Good on you for gettting it in considering the conditions. Congrats on completing an Ironman.
Damn drome you are a stud! Great job my friend, now start training for next year for no less than 27th! Attitudes are huge along with discipline and hard work! You obviously got that. Damn proud of you
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #639 on: October 25, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »
ok so i'm gonna copy this post over to the eec seckshun to...

on octoberer 22 i did the iren man race in willmington north caralina. that was a saterday by the way. i left home in mishigin on tuesday afore the race. i got bout 6 hours in to my drive when i got a text from dr. hydro phd from over to march 09 (he was doin the haff iren man race the same day and he set us up with a place to stay.) well sinse i was drivin i cood not reed it at the time so i got my car to reed it to me. it went some thing like 'holey shit! did you just see the email from iren man?' course i dint cuz i was drivin so i pulled off a the hiway to reed the email. well man they were cuttin the bike corse down from 112 to 50 miles on a count of the herracane mathew what went thru. well shit. i did all that trainin and now i wood not be able to do the full race. at first i was pist. then i thot bout the peepel what lost houses and cars and roads and dissided they reely dint need to worry bout my racin. so i called up my coach to see how i shood change my game plan. only i got her voise mail. then i called dr hydro phd and we talked a bit bout it and then my coach called me back so i took that call and wood talk to dr hydro later. so any way i was talkin stratagys with coach and she said that she was in calafornya gettin marryed. on a tuesday. how crazy is that. any ways we came up with the stratagys that i used to race. mostly. any ways i cood go on bout the pre race stuff but i will skip rite to the race. but one importint thing happined. they found 6 extra miles for the bike to get us to 56. that was a big deal for the haff iren man fokes on a count of there race wood be the full 70.3.

it was bout 46 degrees at 5 am in the mornin when i got up for the last time. see i got up at 2 am in the mornin for my brekfest what was only a cuppel a them ensure drinks. any ways we were only bout a 1/4 mile from the first transishun area ware the bikes were racked. it rained the nite afore cuz i wanted to go over and take a pickshure of the bikes. prolly 3000 of um. we figgerd there was prolly $10 million dollers a bikes out there. any ways it was 46 degrees when i went to get stuff set up. i was only warin a tshirt and shorts but soon i wood be putin on the wet suit so no biggy. the other thing bout the wether was the wind she was a blowin. 20-25 mph. that is importint later. well i set up my bike stuff. mixed my nutrishun up and got it on the bike then got on the bus to the swim start.

the swim is point to point in a channel what has salt water and they say the tide will push you. now normely i figger a hour and 15 or 20 minits to swim 2.4 miles. well at the start area i jump in the water on a count of it bein 75 degrees and warmer then the air. i saw brother mike land there in the water and we did some warm up swimmin but mike says he was gonna wait til near the end to get in at the start. well man the cannin goes off and peepel start goin thru the start arch and in to the water. i got in pritty erly. well man i cant swim a strait line to save my life but i was doin pritty good this year. evin tho i forgot to un fog my goggels. any ways it must be true that it pushes you cuz i finished in a hour and 2 minits! now i dont no the total numbers but there was sposed to be round 1600 racers there. i was #36 in my groop, #311 for men and #390 total to come out a the water. and i had a good first t1 time a just 10 minits.

out to the bike. rememember that wether report bout the wind. all most strait in to it rite a way for a few miles. then a cross wind for prolly the next 15 or 20 miles what set us up for a nuther 15+ miles dead nuts in to the wind. this is ware stratagys pay off. im workin on heart rate and power both and man theres a lot a peeple passin me up. evin tho im goin harder then i shood. finely some wares round mile 41 we turned back to town and got the tail wind. agin i did the stratagy and dint fall in to temptashun and go 40 mph balls out. i stayed eezy and let some more pass me. not to many tho. and man we cood look cross the road and see the peepel fitin the wind. it ackshully looked worse then it felt. any ways bout a mile out we hit a brige with a pritty nasty hill. bout 200 yards up the hill i shifted and dropped my chain. so i had to get off a my bike. fix the chain. then start up agin goin up hill. that sucked. they say i did the bike in 3 hours and 13 minits for 17.37 mph average what was may be only a haff mph off a what i hoped for. at this point my ranks are 65 in the groop 441 for men and 541 over alls. so you can do the maths to figger out how many peepel past me up. mostly. cuz i did pass a few to. speshully late on the bike. i did kind of a slow t2 in 8 minits on a count of i was mixin my nutrishun for the run in t2. if i dint do that it wood a been like 3 or 4 minits tops.

then out to the run. it was still pritty cool which was good. but man a mile in there was a nasty hill comin of the river what shood a just had steps on in cuz it was like findin your seat in a stadeum. well this is ware stratagys reely pay off. coach says save it for the run. she wants me to have a goal for the run and go for it. my goal is 10 minit miles on avrige. that will include walkin in all the aid stashuns. it will get me done in 4 hours and 20 minits. she also wants negative splits. well man i get goin and i can not make my self run slow. i was doin 8 minits or 8:15 miles and i keep tryin to go slower. only the aid stashuns helped slow me down. well the first loop turn round was at bout 7 miles and i hit it at darn near 1 hour on the nose... still to fast. i got to the haff way mark and out for loop 2 at under 2 hours. but man i no i cant keep that pace up for 13 more miles and negative split. i take longer walks thru the first cuppel a aid stashuns and up that big hill from the first mile. but man im not givin up and walkin miles this time. i get to the 3/4 turn round just over 3 hours in. then i started gettin the chafeing on my legs ware they got wet from stickin spunges in my racin kit. and things started to slow down. then some thing happined. as i was walkin thru a aid stashun a guy past me. he had 54 on his caff. thats his age. thats my age groop. 50-54. no. feckin. way. this dude was not gonna finish afore me! and i past his ass. and for the last 3 and a haff miles evry buddy what past me at a aid stashun i past rite back. i dint evin stop at the final aid stashun. no sir. i hammerd home. i finished in 4:07. thats less then 9:30 a mile. my final ranks 29 in groop. 248 in men. 308 in total. you do the maths.

stratagys a save it for the run. it worked.

finely tho i talked with some other racers after and we all agreed that if we had to do the full 112 miles we wood a been cooked. we wood have had to go 25 more miles in to that dead nuts wind and only got cross winds and a wee tail wind for the rest.
Damn 'drome I got tired just reading that. Good on you for gettting it in considering the conditions. Congrats on completing an Ironman.