Author Topic: I am done  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: I am done
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Hawkfan14
DAy 2 still trying to figuire how to navagate around the site. Like I said day 2 and it sucks glad as hell I have some Smokey Mountain Chew.
Navigation is tough at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Here's how the site works. First click the link near the top of this page that says kill the can community then click Welcome Center then click how to post roll. Your roll month is 100 days from your quit date so you will be in pre HOF February. Write your handle "Hawkfan14". Then the number of days you are quit. It may take a couple of days and guys yelling at you, but you'll get the hang of it. Now why do you do this? The way we have all learned to quit around here is the same. We promise to quit for one day. We make that promise by posting roll (usually first thing in the morning). What does that do? At first it may seem like nothing more than a gimmick, but over time you'll realize you are quitting along with thousands of other folks, who each holding each other to their words. Lying to yourself is one thing, lying to your loved ones is another, but lying to a bunch of nicotine addicts like us who know all the bullshit your mind is going to spin out that will seem logical for you to dip is a whole different animal. Make no mistake quitting is hard work. But just like all of us you can do this....but to get everyone's support, post roll. Good luck.
Nice job posting roll. Buckle your seat belts. It will definitely get easier but the first week or two sucks ass.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
DAy 2 still trying to figuire how to navagate around the site. Like I said day 2 and it sucks glad as hell I have some Smokey Mountain Chew.
Navigation is tough at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Here's how the site works. First click the link near the top of this page that says kill the can community then click Welcome Center then click how to post roll. Your roll month is 100 days from your quit date so you will be in pre HOF February. Write your handle "Hawkfan14". Then the number of days you are quit. It may take a couple of days and guys yelling at you, but you'll get the hang of it. Now why do you do this? The way we have all learned to quit around here is the same. We promise to quit for one day. We make that promise by posting roll (usually first thing in the morning). What does that do? At first it may seem like nothing more than a gimmick, but over time you'll realize you are quitting along with thousands of other folks, who each holding each other to their words. Lying to yourself is one thing, lying to your loved ones is another, but lying to a bunch of nicotine addicts like us who know all the bullshit your mind is going to spin out that will seem logical for you to dip is a whole different animal. Make no mistake quitting is hard work. But just like all of us you can do this....but to get everyone's support, post roll. Good luck.

Offline Johnnodip

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Hawk, if you've made it through one day, you can make it through two.
Just quit for today, as the guys have said, EVERY day.
We quit with you, holmes.

Offline Hawkfan14

• Quitter
  • Interests: Crappie fishing at Truman Lake, also camping
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline rhamsher

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
Hawkfan!!! Welcome brother!!! Be a QUITTER!!! Go to the Welcome Center and learn everything there is to learn about how to use this site. Find your Quit Group and start posting role every damn day!!!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
topic/10685990/204/ is where you go to post roll. Posting roll tells the world you promise not to use nicotine today, and only for today. Join us in that promise today, you'll find it quite nice to be a quitter vs. a stopper.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
Stopped? I remember stopping. I stopped every night when I went to bed, I stopped when I went to the dentist. I stopped when I went to church. I stopped when I ate.

I also QUIT. I QUIT 211 days ago. Join us, won't you? We don't stop here, we don't try, we don't hope  we damn sure don't wish each other luck. We QUIT.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
After 30 plus years I stopped. Going to need help but I am done with this shit
Prove it!!!
It's all up to you. Follow the plan and your odds are good but if you fail to follow it exactly your odds start dropping.
Come on Hawk. Dump your poison. Get in here and live. You'll never regret quitting. 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems. Who needs more problems? You owe yourself to be free from the poison. You were not born with it. Bring your addict ass in here and have a life. do it for You. You are worth it!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
Prove it!!!
It's all up to you. Follow the plan and your odds are good but if you fail to follow it exactly your odds start dropping.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Hawkfan14

• Quitter
  • Interests: Crappie fishing at Truman Lake, also camping
I am done
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »