Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 711 times)

Offline Mitch Betz

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
Thats great to hear your getting you life back, I remember it all so clearly it sucked.

Waking up, going to work or school, but i remember the day I felt great and thats the day that i knew i can do this.

We are here with you brother check out live chat when your feeling bad or just want someone to talk to (me all the time)

Stay Quit bud

Quit Date:
11/03/2015

Floor
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Congrats on Half HOF !!!!

The Battle isn't over but you are rocking it all day every day

Stay Strong and Stay Quit

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: seVen44
I quit all nicotine last night at 7:44 PM. I quit tobacco on the 17th, but had been using nicotine lozenges to get me through. Last night I quit the lozenges and am nic free. I know it takes 72 hours to completely leave my system.

I recently was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic. A1C of 11.2. For those who donÂ’t know, thatÂ’s ridiculously high. Should be 6.

If I donÂ’t get my blood sugar under control soon, IÂ’m going to be on insulin and IÂ’m going to get in worse and worse shape.

I decided that it was time to make some serious lifestyle changes. I figured that I needed to do 3 things.

1. Eat a very low carb diet
2. Take my medication appropriately (following all directions)
3. Quit nicotine

IÂ’ve been working hard on my new low carb diet so that I can limit how much sugar is coming in to my body in the first place. Doing pretty good with it. ItÂ’s just a lot to learn.

I started on my medication, Metformin, Tuesday night. So far, so good.

Last night I took the third step: I quit nicotine.

IÂ’ve been dipping since I was 11. IÂ’m now 46. So, 35 years of dipping. ThatÂ’s a long time. I know this will be a battle that will never really end, it will just become more manageable. IÂ’m glad I found this resource and I plan to use it.
I love this post, bro!

Taking back your life is so damn hard but soooo worth it.

A word of caution... you're tackling an awful lot all at once so be patient and really keep your focus on the ground you gain each day. I'm on a low carb diet too... the results from that kick in pretty fast and are very noticeable right up front. Nicotine... yeah, that one can take awhile. We all used it to mask a lot of other shit and it permeated more of our life than we ever knew. If you've got the time... spend it on site, in your quit group, and communicating with other quitters. You're not alone and sometimes... sometimes, that's all you need to know to keep moving forward. I chewed for 25 years and 2 cans a day for a good chunk of it. Today marks 1,262 days since I Quit. If I can do this... you can do this.

Welcome to freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: harvestgirl
You can do this. It's going to be hard, but I've found in the past few days that this place is amazing.
Stay the quit, we're right beside you.
Well said girl!

seVen, welcome! Salvation lies within the walls of KTC. Commit to it, embrace the suck that is the first few days. Burn it into your memory cells.

Dive into KTC for all it is worth. Get active and post roll every day in your January 20176 group.

I was just like you 409 days ago. Nicotine wise that is. Im still an addict but no longer a slave. So so many good sayings floating around here. None of these are mine, just ones I remember.

And they stuck with me becasue theya re true. Be careful of the mind games after 72 hours. Thats when the real fun begins.

PM me with anything, get active in your group and be a leader.

You got this, one day at a time. I'll quit extra hard with you today. JB

Offline harvestgirl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • That tempest in a teapot....
  • Quit Date: 9/26/16
  • Interests: Throat punching the was of cat shit from your face
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
You can do this. It's going to be hard, but I've found in the past few days that this place is amazing.
Stay the quit, we're right beside you.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
Quit Date: 9.26.16 HOF Date: 1.3.17 9th Floor: 3.14.19
Read my Intro.
Read my HOF Speech.

Offline seVen44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-28
Day 1
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
I quit all nicotine last night at 7:44 PM. I quit tobacco on the 17th, but had been using nicotine lozenges to get me through. Last night I quit the lozenges and am nic free. I know it takes 72 hours to completely leave my system.

I recently was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic. A1C of 11.2. For those who donÂ’t know, thatÂ’s ridiculously high. Should be 6.

If I donÂ’t get my blood sugar under control soon, IÂ’m going to be on insulin and IÂ’m going to get in worse and worse shape.

I decided that it was time to make some serious lifestyle changes. I figured that I needed to do 3 things.

1. Eat a very low carb diet
2. Take my medication appropriately (following all directions)
3. Quit nicotine

IÂ’ve been working hard on my new low carb diet so that I can limit how much sugar is coming in to my body in the first place. Doing pretty good with it. ItÂ’s just a lot to learn.

I started on my medication, Metformin, Tuesday night. So far, so good.

Last night I took the third step: I quit nicotine.

IÂ’ve been dipping since I was 11. IÂ’m now 46. So, 35 years of dipping. ThatÂ’s a long time. I know this will be a battle that will never really end, it will just become more manageable. IÂ’m glad I found this resource and I plan to use it.