Author Topic: First Day Quit.  (Read 971 times)

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: First Day Quit.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
Hang tough Trombonist.

Don't let the 'easy' days lull you to sleep. There will be plenty of hard times and craves. That's the life of an addict.

One day at a time.
I quit with with you all!

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
  • Interests: Christianity, Music, College sports, Rangers baseball!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: trombonist91
Quote from: ChewCrewRetiree
Quote from: Instigator
I've been dipping for about three years, and I'm ready to quit.  I'm tired of looking desperately for loose change, tired of lying and hiding my addiction to my loved ones, tired of sore gums.  I'm done.
Reading this gives gator a good old-fashioned quit trom-boner!

see what I did there? 'crackup'  
Ahhhh I see you Mr. Gator! :lol:
Haha. not bad. Can't say I'm not used to that kind of thing though :P Day two hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be, by the way. I bet those craves will come back with a vengeance soon though.
i like that. tromboner.

Whats your plan tromboner? What are you going to do when those craves come with a vengence?
I've been logging on here whenever it gets bad. And it was bad last night. I couldn't sleep at all. Feeling much better today.

I've got my dad to fall back on too, he's an old HOF'er. As well as a few people who have PM'ed me. I'm feeling pretty confident, but trying not to be too much.

Overconfidence could turn out to be my big weakness I think.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Jesus' words to Peter- "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I've been dipping for about three years, and I'm ready to quit.  I'm tired of looking desperately for loose change, tired of lying and hiding my addiction to my loved ones, tired of sore gums.  I'm done.

Haha. not bad. Can't say I'm not used to that kind of thing though :P Day two hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be, by the way. I bet those craves will come back with a vengeance soon though.
i like that. tromboner.

Whats your plan tromboner? What are you going to do when those craves come with a vengence?

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »

-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Jesus' words to Peter- "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
I've been dipping for about three years, and I'm ready to quit. I'm tired of looking desperately for loose change, tired of lying and hiding my addiction to my loved ones, tired of sore gums. I'm done.

The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
That's outstanding man. Way to power through and throw that shit away.

Step by step you are regaining control of your life. It will no longer controlled by a known carcinogen! Continue to strengthen your quit every day. Create bonds with your fellow quit brothers and sisters, exchange numbers, the whole nine yards. There is no such thing as being to careful when it comes to an addiction like this. Live chat is also very useful as we battle this problem we all have.

I quit with you today, trombonist. Everyday.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Man. I just had my first hardcore crave since I've been here on day 1. Stupid me, I didn't throw away the half can of dip I had left last night or this morning. I left it there. And I knew it was there. So tempted to take a pinch.

Thanks to my promise though, I willed my way into throwing it in the toilet and flushing it down. No more live cans in this house.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
question:  How do you play the trombone with a fatty in?  Stick to this site and you'll be quit and stay quit.  carry on
Haha. There's no way you can. Another good reason to quit.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
question: How do you play the trombone with a fatty in? Stick to this site and you'll be quit and stay quit. carry on

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I plan on stocking up pretxels, lemon drops, warheads, jerkey... It's good to be here already.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
hay man im glad you found the roll call. that rite there is the back bone a your quit. get to no them guys. there the ones most like to save you from yoour self. swap numbers. reed lots a stuff here. the hof speechis. the words a wisdom. intros. the blog. drink lots a water. stock up on what evers gonna help you stay quit. man i like them atomick fire balls.

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
First Day Quit.
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
I've been dipping for about three years, and I'm ready to quit. I'm tired of looking desperately for loose change, tired of lying and hiding my addiction to my loved ones, tired of sore gums. I'm done.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13