Author Topic: 1/20/2013 New Quitter!  (Read 653 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: 1/20/2013 New Quitter!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
So, Ryana1976 last saw each other this summer at the Mayhem Festival (Anthrax, Motorhead, Slayer, and Slipknot along with others).

Ryan and our friend Mike had spent all day there, but I had to miss Anthrax and didn't get there until Motorhead walked onto the stage. I had also made plans on going drinking afterwards with Chewie (admin, October 2006), Steve (November 2011), and LastChance (December 2008).

I bought my tickets at the door, and met Mike and Ryan on the giant lawn at Blossom. Blossom is this giant, sprawling wooded area with a large pavilion and stage and room for all these festivals to put up 3-4-5 stages throughout. We grab some drinks, and head into the pavilion to catch Slayer.

Mike and Ryan are seated on the other side of the pavilion from me, and I take my seat for the show. Slayer comes on and they were fucking awesome. Strangely, this is the first time I had seen them. Chewie and Steve start texting me trying to figure out when I'm heading up there when I get a text from Mike saying:
We may have an inside to the after party.
I "alert" (with a chuckle) Chewie and Steve of this.

Anyways, Slipknot comes on.

And they were fucking awesome as usual. Here's Spit It Out. If you don't want to watch the whole video, jump to 3:45 for my favorite moment of the night and a scope of how many people were there.

Anyways, afterwards we meet up again.

Mike tells me I need to go to this specific light-up toy vendor and purchase the red devil horns for $10. Again, I laugh to myself and figure that at least my sons will enjoy the odd toy. We do this and head on back to the main stage.

Ryan (who is a helluva musician and toured multiple times with a few bands) walks backstage no questions asked. Security grabs Mike and I (probably because we're carrying around light -up swords and devil horns for the kids). They "know nothing about the after party".

We sit down (and Mike lights up a cigarette...grrrr) by one of the security gates. He pulls out his phone and calls Ryan. I start chatting up the girl working the gate. She's young, and is very "apologetic" that there's confusion. "If somebody comes by", she says, "I'll ask and we'll get this straightened out.".

Well, it's right about this time that Ryan emerges behind her. He calls out "Mike! Scott! Come on back!" The girl opens the gate and apologizes profusely.

We get backstage to find an full open bar, one of the Slipknot clowns on a dunk tank, and trailers lined up with a barbeque line going (shish kabobs, burgers, corn, etc). Well, I hadn't had a drink since the beginning because I had planned on going out in Cleveland afterwards.

It's safe to say those plans went by the wayside.

Drinks were good. Food was better. Groupies were hot and half naked.

We ended up drinking with the bands and roadies all night, met DJ Starscream of Slipknot (and probably some others too but I wouldn't be able to recognize anybody without masks on) and Scott Ian of Anthrax right off the bat for a picture. Met a ton of other people too that I didn't realize until later.

So, as the night is winding down, I go to make the walk back to my car. Ryan and Mike (who had been there all day and had VIP parking) get to their lot immediately. I wander around this completely wooded, pitch black area for the next hour and a half. I met up with random groups of people looking for their cars as well. As one of us would find our car, we'd peel off and bid the group goodbye.

I finally get home about 4:45.

If you get a chance, go grab a beer with Ryan. Good dude. Proud to be quit with him.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Seth
I see you've been on the site today Ryan. Yet I don't see your name on roll.

This place works, but only if you work it. Take the first step and post up your promise today. You can't even imagine the support you'll get.
Hey!

That's a day 4 on April's roll!

Proud of you man. Keep up the good work and know that there is never, ever a good reason to go back. The KTC can be the biggest, baddest weapon you carry into this battle...but it is up to you to pull the trigger.

You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
I see you've been on the site today Ryan. Yet I don't see your name on roll.

This place works, but only if you work it. Take the first step and post up your promise today. You can't even imagine the support you'll get.
The product is worth the process.

Offline Enraged Thor

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Ryan, you must post roll. Anyone have his number?

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Ryan,

Your group is here (click the underlined text).

You got this Buddy.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Are you not posting roll?

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Come on, post roll!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
Oh that nasty fog. I remember it well. Cant see cant think cant walk. Hang in there Ryana, it will lift and thing will get better. PM if you need to chat. Lots of help on here.

Offline ryana1976

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Still Quit day 2! Hit my head about 10 times today. Feel like a clutz.... Oh well! Still on board! Thanks for the support guys it really helps- ry

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Fully drink of the quit koolaid! Posting roll is an essential part. Bring the rage here, become active in your group. Get some #'s. pm me if I can help.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Welcome to April group Ryan. I quit with you today. Get on words and wisdom and soak that shit up. Lots of wisdom on this site man. The more you get to know about the enemy the stronger you become.

PM me anytime. ItsGot2Happen

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Quote from: ryana1976
I am here I have made it through almost a day. I am 36 years old and I've been dipping kodiak wintergreen for the better part of 20 years. Maybe only 19 when you had up previous attempts to quit. I am determined to make this the last and final quit. Today has been rough, but I'm not giving in. any advice welcome!
Ryan
Welcome.

Time to post roll.

Check the welcome center upper left corner of your screen. That will get you started.

Offline ryana1976

1/20/2013 New Quitter!
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
I am here I have made it through almost a day. I am 36 years old and I've been dipping kodiak wintergreen for the better part of 20 years. Maybe only 19 when you had up previous attempts to quit. I am determined to make this the last and final quit. Today has been rough, but I'm not giving in. any advice welcome!
Ryan