Author Topic: D-Day H-Hour  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: D-Day H-Hour
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2021, 05:02:25 PM »
I've reached out to my support group and haven't heard back yet, but I could use someone to talk to. I'm in the live chat if anyone is around.

This has been sorted. I want to give a hearty thanks to group that reached out. You guys and gals are rock-stars!
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2021, 02:34:33 PM »
I've reached out to my support group and haven't heard back yet, but I could use someone to talk to. I'm in the live chat if anyone is around.

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:52 AM »
Reading through this whole thing again. I don't remember any of it  :( but I do want to recognize the folks who took time out of their day to help a lost, drama-queen, no good addict enough that when I got my life back to an even keel I knew KTC was the place to go for support.

I spend my time here fussing with people. I went through the thread of a fellow quitter who passed away and saw all the people who that quitter had impacted in a positive way. (Rest in Peace @traumagnet )

Have I helped anyone's quit? I don't think so. Not in any significant way. I think I would do best by looking for ways to help others like I said I wanted to at the start. Maybe I need to sign another promise every morning to put others first.

I got a lot of help my first time through here, and paid it back by caving. I want to personally apologize to the following quitters:

@Tuco
@Doc2quit4good
@Grizzlyhasclaws
@Mupig
@CavMan83
@redtrain14
@Nolaq
@Doc Chewfree
@slug.go
@ChristopherJ
@deerman
and yes @RAZD611

Everyone of you took time to find a lost addict and make sure he came home. I give my promise to stay nic-free and to also look for ways to help. That way your efforts weren't wasted and every person's life I help change for the better is because you all helped me.
Quit. Stay quit. That’s all WE care about here. The rest is your personal challenge. We will quit with you every day, your other obstacles will also require your full attention, too.
Glad you’re well.
Keep quitting with us one day at a time. We can’t change the past and no need to worry about the future. Ignore the noise and enjoy being nicotine free today.
Just stay quit this time Sajax. After going through what we went through in late 2014, you’d have to be as crazy as a shithouse rat to put yourself through all that crap again. But here you are. You’re better off here though. It’s a lot gentler and kind. You’ll do well in your current group with all you know about stopping. Best of luck and remember to burn your boat this time.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1968
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
Reading through this whole thing again. I don't remember any of it  :( but I do want to recognize the folks who took time out of their day to help a lost, drama-queen, no good addict enough that when I got my life back to an even keel I knew KTC was the place to go for support.

I spend my time here fussing with people. I went through the thread of a fellow quitter who passed away and saw all the people who that quitter had impacted in a positive way. (Rest in Peace @traumagnet )

Have I helped anyone's quit? I don't think so. Not in any significant way. I think I would do best by looking for ways to help others like I said I wanted to at the start. Maybe I need to sign another promise every morning to put others first.

I got a lot of help my first time through here, and paid it back by caving. I want to personally apologize to the following quitters:

@Tuco
@Doc2quit4good
@Grizzlyhasclaws
@Mupig
@CavMan83
@redtrain14
@Nolaq
@Doc Chewfree
@slug.go
@ChristopherJ
@deerman
and yes @RAZD611

Everyone of you took time to find a lost addict and make sure he came home. I give my promise to stay nic-free and to also look for ways to help. That way your efforts weren't wasted and every person's life I help change for the better is because you all helped me.
Quit. Stay quit. That’s all WE care about here. The rest is your personal challenge. We will quit with you every day, your other obstacles will also require your full attention, too.
Glad you’re well.
Keep quitting with us one day at a time. We can’t change the past and no need to worry about the future. Ignore the noise and enjoy being nicotine free today.
Jan19

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2020, 08:01:48 AM »

@Tuco
@Doc2quit4good
@Grizzlyhasclaws
@Mupig
@CavMan83
@redtrain14
@Nolaq
@Doc Chewfree
@slug.go
@ChristopherJ
@deerman
and yes @RAZD611

Glad you’re well.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline deerman

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »
Yeah, same here. I’m here to quit with people that understand. Even if I don’t know them personally, they understand what it takes, like nobody else. Not your wife, not tour friends not your parents. And that’s the power here. It’s simple. All else is superfluous. The drama, the grandstanding, the rage.it isn’t about you or me, how we feel, what we don’t feel how we fail or succeed. It is just about being nic free for today. It all falls away if you just come here one day at a time. There is no magic. Just willpower and determination.
So, in that sense, @Sajax, welcome back. Will you make it this time?

See you tomorrow

Deerman.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:30:44 PM by deerman »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »

@Tuco
@Doc2quit4good
@Grizzlyhasclaws
@Mupig
@CavMan83
@redtrain14
@Nolaq
@Doc Chewfree
@slug.go
@ChristopherJ
@deerman
and yes @RAZD611

The only thing you own me is your word everyday. (handjobs are nice too  8).

I am the way I am for a reason. I hope you see that now. Addicts have never had anyone sit them down and tell them the way it is, Addict are always coddled, asked nicely, patted on the ass with an atta boy, its ok, you'll get em next time. Thats great if failure is an option. It is not an option here. I will always be here for anyone that needs accountbility and makes an attempt at being quit.

Keep your ass on that horse even if you have to tie your hands to the horn and glue your ass to the saddle.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »

@Tuco
@Doc2quit4good
@Grizzlyhasclaws
@Mupig
@CavMan83
@redtrain14
@Nolaq
@Doc Chewfree
@slug.go
@ChristopherJ
@deerman
and yes @RAZD611

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »
... But never let the side topics consume you or become a detriment to your quit.
What a great statement. Glad you've thrown of the shackles of addiction Sajax. Always nice to see a man striving to be that which he was created to be. This great big quilt of quit is woven with the threads of each quitter. We all add our own flavor to the context. Some like the post and ghost still add to the fabric. Others add more variety and color. To be here is to contribute. I'm glad that you're here.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4351
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2020, 10:44:07 AM »
I've been slowly working my way into some topics or posts that go beyond posting roll every day. I believe that being connected firms up the commitment to the process. I really really appreciate seeing some of my original peers posting support of me. It doesn't take much to type but that little "with sajax" makes more difference than I could've guessed.

Thank you: @Sir Nopenhagen @Mupig @ChristopherJ You guys rock.

This wasn't a good idea. I'm not good at interacting with others on the internet.

Edit: I, like many other here (I would assume) have a bit of an all or nothing personality. It sucks that a little off-topic nonsense completely unrelated to my goals or hope for posting roll with like minded quitters is making me want to pack in trying to be here at KTC.

"Keep the quit forget the rest." Yeah, I know. Sigh. Post roll and ghost? That fucking sucks too. What do compatriots? What do?

This article had a lot of good ideas, worth a read if you find yourself in a situation like mine feeling frustrated, angry and confused.

https://www.onewithnow.com/misunderstood-how-to-let-go-of-the-need-to-explain-yourself/
We are addicts man. Often we trade one addiction for another. For me, I have to actively keep myself in check in various aspects of my life simultaneously.

I used to get down in the weeds way more around here. Eventually, you have to either cut out all the non-quit related stuff altogether or practice self control which can be a learned process that takes time.

I don't know you personally so I don't know what will ultimately work best for you. But I will say this. KTC is a site to quit nicotine. If you find yourself getting sucked into other threads that are distracting you from your quit, that's typically when you need to pull back and focus on why you are here. There is a lot of extra noise around here and it's great to maybe distract from the occasional crave. But never let the side topics consume you or become a detriment to your quit.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
I've been slowly working my way into some topics or posts that go beyond posting roll every day. I believe that being connected firms up the commitment to the process. I really really appreciate seeing some of my original peers posting support of me. It doesn't take much to type but that little "with sajax" makes more difference than I could've guessed.

This wasn't a good idea. I'm not good at interacting with others on the internet.

Edit: I, like many other here (I would assume) have a bit of an all or nothing personality. It sucks that a little off-topic nonsense completely unrelated to my goals or hope for posting roll with like minded quitters is making me want to pack in trying to be here at KTC.

"Keep the quit forget the rest." Yeah, I know. Sigh. Post roll and ghost? That fucking sucks too. What do compatriots? What do?

This article had a lot of good ideas, worth a read if you find yourself in a situation like mine feeling frustrated, angry and confused.

https://www.onewithnow.com/misunderstood-how-to-let-go-of-the-need-to-explain-yourself/

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2020, 10:07:18 AM »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:11:13 AM by Sajax »

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1968
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2020, 09:29:39 AM »
I am not sure where to begin. My time on this site previously taught me two things. The process here works; I was able to quit and stay quit. The second was that I am an asshole. No two ways about it.

My first journey ended with time in the mental hospital (issues unrelated to dip). I am much better now (and stable) but about a year or two ago I picked back up dip. I don't remember exactly when because some of my treatments cause memory issues, but I think I've been dipping again for about two years.

I don't want to dip any more. I want to quit.

I don't know what the etiquette prescribes for a person in my situation but I'm all ears and hoping I can join back in on the rolls and keep my big dumb mouth shut this time around (unless it is to share a kindness or encouragement).

-Sajax
@Sajax here is the link to take your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16776.0. You sure did throw a great down the shitter. Be prepared to answer the 3 questions in your new group and post them in your old group as well.
1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What are you going to do differently this time to prevent caving?
Jan19

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2020, 09:15:14 PM »
I am not sure where to begin. My time on this site previously taught me two things. The process here works; I was able to quit and stay quit. The second was that I am an asshole. No two ways about it.

My first journey ended with time in the mental hospital (issues unrelated to dip). I am much better now (and stable) but about a year or two ago I picked back up dip. I don't remember exactly when because some of my treatments cause memory issues, but I think I've been dipping again for about two years.

I don't want to dip any more. I want to quit.

I don't know what the etiquette prescribes for a person in my situation but I'm all ears and hoping I can join back in on the rolls and keep my big dumb mouth shut this time around (unless it is to share a kindness or encouragement).

-Sajax