Author Topic: day 1  (Read 786 times)

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: day 1
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Welcome Andrew, you will get plenty of support and accountability here. I'm 32 days into my quit and know I could not have done it without this site and the people on it. Quit one day at a time and post roll everyday.

mb289

Offline danp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/22/2014
  • Interests: Family, Running, Sailing, MotorcyclePM as needed
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »
Welcome to June Andrew. I'm dan and on day 27. No lie the next few days will be tough but once you clear those it's very freeing. Hang out on this site as much as you can. Read post from other people. PM your quite group.

Your story and struggle is not unique, but having a support team is. You'll see people with years of successful quit still posting role. ODAAT

get your quit on
Dan

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
Welcome Andrew,

You will be in the June group with me :D You have come to the best possible place if you want to quit, the amount of support you will get through this site will blow your mind. My advice: Jump in with both feet, don't just post roll and leave, try out chat, get to know other quitters, and believe in yourself, YOU WILL BEAT THIS HABIT, and we are all here to help you. PM me if you need a number or anything else.

I'm proud to quit with you

Mike aka MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Great job already posting roll! Glad to bet quit with you today. Continue to make that simple promise everyday that is the difference between life and death to not use nicotine. Quit life fuck.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Welcome to the June group, andrew. All we do is quit for today. Then, we wake up tomorrow and quit for today again. One day at a time. If you're serious about this, you'll find all the support you could ask for. If you need anything all you gotta do is ask.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline kayakdude

• Quitter
  • Interests: Youth sports..Soccer and Baseball.Kayak fishing
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
You will get all the support and accountability here if you want it.

The key is that you need to want it and buy in.

Post Roll Call...don't EVER miss.

Man up and do it One Day At A Time.

I am on day 36...dip/chew for 26 years.

It gets better.

Drink tons of water.

Exercise.

Do whatever you need to.

Make some friends in your quit group...it's a brotherhood. USE IT.
HOF Date: May 22, 2014

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Quote from: 10yearaddict
Hi,

I have tried everything to quit over the years, but I am weak, and need accountability. 
Welcome to addiction class 101. The mindset must change. YOU are not weak. YOU are an addict. The work and heights we all went to while dipping shows that we (addicts) are determined and creative people.

Yes addicts need accountability. Your group and this brotherhood is in the fight with you every day. You have let yourself and others down in the past but here, if you are a man of your word, you will be quit.

Addicts cannot fathom the thought of never dipping again. If you think long term, your addicted mind is going to have too much power over you.

The magic it the accountability and only for today. You don't know what tomorrow will bring so don't sweat your quit tomorrow, next week or the rest of your life. Just quit today. Once you win today, then enjoy the victory over vice, and when you wake and it becomes today again, repeat. Take it day by day and you will soon be in the hall of fame.

Its a battle I am not going to lie but if you will post roll and if you are a man of your word, it isn't about weakness or strength, its about strategy.

Any addict can do this if they really want to. Welcome, take notes and share them here on your intro. Don't make a new posts. Just reply on this post so that you can go back and read your journey. \

Now only worry about your quit today. Post roll, get to meet your group and stay quit for today. That's all you have to worry about is staying quit today. Tomorrow doesn't matter until you win your match today.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Hi Andrew and welcome to the club. Get the word "try" out of your head. We don't try here, we quit. You will be part of the June group. Check out the Salmon colored Welcome Center and learn how to Post Roll. It is our Daily Contact to ourselves and each other that we will quit for today. We don't do long term, we take it one day at a time. Listen to what people are going to tell you on here. They know what they are talking about.

The next 3 days will suck but then it will get better. I saw a quote from someone on here that said, "It's gonna suck, then it won't". I can't remember who wrote it but it stuck in my mind. After 72 hours the nic will be gone from your system but the urges and cravings will be powerful. You must resist all temptation. We are NO NICTINE. No patches, nic gum, cigs, etc. If you can't play by these very basic rules then it's time to move on.

Glad to be quit with you today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Accountability you will receive. You are only as weak or strong as you think you are. Quitting one day at a time (ODAAT) is totally achievable. Make up your mind early every day, make a commitment and keep your word. The days will multiply into weeks and months if you concentrate on today.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 10yearaddict

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Hi,

Im andrew, and been addicted to tobacco for 10 years. Mainly dip, but a little bit of everything. I have tried everything to quit over the years, but I am weak, and need accountability. I am excited to quit with so much support, and people holding me accountable.

Offline 10yearaddict

day 1
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »