Author Topic: Hello everyone Day 1  (Read 4286 times)

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Hello everyone Day 1
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
Stinger, 4 weeks is a big deal.  A heartfelt congratulations to you Sir.  Listen, you've referred to this as a habit a few times.  Nicotine is an addiction and a powerful one.  To underestimate the enemy is to ensure her victory.  I've some links in my signature about nicotine and addiction. Arm yourself with knowledge, it's free.  Ignorance is expensive.

Thanks for the information.  I'll always take knowledge, it's the only way I can get rich  ;D.  I realize that it's an addiction, not sure why I always put habit.  Guess because I feel stupid that I fell into her trap, but everyone here helped free me.

The thing about freedom, it needs to be fought for, every damned day.  We see it in our nation.  Stop fighting for freedom, suddenly you can't salute the flag, because it offends someone.

Freedom from addiction is the same.  You have to fight for it.  You can't have "just one".  There's always the urge, the whisper, "remember the rush?  you can have "just one", then you're okay." 

That's the voice of death.

Your choice.  It's always your choice.  No one else decides.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
  • Quit today for yourself.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
Stinger, 4 weeks is a big deal.  A heartfelt congratulations to you Sir.  Listen, you've referred to this as a habit a few times.  Nicotine is an addiction and a powerful one.  To underestimate the enemy is to ensure her victory.  I've some links in my signature about nicotine and addiction. Arm yourself with knowledge, it's free.  Ignorance is expensive.

Thanks for the information.  I'll always take knowledge, it's the only way I can get rich  ;D.  I realize that it's an addiction, not sure why I always put habit.  Guess because I feel stupid that I fell into her trap, but everyone here helped free me.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 07:29:28 AM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Big Irv

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 06:31:17 AM »
Stinger:
Just posting what you’re going through on here not only helps your quit, but reading it helps mine.  We all find something we can relate to in our own quit. Somehow, it also helps me to know I’m not alone. Although my family is glad I’m quit, they never really objected to my chewing. No one outside my family knew that I chewed (all my former chew buddies quit LONG ago). So, I was addicted alone and I quit alone. Being alone in this makes it so easy to cave. But once you know you’re not alone, and others vocally and daily remind you they quit with you, it’s a different ballgame.
PDQWYT. PM me anytime. Happy to exchange digits.
Big Irv

Day 28

4 weeks baby. 

I feel pretty confident, still have urges but I don't want the tobacco or nicotine.  I feel so good now that I could jump higher than a house (mainly because houses can't jump).  Shout out to all of my supporters that help me get through everyday.  I don't really have much to post except if you are thinking about quiting, why haven't you?  I feel like I have a new lease on life now that I am free of that nasty stuff.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »
Day 28

4 weeks baby. 

I feel pretty confident, still have urges but I don't want the tobacco or nicotine.  I feel so good now that I could jump higher than a house (mainly because houses can't jump).  Shout out to all of my supporters that help me get through everyday.  I don't really have much to post except if you are thinking about quiting, why haven't you?  I feel like I have a new lease on life now that I am free of that nasty stuff.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 11:33:27 PM »
Day 18

Feeling a little weak today, so I'll just post something.  It always makes me feel better to get my ideas out of my head and onto the forums, also it makes me realize how dumb it would be to cave with my ideas right in front of me.

I think that it's becoming a habit to only put food and drink into my mouth now, whereas it used to be a habit to always put that nicotine in there.  I am happy mentally that I chose to quit, but physically my body still wants it.  All the time my body "feels" like it used to when I would put a dip in. I have been thinking of going out and getting some of the no tobacco, no nicotine snuff just so I'll have something to put in my gum.  I'm afraid that if I do, I would start getting used putting something back in there and that might lead to me caving.

I think if it wasn't for the support I get here and having a place to put my ideas down, I would have caved by now.  My family supports me and are very happy that I have made it this far, but my family cannot know what I am going through.  I think I would feel more ashamed that I gave up on everyone on this site than I would that I gave up on my family.

I am not going to cave as I am already home from work and have my shoes off so I will not be going back out tonight and all of my quit buddies will text me before I even wake up tomorrow so I can talk to them to get my head on straight.

I am sorry if this post it hard to follow, it's just the ramblings of an addict trying to keep myself from caving.  My mind KNOWS that it doesn't want to start that shit back up and is happy that it is clear now, but my body is constantly fighting my mind and REALLY wants me to start back up.  I think I'll listen to my mind.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 12:48:43 AM »
I will never take it for granted that I have this habit licked.  That's why I post roll every day and I have some good friends that I text with every day to stay strong.

Offline Kickin-wing

• Quitter
  • Hi
  • Quit Date: 07/11/2018
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
Stinger it's great to see your quit is going well!  Be careful about taking that mental status for granted.  You never know when you will find yourself in a situation looking for a quick feel good and remember you used to go to dip for that.  Thinking you've got this thing beat can be dangerous, complacency is the path to cave.  Take a look at the following story from Broc:  http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=49.msg74535#msg74535 (The text in yellow on the roll post).

Also this is great stuff, you should double post a lot of this to your intro and your group.  Great conversation starters that will definitely help other people's quits.
You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.  -wastepanel

Introduction

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
Day 14

This is so far the easiest quit that I have ever had.  I don't know if it easier because this time I really want it or if it's all of the support that I have gotten from this site.

I still physically crave the stuff, but mentally I have no need for the stuff.  My lips and gums seem to be healed.  It's awesome to be able to grab a piece of candy or a snack or heck any kind of food anytime that I want and don't have to spit out my chew to eat it.  I can't really say that I have saved a lot of money as my habit was not as bad as other peoples.  I was only using one to two cans a week.  I have seen a lot of people on here using 3 to 4 cans a day.

Even though my habit wasn't that bad, it was still a habit.  I feel a sense of accomplishment making it 14 days. 

If anyone is reading this and they are trying to decide if they should quit or not, that's not really a question, you should.  With the support from this site and some willpower, you can easily kick that nic bitch and get your life back.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »
Day 6

I'll keep this kind of short.  I'm feeling real good today.  I feel like I have kicked this addiction, but I know that's not true.  I'm sure it will be a fight for the rest of my life.

I drove past the tobacco store today and didn't even think of stopping.  It's the small victories that makes winning this war worth it.

The only wisdom that I have to impart tonight is if you are reading this,  YOU CAN DO IT.  "Stay strong" if you have started your quit and "what are you waiting for?" if you haven't started.

You know I used to think that I enjoyed dipping and I would tell myself that every time I failed to quit.  Thinking back, how could I have enjoyed it.  I missed out on so many things just because I had a dip in.  Someone would want me to try some new food that they got and I would either say "no thank you" or I would have to spit my dip out to try it.  That's not living, but no more thanks to my buddies on here and the strength that they give me, I will keep this quit going so I don't disappoint anyone.  Because in the end, with people having your phone number and texting you every day to help keep you strong. If I cave, not only am I letting myself and my family down, but also the strangers that have invested their time in me to help me achieve my goal as well as theirs.  How can you know someone for 6 days and never meet them in person help you and become your friend?  Give your phone number to a few other quitters and find out.

Well that's it for tonight, I hope this helps someone out.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:45 PM »
Day 4

I've decided to use this post as kind of a journal of my journey.  (Wish I knew how to change the title)

Anyway here it goes.

I came here about 5 days ago with the plan to quit, but my plan was to slowly ween myself off of the stuff.  I signed up for the site and started reading some of the posts.  I noticed one common theme, you guys don't deal well with wussies.  I decided that if I was going to stay on the site and get the support that I truly needed, I was going to have to do it your way, cold turkey.  So the next day I signed roll and left for work, my can in my lunch box, but still resisting the urge.  I made it through the work day without using (luckily I was busy that day).  I got home and I gave my almost full can to my wife and said "Open the can, dump it in the toilet, flush the toilet, wash the can out in the sink, and throw it away"  I knew if I didn't have her wash the can I would be searching around for just a little "hit" later on.

It's only been 4 days of my quit, but this time it feels different.  I think that I want it more this time then I ever have, also you guys on this site have really helped me.  A big thank you to everyone that has texted me every day religiously, unfortunately I'm OCD so I never keep texts.  I know Bovie, Brian G, Keith, Mike W, anyone else that I have missed I'm sorry but I truly appreciate your help.

I thought of a couple more things on my way home from work.  Days 1-3, my lip where I used to put my dip was so sore I had troubles eating.  Here on DAY 4, it does not hurt at all, as a matter of fact, it feels to me like the bumps from dipping are getting smaller. 

My willpower today is pretty low, I don't think it would take much to make me cave other than I posted roll today and that is a promise that I WILL NOT break.  I will get up tomorrow morning, piss, and post roll before my willpower says to go buy a can.

All of you guests I see down at the bottom, yes you.  Take my advice, it is hard work, but if you do it right and talk to the people on here and read testimonials "posts", you too can be well on your way to being nicotine free.  The fog lifts after a couple of days and you start feeling "normal" again, a couple of days after that you start feeling better than "normal.  When you first sign up for this site, you will get a bunch of personal messages of people wanting to support you and your quit.  Make sure you give a least a few people your number.  As I stated earlier in this post, I have had quit buddies, dare I say friends I have never met in person, texting me every day to make sure I am doing well and giving me the strength to make sure I don't cave.  Now don't get me wrong, these same people that help you out will also give you a tongue lashing if you need it.

Well I think that's enough rambling for today, I am in for the night so there will be no caving for me.  I WILL make it to day 5 and I WILL post roll before I leave the house tomorrow.  That and all of the texts I get from my friends will get me through tomorrow, then I can worry about the next day.  ODAAT - sorry for any guests, that means One Day At A Time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:08:57 PM by thestinger »

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
Re: Thestinger
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 12:00:44 AM »
Good job stinger! Gets some numbers, read all you can on here and most of all post early every damn day! Proud to be quitting with you today

Have some numbers.  Everyone I gave my number to texted me today.  It was a great day.  Had cravings of course, but I didn't feel the need to take that chew.  With everyone's support here, by golly I think I will actually do it this time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:17:45 AM by thestinger »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 12:48:55 PM »
Good job stinger! Gets some numbers, read all you can on here and most of all post early every damn day! Proud to be quitting with you today
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 07:25:29 AM »
Way to post roll Stinger!  Your promise means something around here.  Check your PM
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 10:55:46 PM »
Since I cheated yesterday, I made today my day 1.  It was a tough day, but at the end of the day I am still alive.  It actually got better towards the end of the day.  I'm actually looking forward to making it through tomorrow and the next day.  I know ODAAT.  I am so glad that I found this place, everyone has been so encouraging.  Not sure I would have made it through the day without reading some words of encouragement on this site.  Everyone that PM'd me, I will give you my digits.  Just make sure if you call, leave a VM.