Author Topic: Day 5, Found site today.  (Read 289 times)

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: Day 5, Found site today.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:34:00 PM »
You got this Tyler!!! Congrats on 5 days. That is a huge start to what is going to become the best decision you ever made. T I hope you will find your quit group(March 2018 pre HOF) and post up your daily promise everyday. By posting roll you are making that promise to your group and everyone else on the KTC site that you will not use nicotine in any form today. Keep quitting one day at a time. Worry about today and let tomorrow take care of itself. There were points in my first few days where it was minute by minute to stay quit. Reach out and get contact numbers from people in the March group and it is always good to have numbers from some guys/gals that have been quit for awhile. Make the decision that no matter how bad it gets or how bad you may feel, tobacco can never be an option again. Find something else to do. Never Again For Any Reason NAFAR!!!

Proud to quit with you!!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline SwayzeCrazy

• Quit Date: 2017-12-18
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 5, Found site today.
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
Hello, my name is Tyler, I just turned 33 and I've been dipping consistently since I was 18. I have substituted in cigarettes and vaping, always with the mentality of "Well stepping down to this will surely help me quit!" and it never does of course. On Sunday 12/17 as I finished my last can of Kodiak I decided this needed to be it. Monday morning and all this week I woke up and cancelled my daily routine of going to the gas station to get a can. I work from home and so many times a day all I can think about is "Well maybe just once and then i'll start quitting again", and i'll put my keys in my pocket, and get ready to head out the door to go up the street to cave in to my addiction. And I always stop myself. This is the first time I've been able to stop myself. It's been 5 days of that, I've been eating candy canes(rainbow cherry season is the best season) and taking a lot of walks. I found this site today as reading about quitting has helped me stay on track so far during my bad moments, and it's been helpful to read all the stories and see the support on here. A big thank you to all of you who put in the time to support each other and make this happen it's really inspiring to me and gives me a lot of motivation.