• Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Intro
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Quote from: 13usted
Day 21

Observations
Much better now. The insomnia seems to have gone away as I've gotten 4 good nights of sleep in a row (So it took until Day 17 until I slept right).

Physical Health
No issues still.

Mental Health
No fog, finally getting sleep and still being hit by the cravings at typical times (first thing in the morning, after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner). Not as strong for certain, but now I am thinking about weaning myself off the fake stuff that helps with the cravings. I'm doing this by choosing to fight certain cravings (the first thing in the morning and after dinner) instead of using fake.
Wow! 3 weeks is awesome! You quit nic, you can do whatever you put your mind too! You control your life now! Damn proud of you, Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
Day 21

Observations
Much better now. The insomnia seems to have gone away as I've gotten 4 good nights of sleep in a row (So it took until Day 17 until I slept right).

Physical Health
No issues still.

Mental Health
No fog, finally getting sleep and still being hit by the cravings at typical times (first thing in the morning, after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner). Not as strong for certain, but now I am thinking about weaning myself off the fake stuff that helps with the cravings. I'm doing this by choosing to fight certain cravings (the first thing in the morning and after dinner) instead of using fake.
I maybe 8 years short of a medical degree, but I can still tell you this shit is no good for you.

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 06:48:00 AM »
Day 8
Observations
Today was a good day. So far the fog is lifting, but I still woke up every 3 hours like clockwork last night.

Physical Health
No issues still.

Mental Health
Like I said, a good day. Was busy, the fog is lessening, I am thinking that I need to enjoy these days and suspect there will still be crap ones coming. Still using the SM Wintergreen crutch, if I get a few good days in a row we will start working on that one.
Sleep will come. I woke up like that for a week or so. Now I sleep great. I get up before the alarm each day, and feel good as the day goes on.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
Day 8
Observations
Today was a good day. So far the fog is lifting, but I still woke up every 3 hours like clockwork last night.

Physical Health
No issues still.

Mental Health
Like I said, a good day. Was busy, the fog is lessening, I am thinking that I need to enjoy these days and suspect there will still be crap ones coming. Still using the SM Wintergreen crutch, if I get a few good days in a row we will start working on that one.
I maybe 8 years short of a medical degree, but I can still tell you this shit is no good for you.

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
Day 8
Observations

Physical Health
No issues still.

Mental Health

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Day 7 - Just to keep track of my quit so I can look back on this time (everyone says to remember this time).

Observations
The suck isn't what I thought it was going to be, I thought I would feel more urges on the conscious level, but most of the suck has revolved around insomnia. I am a sleep deprived, foggy quitter. I spend a little too much time reading posts on here just to read them, not because I need support at the moment. LOL. I haven't experienced nightmares, phantom feelings, tingling sensations, sickness or some of the other stuff I've heard about. I am thankful for that.

Physical Health
No issues; I did feel better than usual busting out a couple miles on the elliptical machine, I had to wonder if my blood is already carrying more oxygen than before.

Mental Health
Feeling good about the quit. Using Smokey Mountain Wintergreen to fulfill need to chew  spit for now, but I will begin ditching that in awhile as well. Need to get past the foggy suck first. The people here are amazing help, both the veteran quitters and the few new ones I have exchanged communication with. It has helped me and makes a person want to help others.

Offline FWLPLAY

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Your life matters.
'archer' NAFAR 'usflag'

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
Quote from: eyehatecope
Thanks to all of you and your advice.
Let's thank you as well. You've made this decision and myself I thank you for that. The greatest decision an addict can make. Have you figured out how to post roll?
Yes, I've been posting roll. I have exchanged email with 1 other member and I'm fighting the suck of the first few days here, which hasnt been quite what I expected, but sucking none-the-less.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »
Let's thank you as well. You've made this decision and myself I thank you for that. The greatest decision an addict can make. Have you figured out how to post roll?
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 11:06:00 PM »
What it's all about 13!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on making this decision. Remember, you need to quit for you and you alone. It won't work unless it is for you. Others will benefit yes, but it your addiction and your life and you must take control of it. You actually get to be selfish now. Don't let anything get in the way of your quit. Every person here has had a day one, self doubt, fear and anxiety over our quit but each of us will tell you that it is worth it. Just keep going today. That's all you ever need to concentrate on....today.

Quit hard.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Great job 13 posting your promise! It's gonna suck till it don't my friend. Stay focused on your quit, stay close to the site for a while, it definitely helps. Have any problems go to your group and let everyone know, that's what this place is all about. You're never alone in your quit journey. Quit on my friend!

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
The more I read this site, the more I've come to understand the qualities that separate success from failure. They seem to be (among other things) commitment, humility and strength of heart. Here, that means we post roll every damn day, no matter what. This has to be your new reality. Educate yourself and understand your addiction. Make a plan with plenty of contingencies in place to address each component of that addiction. Acquire the tools of battle and don't be afraid to use them. No more lies and we never give up.

It's that easy, bro. Freedom from nicotine is that simple. Latter on, you'll see how these concepts spark some positive changes in almost every aspect of your life. Your cost? A daily promise, an interweb connection or wireless plan and a com device.

This is a daily resolution backed up by a little resolve. You can do anything for a day. The proof is all around.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
Well done posting roll!
13 is on board. Pm a couple guys in your group. Pass a few digits around.
Keep reading here. Drink water.
Read some more.
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 409
I believe.....