Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »
Good on ya bud, today IS better then tomorrow! Learn how to post roll in the welcome center, and Start 2016 on Day 2!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Well, I planned on quitting tomorrow (New Year Resolution), but after reading and following the suggestions in the Welcome Center and reading some of the stories I thought screw it, I'm quitting right now. I've been chewing for 26 years. It started when I was 19 y.o. and in the military, and the only two times I've stopped was for a few days because I needed to get a blood test for a life insurance policy and a few years ago when I thought I wanted to quit and tried using a prescription anti-anxiety medication to help which made me feel way too messed up so I was back on chewing after 5 days. My wife wants me to quit, but doesn't pressure me. My kids want me to quit but don't hassle me and right now, honestly, I am afraid I am going to fail because since I started I truly never stopped. As I write this my mind is thinking about all those comfortable moments with a chew in my mouth, which is odd because I will go hours without chewing for any variety of reasons and not start thinking about that when I wasn't planning on quitting. I've thought about this so many times over the years, thinking I had to get my mind in the right place first, but, I am starting to think that isn't possible so let's just do this. I appreciate your help.
I maybe 8 years short of a medical degree, but I can still tell you this shit is no good for you.