Author Topic: 12 days in  (Read 720 times)

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 12 days in
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
Coach,

Time to step up on the KTC mat, you know who your opponent is already. Post roll everyday, honor your word, one day at a time. PM me if you have questions on how to work this site. Join our team. Don't be a fucking void.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
Step up and come on out of the shadows....get on board and post roll.

Offline Big Swede

• Quitter
  • Interests: Volunteer firefighter / Advanced EMTHiking and fishing21 years married - 3 kids
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »
I just sent a pm to our boy to see what's going on. Let's get on board - buy the ticket and take the ride with the rest of us.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: 27years
Let's see. I dipped for 27 years. I started when I was wrestling in high school. kept it up wrestling in college. Then of course coaching, almost every coach had a spit cup under his chair during the tournaments. So there was no short supply of dip. To make matters worse a friend of mine worked for the Orioles, so he would get me sleeves from the locker room. Not a great support group. I have children a 17 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. I keep looking at myself saying Jesus Christ, how stupid are you going to feel to tell them you have cancer because you were putting this shit in your mouth. 

I was being a complete idiot, I realized I was lying to my kids, if I did die I would be denying them so much. All due to my addiction and selfish act. On top of that I am much smarter than this. I had busted on my father for years for smoking until he had his first heart attack at 51. Here I am at 45 and still a slave to the same drug. Everything else I did was a total contradiction, I went to the gym religiously, monitored my blood pressure (I knew what it was before the doctor did) and I eat clean. Horrible heart history in my family, I did everything to fight it, and put this crap in my mouth.

So last Wednesday I found this site, I had quit so many times and just did not last. I knew I needed a group like AA. So the next morning woke up and dumped my tin in the toilet. The other night I had a dream about dipping, my gums have started to feel weird. I have never chewed so much gum. I think I might buy stock in Wrigleys.
That's it for now.
So has anyone else heard from this guy? I just got a pm from him like he's always Been here! Only 3 posts, unbelievable. 'Crazy'

I can't find a single Post in October roll!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
ALright.... come on out here and quit in serious fashion. Looks like you joined on June 26, waited almost 2 weeks to make a post, and now have sat silent for a couple more days. That's not how this place works. Your addiction is at work every day, and you have to fight it every day. You have got to be serious about this thing.

There is support here, but we can't help you if you're not consistent.

Offline Big Swede

• Quitter
  • Interests: Volunteer firefighter / Advanced EMTHiking and fishing21 years married - 3 kids
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
27 - it amazes me how many of us got into that nasty habit in the late seventies/early eighties trying to cut weight for wrestling. I am almost thirty years in as a dipper and always took the link between chewing tobacco and athletics for granted. The hypocrisy of that twisted relationship never really sank in until a few years back when I started thinking about quitting for good.

This really hit home for me a few months ago when I attended a coaching clinic in Salt Lake. I coach football in Idaho and we took the entire staff (middle school coaches as well) down in a mini-bus. Almost every guy on the short bus was dipping nonstop the entire 5 hours down to Utah. The one coach who wasn't dipping volunteered to drive so he didn't have to look at us while we filled up empty coke bottles with brown saliva. Now that I am almost a month off the poison, I'm starting realize how socially repulsive the whole dipper subculture is.

More importantly, I feel that I am living a healthy lifestyle for the first time in 30 years. Let's all stay quit and stay fit.

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
Let's see. I dipped for 27 years. I started when I was wrestling in high school. kept it up wrestling in college. Then of course coaching, almost every coach had a spit cup under his chair during the tournaments. So there was no short supply of dip. To make matters worse a friend of mine worked for the Orioles, so he would get me sleeves from the locker room. Not a great support group. I have children a 17 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. I keep looking at myself saying Jesus Christ, how stupid are you going to feel to tell them you have cancer because you were putting this shit in your mouth. 

I was being a complete idiot, I realized I was lying to my kids, if I did die I would be denying them so much. All due to my addiction and selfish act. On top of that I am much smarter than this. I had busted on my father for years for smoking until he had his first heart attack at 51. Here I am at 45 and still a slave to the same drug. Everything else I did was a total contradiction, I went to the gym religiously, monitored my blood pressure (I knew what it was before the doctor did) and I eat clean. Horrible heart history in my family, I did everything to fight it, and put this crap in my mouth.

So last Wednesday I found this site, I had quit so many times and just did not last. I knew I needed a group like AA. So the next morning woke up and dumped my tin in the toilet. The other night I had a dream about dipping, my gums have started to feel weird. I have never chewed so much gum. I think I might buy stock in Wrigleys.
That's it for now.
You in the right place..I truthfully dipped almost 24/7.. if i was awake, i was dipping! I like you have dipped and tried to be healthy for years..I am honestly the healthiest most positive guys i know!!! All while continuing to use! Please read my post on gum grafts.. I also quit 100s of times.. I am day 29 today only because of this site and guys like WT57 who posted up for you as well.. actually it is getting easier some days.. however I do have some tough days and some tough craves.. We are really not that far apart.. When we get to day 100 and day 70.. you'll see - we are right there together.. just like today - right there together..Gooch

Offline Goomstyle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing and Bowhunting
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »
I did it for 20 years and was introduced to it through HS and college wrestling as well. Quit twice before but always went back. This time it's for good. 148 days in and feel great. You got this. If you wrestled, you are familiar with adversity and what it takes to overcome it. Do it.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Quote from: 27years

That's it for now.
27 you are right that is too long to dip! Really 1 damn dip is too much. I did it for nearly 40 yrs. It doesnt matter if a person has dipped for 6 months or 50 yrs you are an addict. You will find that the tools to quit are here if you will use them. Tonight I celebrate my first true milestone of my quit I will post my 100th promise to quit in about 4 hrs. I'm proud of this accomplishment but recognize that in my 14,000 plus days of being an addict that I am only beginning.
Go to the Welcome Centerread how to post roll and get started. Read all you can in the Words of Wisdom and HOF speeches.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 27years too long

• Interests: my family,gym, tennis, reading, bike riding,
12 days in
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

That's it for now.