Author Topic: day 1 starts tomorrow  (Read 1482 times)

Offline 3 kids dad

• Likes Given: 0
Re: day 1 starts tomorrow
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
'boob'
wow I am actually starting to feel like i can do this 'Finger' SKOAL

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
I've been quit for 6 days and fucking loving it. It's easy after you make the decision...have you quit yet?

OWN your QUIT or get PWNED by NIC...your choice Dad.

I hope you post roll with me tomorrow.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Less drama. More posting roll. Commit. Until then, you still dip as far as I am concerned.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
I'm happy for you dad.

I'd like to see you post roll call.

Offline 3 kids dad

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
Ok, Ok . This is the way it went down. The first two days sucked more than I could have imagined. I wanted to stuff my face with two cans of that wonderful tasting fine cut Skoal. Well I didn't !!!!!!!! It's been tough, 2 cans a day for 26 years. Shit, i would love to have all that money back. I've been doing alright today, Eating a lot of candy and fruit. Don't know why but i am actually craving the fruit instead of chew today. I spent most of my day working in my garage and on my cars, this is where im used to having it in my mouth while i work. I got past that feeling of missing it and continued to work spending time in the places i normally would have a pinch and getting used to not having it when im in these certain places. Yeah so it's day three, did you ever see the cigarette commercial with the "SUCKOMETER" ? I now know first hand the feeling that guy had when he looked at the meter and it was pegged. all in all not a bad day, keeping myself really busy today helped. But then again tomorrow is Monday and it's back to work for that Psychotic boss. Yep he really is nuts. Im gonna tell him to fuck off if he buggs me the slightest bit. Got no time for his shit right now and I'm not going to let him fuck up what has been a great thing for me to accomplish. Thanks for all the comments over the past two days. It's good to know others understand the anguish i am and other quitters are going through.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
Your not little orphan Annie , You can't quit Tomorrow because like the song says, (almost) its always a day away. Your a sneaky little addict aren't you? by quitting tomorrow you get to use today. Good plan you'll never have to actually quit if you keep scheduling your quit in the future. _ .

There is only one time to quit and that is right fucking NOW!!!!!!!!!! DO IT, spit it out flush the rest , grab your marbles and get quit. If I can do it so can you

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Larry
Hey Mr. 3 kids dad,

What's the deal here? You created an introduction for yourself, you got support flooding in out the wazoo, and I don't see any form of gratitude or recognition to the many brothers that ARE QUIT that have invested time, encouragement, support, in your well-being. You don't have to answer the question, I know what the deal is...you ARE ideed scared, just like you said. You can't give it up for some reason because you're different from all of us? No, you're not different, you are an addict. We all are addicts. It's time to man-up dad. Grow some balls and spit that shit out, flush it down the toilet and go post roll already. Give us some response maybe? Be a man! Remain a Dad!
It's because he's a caver, he doesn't have what it takes to be among the quitters. If he did, he would have introduced himself saying "I quit today," not, "I'm going to quit tomorrow"

There are lots of Tomorrows. There is only one today.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Quote from: 3
I am starting the first full day without chew on a Friday and I am worried about how the weekend will go. Oh man am i scared, I really wan to quit for good this time
# Pseudo-code for prototype Fail-Engine

quit = 0 ; # No reason to chew
IF (quit + (tomorrow|worried|weekend|scared)) then FAIL and EXIT

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
"Dad you're not going to die for long time right?"

"One sec bud. Let me rinse out this dip and I'll answer that."

That's word for word an exchange between me and my 4 year old boy Jack about six months ago. I realized something at that point. I was acting like a child putting that crap in my mouth. I wasn't a man. I hadn't "manned up" and stopped knowingly killing myself on a daily basis. I'm just speaking from my soul here...if your a dad, and your putting that shit in your body, you're not a man, you're a fool...an addict. I was a fool and an addict and now I'm fighting daily not to be. Just my perspective on my experience.

Get with the program 3kd. Make a decision to get things right.

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Hey Mr. 3 kids dad,

What's the deal here? You created an introduction for yourself, you got support flooding in out the wazoo, and I don't see any form of gratitude or recognition to the many brothers that ARE QUIT that have invested time, encouragement, support, in your well-being. You don't have to answer the question, I know what the deal is...you ARE ideed scared, just like you said. You can't give it up for some reason because you're different from all of us? No, you're not different, you are an addict. We all are addicts. It's time to man-up dad. Grow some balls and spit that shit out, flush it down the toilet and go post roll already. Give us some response maybe? Be a man! Remain a Dad!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Indeed it will suck. You see you spent 26 years slowly killing yourself. Much of us did the same thing. There is no magical cure, it will come with time. In time you will see that your friend was actually your enemy. Slowly stroking your nuts to make you fee safe, secure, relaxed, etc. She knows you better than your family, your wife, even yourself. She has her web all around you. Once you quit you start slowly pulling each strand off. It will suck at first, there are many strands still clinging to you trying to keep you close to the can. Embrace it, feel how shitty it is. This is actually cleansing. In time you will realize you can do ANYTHING without nicotene. In time you will find out that you can find other mechanisms to relax yourself, or calm your nerves. You thought nicotene did that for you, but that was just the web. It was all a lie.

The longer you put off Day 1, the more strands of the web attach. Do it. Do it now.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Congratulations, it's tomorrow!

Now where the hell are you? _

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »
26 years ago I started something stupid. Now I want to kick the habit. Scared? oh yeah! My old friend will be going away. it was there through the bad times, good times, stressful times and scarey times of my life. Now I want to make sure my son doesn't grow up thinking it's ok to chew. I 've been reducing the amount i chew for two days now until all my cans are empty. i am sitting here with my last pinch and ready to start the 1st full day without any chew. I've already had the beginnings of withdrawal, Headaches. Now what will come.? II am starting the first full day without chew on a Friday and I am worried about how the weekend will go. Oh man am i scared, I really wan to quit for good this time
SO you want to...Did you? Or did you fail like all the other times in the past 26 years. Did you decide to sack up and do it or are you still sitting around "wanting to quit" with a wad of shit in your mouth?

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: nmc
26 years ago I started something stupid. Now I want to kick the habit. Scared? oh yeah! My old friend will be going away. it was there through the bad times, good times, stressful times and scarey times of my life. Now I want to make sure my son doesn't grow up thinking it's ok to chew. I 've been reducing the amount i chew for two days now until all my cans are empty. i am sitting here with my last pinch and ready to start the 1st full day without any chew. I've already had the beginnings of withdrawal, Headaches. Now what will come.? II am starting the first full day without chew on a Friday and I am worried about how the weekend will go. Oh man am i scared, I really wan to quit for good this time
It's tomorrow. Did you live up to your word that today was when you would toss it from your life? To continue to dip is the scary thing to me. You were logged in and that would have been a good time to give an update or seek some help. We can only help out if you're here.
Quite possibly a prime example of why "I will quit tomorrow" rarely works.

There is no tomorrow. The time to quit is RIGHT NOW. Quitting will not be easier tomorrow, or next week.

Deal with the reality of it. This will suck in the short term. But you can do it. And it will get so much better. But you have got to quit, and pay the price in order to feel that freedom.
Quit: Saturday, May 2, 2009
HOF: Monday, August 10, 2009

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline nmc

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
It's tomorrow. Did you live up to your word that today was when you would toss it from your life? To continue to dip is the scary thing to me. You were logged in and that would have been a good time to give an update or seek some help. We can only help out if you're here.