Author Topic: closing in on HOF  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: closing in on HOF
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
day 100

Wow my phone has been blowing up this morning. The quit support here is amazing. Thank you to all, 1st milestone, now starting to work towards 2nd floor one day at a time
That's it right there Mike, set your sights on the horizon but move towards it still only one day at a time.
much love brother!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
  • Quit Date: 9-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 724
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 09:25:10 AM »
day 100

Wow my phone has been blowing up this morning. The quit support here is amazing. Thank you to all, 1st milestone, now starting to work towards 2nd floor one day at a time
I am in competition with no one.I seek only to be better tomorrow than I was today

Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due each day

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »
Holy Schnitt! Day 99 and I haven't gone insane,  sleeping somewhat better and actually noticed my temperament is much better than when I was dipping. A big thank you to all of the morning text crew, veterans and new guys alike. That extra accountability is worth more than you can ever know. Tomorrow is day 100, and I'll start thinking of my speech, hard to put into words what I want. To all of the quitters reading this, if I can quit after 21 + years, you can to, just do one day at a time.
I am in competition with no one.I seek only to be better tomorrow than I was today

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:25:03 AM »
Nicotene is a strange mistress. Every so often hit a funk, just feel drug out. Can't grab energy drinks anymore or snacks. I've put on 10lbs in the last 83 days. Not too bad, but got to work it off quick before the holidays

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:59:05 AM »
I am proud to be quit with you Mike, I have not yet had a dip dream. It is weird however when I see somebody light up a cigarette I have a strange desire to have one too. I have never smoked in my life. Pretty strange.

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 07:16:08 PM »
Day 82

Just had my second dip dream, but with cigars this time. I never really was a cigar guy though. Funny and sad I let nicotene get ahold of me like that.

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
closing in on HOF
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
Good Morning,

I guess day 72 may be a little late for an introduction but here it is. After 21 years and multiple promises to family and friends I am QUIT for 72 days consecutive and ODAAT after that.  In the time I've been here I have seen too many cave, or post and ghost.  You cant quit that way, you have to be all in or you'll fail. I have to give a big shout out to those that reached out to me and kept me posting roll every day, Oliver88, Boovie your my boy Boo, and MikeP.  Cap70 also but he unfortunately left the site, honorable mention there.  Without  those named above I probably would of said the hell with it and went knuckle deep in a tin after 2 weeks.  Thanks guys, I'm trying to pay it forward, and keep that web of accountability growing.