Author Topic: 41 day quit  (Read 456 times)

Offline JBTigers

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 41 day quit
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Bean

I think your dead on, the issue with getting to sleep is worrying about whether or not I'll get to sleep, F'in vicious cycle, I need to find a way to not think/worry about it, take a hard line screw it attitude, if it happens it happens. I refuse to let a little sleep deprivation mess with my quit, I've come to far.

Thanks for the input and support.
Quit Date: 8/13/12

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Sleeplessness was my biggest withdrawal symptom. Headaches and concentration issues went away after a few weeks I think. But sleeplessness was a killer until I learned to embrace it.

I actually left lights on, screwed around with stuff I had been meaning to file or clean (it was dove season and coming up on deer season so there was plenty of stuff to organize in the garage). When I quit fighting it, it got better.

Tylenol PM, Benadryl and other things have been recommened...and I wouldn't discourage that if you are seriously losing sleep. But exercise seemed to help me the most.

Just see it for what it iss....my body throwing a nic fit like an infant weaned from a paci (got kids? If so, then you know). Each minute of sleeplessness is the feeling of your recovery. Stay strong, brother!!!

Offline JBTigers

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
Hey All,

I'm at day 44 quit! Generally feeling pretty good most of the time and super stoked about being quit. I feel very strong about my forever quit and reflecting on the first few days/weeks of my quit and how difficult the WD's were to deal with is a great reminder that I never want to go back there. And I'm feeling now all that shit was so worth it to get the F'in nic monkey off my back.

I am still having on/off issues with my sleep, that last 4 nights I've needed some pharmaceutical help in getting to sleep. I'll go 5-7 days no problem, then 2-4 with difficult nights. Anyone else in HOF Nov 2012 still having sleep issues or any vets with past siimilar experience? Any advice getting back on track with sleep patterns is appreciated.

I quit with all of you today!

Offline Spacebaby

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm usually ok with the physical withdrawal part of it, I think because I can feel something is happening, ya know? When the physical part wears off, I feel empty and kinda like....now what? Like nothing to do with my hands or, I don't know, whatever. Well, keep it up and I will too :P
I like you

Offline JBTigers

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Day 1-3 were pure hell. Sleepless nights full of anxiety. Week one and two I often felt like things were real, sort of disconnected from reality and cravings were bad around my triggers (driving, working in the yard, after a workout, after meals, etc.). The anxiety has gotten much better the last week to ten days. I still stubble to get a good nights sleep about half the time. I committed to never putting another dip in, and it helps that things are getting easier and to know what to expect via posts and others experiences on this forum. I glad your quitting and things are manageable(not too bad) for you, keep it up.

Offline Spacebaby

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Tell me your progression of craziness, I'm on my 3rd day and I am not too bad but I'm not around anything that is annoying me :D
I quit for a year once, but that was 8 years ago.....
The way I did it that time was to just work out like a lunatic. Seriously, I went to the gym 3 times a day.
I like you

Offline JBTigers

• Quitter
41 day quit
« on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Today I'm 41 days quit after more than 10 years dipping skoal. Just found this website, relieved to know that I haven't been going crazy, my struggles mentally and physically are to be expected. Looking forward to continuing my quit with the support of this website.