Author Topic: Day 1 a success  (Read 837 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 a success
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »
I smell a quitter... Seriously, to get to day 35 proves you can fight through hell to be quit. Just keep doing what got you here and keep fighting! I promise you that it gets so much better! Nice work so far :)

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
Alright bro glad to hear you had a good weekend. Thanks for all the support. merry quit and christmas to you as well!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »
Quote from: diehl362
Hey Worktowin. just say your post, everything is getting better. Day 5 and still going strong. yesterday was the hardest.......it was my first day quit that i spent with my old man. He chews like crazy and it just comes natural to reach for my can when you see someone else, especially after we just got done eating a huge homecooked meal. I know the bitches game, so a stick of gum for me and a fat turd for the old man. I told him to quit with me and join KTC but he had no interest at all. My next step is to email him some of these stories today. If anything, I hope it makes him think. Hows everything going with you brother?
Good. Great actually.

I was out of town this weekend having Christmas with my wife's family. They don't like me, and I don't like them. For years we stayed at their house and the tension built. I would take 4 showers a day chewing up a storm in the shower. Now I rent a hotel and enjoy some quiet time with Mrs Worktowin. Life gets so much better sir. I promise. That urge you felt yesterday will turn to pity soon. You are really going to like where this road leads.

I feel bad for your dad. He doesn't know what he is missing. But this addiction is strong... Only the toughest can do it. Must feel nice to be stronger than your old man!

Merry Christmas. You are giving yourself and your family the best gift possible.

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:00 AM »
Hey Worktowin. just say your post, everything is getting better. Day 5 and still going strong. yesterday was the hardest.......it was my first day quit that i spent with my old man. He chews like crazy and it just comes natural to reach for my can when you see someone else, especially after we just got done eating a huge homecooked meal. I know the bitches game, so a stick of gum for me and a fat turd for the old man. I told him to quit with me and join KTC but he had no interest at all. My next step is to email him some of these stories today. If anything, I hope it makes him think. Hows everything going with you brother?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Day 4 now... Update?

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
Quote from: tjschu
Thanks you gentlemen. This site and its people are already working. I can feel it. Last two times I stopped chewing I obsessed over tobacco every waking minute. It was so ridiculous. Now that I have quit on December 17th I still obsess about it, but your words and stories have channeled that energy to quitting not fighting. It's hard to explain and I'm not a word ninja like some of you guys, but I feel great. It's only day 2 and to me before that would have felt depressing, now I'm excited and obsessed with quitting.
To answere an earlier question about my beer drinking. Beer and chew for some reason don't go hand and hand for me. I can get drunk, which happens a couple times a year, and not be worried about chew. Coffee is a different animal. Gimme a cup of coffee and I'm walking around looking for dip like a buck on the scent of a doe during rut. Needless to say I had a big cup this morning while posting roll, that bitch showed her face but just seeing others numbers made me forget real quick. I quit with all of you today bc I'm an addict and I deserve to be free.
Good job man keep fighting and posting roll. I used fake with my morning coffee for a long time. It helped with the cravings

thanks bro. good idea about the fake shit, but i dont get along with that stuff. anytime ive tried usuing it i fall back to the bitch. hell im not using anything just trying to stay busy and read the forums like crazy and its all going rather smooth so far.

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
yeah im never dumb about drinking beer. not since i have such a young family now. Never drive, drink at nights, usually during hockey, football, or pro wrasslin.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
I drink like a fish, but because of that I never drive, and since I dumped all my cans when I quit, it never was an issue. It's the folks that go out and drink in public that may make a poor decision however, that is why limiting your drinking early on is advisable.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
Thanks you gentlemen. This site and its people are already working. I can feel it. Last two times I stopped chewing I obsessed over tobacco every waking minute. It was so ridiculous. Now that I have quit on December 17th I still obsess about it, but your words and stories have channeled that energy to quitting not fighting. It's hard to explain and I'm not a word ninja like some of you guys, but I feel great. It's only day 2 and to me before that would have felt depressing, now I'm excited and obsessed with quitting.
To answere an earlier question about my beer drinking. Beer and chew for some reason don't go hand and hand for me. I can get drunk, which happens a couple times a year, and not be worried about chew. Coffee is a different animal. Gimme a cup of coffee and I'm walking around looking for dip like a buck on the scent of a doe during rut. Needless to say I had a big cup this morning while posting roll, that bitch showed her face but just seeing others numbers made me forget real quick. I quit with all of you today bc I'm an addict and I deserve to be free.
Good job man keep fighting and posting roll. I used fake with my morning coffee for a long time. It helped with the cravings

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
diehl,

Wow. That was a solid intro - I feel like I know where you're coming from after reading about your history and the truth of it is, I do know you...even though we've never met. You see, I'm an addict too. Quit over 2 years and you know what, I'm still an addict. Will always be one, and that's why quitting is a lifelong commitment. When you don't commit to the quit, you only end up stopping - sounds like someone I just read about (twice). I'll explain what I mean by that.

Now, just to give you a sense of how big this site is, I'm one of those guys who likes to find badass quitters and jump on their bandwagon. So one thing I do is check their roll posting percent to see how badass they truly are. In doing this, I also see that you have a caving problem, per the little thread you have going in March 16'. Normally, I'd say nah' this guy is a joke and will be a cancer to my quit foundation. But, I also know you AND you're 25 with 2 kids. So let me tell it to you strait. Get your ass on that roll call every day and commit! This isn't about the family, this is about you. If you quit, then they benefit from it. Build a foundation of quit with stones of accountability. Those stones come from those in your quit group and guys like me who jump on bandwagons. I don't jump on these bandwagons for just anybody, only the true badasses. Yes, I still add stones of accountability with badass quitters, reinforce my foundation, and nurture the quit; maybe you can be one of those stones someday.
^^^Andy laid it down for you. Heed his advice.

I'm not in August 13, but I post there almost every day. It is down to 1-2 posting members. They are bad ass. Get your name on their roll every day too. Ask Jungleland for his number.

This isn't easy. Nothing worth doing is. Feeling like you are winning is priceless, and this is a win that cannot even be described. You can do this.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »
diehl,

Wow. That was a solid intro - I feel like I know where you're coming from after reading about your history and the truth of it is, I do know you...even though we've never met. You see, I'm an addict too. Quit over 2 years and you know what, I'm still an addict. Will always be one, and that's why quitting is a lifelong commitment. When you don't commit to the quit, you only end up stopping - sounds like someone I just read about (twice). I'll explain what I mean by that.

Now, just to give you a sense of how big this site is, I'm one of those guys who likes to find badass quitters and jump on their bandwagon. So one thing I do is check their roll posting percent to see how badass they truly are. In doing this, I also see that you have a caving problem, per the little thread you have going in March 16'. Normally, I'd say nah' this guy is a joke and will be a cancer to my quit foundation. But, I also know you AND you're 25 with 2 kids. So let me tell it to you strait. Get your ass on that roll call every day and commit! This isn't about the family, this is about you. If you quit, then they benefit from it. Build a foundation of quit with stones of accountability. Those stones come from those in your quit group and guys like me who jump on bandwagons. I don't jump on these bandwagons for just anybody, only the true badasses. Yes, I still add stones of accountability with badass quitters, reinforce my foundation, and nurture the quit; maybe you can be one of those stones someday.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
Alright so here goes. my name is Tim. I'm 25 years old. I have a wonderful wife and two children (3 year old son and 2 month old daughter) that I love very much. My first dip came when I was 11 years old hunting with my father. I enjoyed it, hell I loved it. I started chewing a can a day when I was 12. In high school I was swallowing Copenhagen all day in class. In the army I maxed out at 2 cans a day of Copenhagen long cut. I quit in 2013 for 6 months. I caved. I quit again at the beginning of this year. On the day of 6 months quit I woke up went and got a can like nothing happened. My problem is I'm an addict, I have little support outside of my wife to quit. That and I am a big ol sack of shit for staring back up again after 2 times quit. Well my friends let the harassment and name calling commence because that's what I need. I have all the power in the world to put the can down and walk away but I need support to stay quit. My first day was great. I feel so much better when I'm not controlled by the nic bitch. The only thing I'm worried about is beer. Boy I love beer just as much as the next guy but when I quit I seem to drink a lot more. 1 or 2 ipa a night and all the Pbr or Guinness I can handle on the weekend. Anyone else have that issue?
One question, do you like beer more than your freedom? It's simple, your no different than anyone here my friend, you drink you want a dip , you get drunk odds are you cave, not always but why risk it? Look at those beautiful kids that's gonna need daddy a long time! Get you some numbers, read,learn,listen but the most important thing you can do is wake up and post your promise to all of us but mainly to yourself! One day at a time!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline diehl362

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I will be sticking around. I can't do it on my own. I want the rest of my life to be unhindered by the nic bitch.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
Glad to see that you made it back here to quit at KTC. I saw that you found posting roll confusing last time around. Read the instructions on this link - there is even a video that shows you how to do it.

How to post roll

I hope that you stick around rather than trying to quit on your own again.

I quit with you today!