Author Topic: I have finally made the leap  (Read 528 times)

Offline Zutdut17

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I have finally made the leap
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »
I've made 100 days. I honestly never thought I would get this far but today is one of my proudest accomplishments to date. I find it quite funny that I had my worse dip dream last night. I never knew how much quitting truly meant to me until I woke up this morning after that dream that felt so real and I was crush that I fail. I originally quit for my wife but it has developed into something that I want to and I am so happy I've made it triple digits, with hopefully the rest of my life to go. I know I couldn't have made it this far with out my family's love and support.

Joe

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: banjosteve
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: zutdut17
Hey guys my name is Joe, I'm 45 days strong right now. My last pinch was December 6th 2016 @ 9am. I went cold turkey and it was the best decision I could have made. I suffered through 1 week of hell and then it started getting better and better. I think this week is the first week that the good days have out weighed the bad. It wasn't so much that I had a lot of bad days. It was just the ones I did were really rough. I feel like I am slowly starting to feel like myself again, slowly but surely. After tens years of a tin a day I never thought I would be at this point but here I am! The reason I am reaching out at this point in my quiting process, because I'm looking for people who have experienced what I'm going through and who get how I am feeling especially on those really bad days.

Joe
Joe, welcome and congratulations.
It is amazing the imprint that chew/nicotine has left on our brains. But it was a part of our daily routines for a very long time so it will take time and especially to get through doing all the activities that you have done for years with a chew in.
I remember I used to look forward to picking up dog shit in the backyard, you know why, I got to have a chew in quiet (hid it from my wife and family). The first time I did it without a chew, it was terrible...
But there are a lot of things that are still fun without a chew, fishing, hunting, golfing, etc.
Anyways just a trip down memory lane.
Join us post roll, and read up, there is a wealth of quit knowledge here.
ID Spuds 887 days free
Great job and welcome! You're kicking nicks ass, no reason to do it aloneÂ… I would have never made it to 1142 days alone. Find your group and post up with them. Make your promise every day.

Banjo
We get it, but the good news is, it will pass and you will feel so much beeter day after day. There's reason we take it one day at time. Keep posting roll early and honor that promise. Proud to quit with you today.

Offline Banjosteve

• Quitter
  • Interests: playing banjo and guitar, fly fishing , hiking, biking. My kids.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Idaho
Hey guys my name is Joe, I'm 45 days strong right now. My last pinch was December 6th 2016 @ 9am. I went cold turkey and it was the best decision I could have made. I suffered through 1 week of hell and then it started getting better and better. I think this week is the first week that the good days have out weighed the bad. It wasn't so much that I had a lot of bad days. It was just the ones I did were really rough. I feel like I am slowly starting to feel like myself again, slowly but surely. After tens years of a tin a day I never thought I would be at this point but here I am! The reason I am reaching out at this point in my quiting process, because I'm looking for people who have experienced what I'm going through and who get how I am feeling especially on those really bad days.

Joe
It is amazing the imprint that chew/nicotine has left on our brains. But it was a part of our daily routines for a very long time so it will take time and especially to get through doing all the activities that you have done for years with a chew in.
I remember I used to look forward to picking up dog shit in the backyard, you know why, I got to have a chew in quiet (hid it from my wife and family). The first time I did it without a chew, it was terrible...
But there are a lot of things that are still fun without a chew, fishing, hunting, golfing, etc.
ID Spuds 887 days free
Great job and welcome! You're kicking nicks ass, no reason to do it aloneÂ… I would have never made it to 1142 days alone. Find your group and post up with them. Make your promise every day.

Banjo

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:07:00 AM »

Joe
Joe,

Your story is so close to mine, I actually thought I was reading one of my own posts! ;o)

Anyway...my name is Jim; I'm nicotine-clean since 11 November 2016. There's a reason why the first week of a quit is called Hell Week, uh? ;o)

We all - universally! - get what you're feeling. I hope to hear more from you in future.

Fraternally,
Jim H.
February 2017 CoQ

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »

Joe
ID Spuds 887 days free

Offline Zutdut17

• Quitter
I have finally made the leap
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »

Joe