Author Topic: Withdrawal sux  (Read 16045 times)

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
Re: Withdrawal sux
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
I have merged your introductions
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of your brothers passing Dale. May you and your family find peace in this difficult time.
Prayers to you and yours. F Cancer...
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2018, 09:30:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: BrianG
Quote from: 30yrAddict
So last night I headed up to Albany Med to say what may be my last goodbye to my older brother, Gary. He's been fighting Prostate cancer for the past 4-5 years. Although there isn't a strong link between smoking and prostate cancer, according to his doctors, the fact that he was a smoker make the cancer a lot more aggressive. The end game is the cancer has spread to his brain, and there is pressure/bleeding. He won't survive being untreated, but he won't survive the surgery to stop the bleed/pressure either.

When I got to the room last night, Gary was knocked out with morphine, seemed somewhat comfortable. I do not think they will let him regain consciousness, which is the right thing for him...... The pain and suffering of his wife, his two beautiful daughters and his son was heart retching. His wife lost it when she told me she signed the DNR because she did not want to see him suffer... she was looking for people to tell her she made the right decision... It was unspeakably sad to have that conversation with her.. I did my best to console, but, there's not much that can be done. 55 years old, leaving a wife that adores him, a 26 year old son, a 20 year old daughter and a 19 year old daughter... too young to have to deal with the loss of their father... Senseless. tragic. no words seem adequate.

As you recall, I had a brother that passed in 2011... soon there will just be me and 1 other brother.

Never again for any reason.

Fuck cancer!
Prayers for you and your family Dale. I am with you, Fuck cancer.
❤?❤
My heart breaks for you and your family.
Prayers up.
Fuck cancer.
You are a great man, 30. You have been one of the rocks of inspiration in my quit, and so many others. As such, you've fought the fight against addiction, and cancer, more than most anyone. Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye, and offer some help for his wife and children. God Bless, brother.
Prayers to you and yours 30.
Always a text away.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »
So last night I headed up to Albany Med to say what may be my last goodbye to my older brother, Gary. He's been fighting Prostate cancer for the past 4-5 years. Although there isn't a strong link between smoking and prostate cancer, according to his doctors, the fact that he was a smoker make the cancer a lot more aggressive. The end game is the cancer has spread to his brain, and there is pressure/bleeding. He won't survive being untreated, but he won't survive the surgery to stop the bleed/pressure either.

When I got to the room last night, Gary was knocked out with morphine, seemed somewhat comfortable. I do not think they will let him regain consciousness, which is the right thing for him...... The pain and suffering of his wife, his two beautiful daughters and his son was heart retching. His wife lost it when she told me she signed the DNR because she did not want to see him suffer... she was looking for people to tell her she made the right decision... It was unspeakably sad to have that conversation with her.. I did my best to console, but, there's not much that can be done. 55 years old, leaving a wife that adores him, a 26 year old son, a 20 year old daughter and a 19 year old daughter... too young to have to deal with the loss of their father... Senseless. tragic. no words seem adequate.

As you recall, I had a brother that passed in 2011... soon there will just be me and 1 other brother.

Fuck cancer!
❤?❤
Prayers up.
Fuck cancer.
You are a great man, 30. You have been one of the rocks of inspiration in my quit, and so many others. As such, you've fought the fight against addiction, and cancer, more than most anyone. Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye, and offer some help for his wife and children. God Bless, brother.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »

Fuck cancer!
❤?❤
Prayers up.
Fuck cancer.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

Fuck cancer!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »

Fuck cancer!

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
Congrats on 7 years quit 30!
Thank you for your leadership and continued guidance.
Thank you :) So awesome to see you folks here in intros paying it forward. I credit my quit to folks like you!
Damn

7 years and they beat me to the congratulations.

30 (Dale) you were one of the first who reached out to me, you are solid a person as I have ever known and I can only say thank you.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
Thank you :) So awesome to see you folks here in intros paying it forward. I credit my quit to folks like you!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
'Birthday' 30
And many more, dip free!

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Ready
Congrats on 6 years quit!!
Thanks for having my back when i need it.
Thank you for being here and showing us there's longevity to a quit!
Badassery.
Thank you! Grateful to be quit, and humbled to be a part of what goes on here.

Thanks for paying it forward!
Thank you sir. You are a mentor.
You Sir, are one hell of a quitter!!! Congrats on the big 6!!!
Congratulations and thanks for paying it back! We all appreciate the quit wisdom you provide!
Thanks Folks :) Grateful to be quit, and grateful for all of you. Keep rockin' the quit! 'oh yeah'
Thank you ^^^^. For all you efforts here. It does not go without notice. Congrats on 6 years of independence and freedom from Nic!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Badassery.

Congratulations and thanks for paying it back! We all appreciate the quit wisdom you provide!
Thanks Folks :) Grateful to be quit, and grateful for all of you. Keep rockin' the quit! 'oh yeah'

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »
Badassery.

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD