Author Topic: Withdrawal sux  (Read 16052 times)

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: Withdrawal sux
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
Congrats on 5 years brother!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
I came in here because I thought the header said Withdrawal Sex!!! Never mind!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »
You're coming up on 5 years, and in case I am not on and around here tomorrow, I needed to come say congratulations on your 5 years quit.

More importantly, I needed to come and give my respect and heartfelt thanks to you for being a strong quit example and for always giving myself and my group the greatest support.

Quit on sir!

Much respect, Chick
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: jimthins
Happy Birthday 30! 'arse'
thanks!.. Don't check in here much, at my age I forget where I put the geritol 5 minutes ago....
Happy birthday olé friend! Miss seeing you in new groups, wish you would come spread the quit gospel! Quit on my brother!
I'll be back to full duty soon pab. almost ready to dive back in.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
thanks!.. Don't check in here much, at my age I forget where I put the geritol 5 minutes ago....
Happy birthday olé friend! Miss seeing you in new groups, wish you would come spread the quit gospel! Quit on my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: 30yrAddict,Dec
Quote from: 30yrAddict,Apr
Day 75

I just found out today that my 50 year old brother's throat cancer has come back with a vengeance.  He now has a trach. He has a tumor growing on his cardioid artery, which the doctors don't have any way to treat.  A max of 5 years is what they give him. 5 years lived more like a sentence than a life....Indeed a sad day for me.  He was a smoker for the last 36 years or so.  He was still smoking in Feb when I saw him, despite going through chemo and radiation.  Reminded me of watching my mother smoking and then strapping the oxygen to her nose.  The oxygen that she needed because of emphysema.  As loot said the other day Addiction is a motherfucker.  And while we are all responsible for ourselves, and nobody forces us to use nicotine, the fact is there is a pusher out there.  That pusher doesn't give a damn about the lives, the misery, the destroyed families. Doesn't care about widows, or orphans.  Doesn't care about cancer. Doesn't care about someone who will never be able to talk again. Doesn't care that I lost my mother when she was 54.  A slow death by asphyxiation.  Or that I will probably loose my brother by the time he is 54.  Doesn't care that he will have surgery after surgery.  Doesn't care that my father has to watch his son in so much misery just like he watched his wife of 35 years. It's enough to break even the strongest of men - and it has.

That pusher only cares to keep you addicted. So the pusher can make money. I am ANGRY.  I HATE THE PUSHER, There is no justice.  There is no revenge to be had except this:  The only thing I can do to get even is to stay quit. And help you do the same.

I'll be back here tomorrow.  And my mission has more resolve than it ever has.  God help big tobacco.
I just got the sad news that Hospice has been called in for my brother. It is going to be a sad Christmas...not much to say except I am filled with sorrow. He is now 51 and it is unlikely that he will see 52.

My brother makes the third person in my family that has been murdered by big tobacco

Grandfather- emphysema

Mother - emphysema

Brother- Throat Cancer

Stay Quit.
Rest in Peace Keith

1960-2011
Happy 55th Keith and happy Mothers Day, Mom. Thinking of you both today.
Nicotine has taken way too much from us. It feels really good to take back as much as we can. Few on this site have done that better than you. You have built a solid quit of accountability and brotherhood and led many of us, who were lost and scared, to the same freedom.

Nicotine is a wicked monster. What it steals and how it steals is no better than crack or meth. But today your bro and mom are smiling at how you have harnessed something that they couldn't. And saved a lot of other lives in the process.

Thank you sir for all that you do here.
What a powerful story. Thoughts and prayers are with you even so many years later. This is eye-opening as to the hatred that we all should have for the company(ies) that would do this to people for no other reason than to make money off of that misery.

My brother is currently on the tail end of cancer treatment (and God-willing he's done with it after that). It was not necessarily a chew-related cancer, but who knows. Nonetheless, he put down the can for awhile during the worst of the treatment, but now he's back at it. Quit drugs, started smoking. Quit smoking, started chewing. I pray everyday that he chooses his health and his family before something like what happened to your brother happens to him. Did I mention he's only 30 years old?

Thanks for posting this story, it has strengthened my resolve to never let nicotine take away the freedom that I am slowly earning back.
Sorry to hear about your brother.. that sucks. I'll keep him in my prayers that the cancer stays away and he finds the desire and courage to quit

Glad you are here, friend.
You're still my Hero, 30. No Homo. (Happy?)
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2015, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Day 75

I just found out today that my 50 year old brother's throat cancer has come back with a vengeance.  He now has a trach. He has a tumor growing on his cardioid artery, which the doctors don't have any way to treat.  A max of 5 years is what they give him. 5 years lived more like a sentence than a life....Indeed a sad day for me.  He was a smoker for the last 36 years or so.  He was still smoking in Feb when I saw him, despite going through chemo and radiation.  Reminded me of watching my mother smoking and then strapping the oxygen to her nose.  The oxygen that she needed because of emphysema.  As loot said the other day Addiction is a motherfucker.  And while we are all responsible for ourselves, and nobody forces us to use nicotine, the fact is there is a pusher out there.  That pusher doesn't give a damn about the lives, the misery, the destroyed families. Doesn't care about widows, or orphans.  Doesn't care about cancer. Doesn't care about someone who will never be able to talk again. Doesn't care that I lost my mother when she was 54.  A slow death by asphyxiation.  Or that I will probably loose my brother by the time he is 54.  Doesn't care that he will have surgery after surgery.  Doesn't care that my father has to watch his son in so much misery just like he watched his wife of 35 years. It's enough to break even the strongest of men - and it has.

That pusher only cares to keep you addicted. So the pusher can make money. I am ANGRY.  I HATE THE PUSHER, There is no justice.  There is no revenge to be had except this:  The only thing I can do to get even is to stay quit. And help you do the same.

I'll be back here tomorrow.  And my mission has more resolve than it ever has.  God help big tobacco.
I just got the sad news that Hospice has been called in for my brother. It is going to be a sad Christmas...not much to say except I am filled with sorrow. He is now 51 and it is unlikely that he will see 52.

My brother makes the third person in my family that has been murdered by big tobacco

Grandfather- emphysema

Mother - emphysema

Brother- Throat Cancer

Stay Quit.
Rest in Peace Keith

1960-2011
Nicotine has taken way too much from us. It feels really good to take back as much as we can. Few on this site have done that better than you. You have built a solid quit of accountability and brotherhood and led many of us, who were lost and scared, to the same freedom.

Nicotine is a wicked monster. What it steals and how it steals is no better than crack or meth. But today your bro and mom are smiling at how you have harnessed something that they couldn't. And saved a lot of other lives in the process.

What a powerful story. Thoughts and prayers are with you even so many years later. This is eye-opening as to the hatred that we all should have for the company(ies) that would do this to people for no other reason than to make money off of that misery.

My brother is currently on the tail end of cancer treatment (and God-willing he's done with it after that). It was not necessarily a chew-related cancer, but who knows. Nonetheless, he put down the can for awhile during the worst of the treatment, but now he's back at it. Quit drugs, started smoking. Quit smoking, started chewing. I pray everyday that he chooses his health and his family before something like what happened to your brother happens to him. Did I mention he's only 30 years old?

Thanks for posting this story, it has strengthened my resolve to never let nicotine take away the freedom that I am slowly earning back.
Sorry to hear about your brother.. that sucks. I'll keep him in my prayers that the cancer stays away and he finds the desire and courage to quit

Glad you are here, friend.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Day 75

Grandfather- emphysema

Mother - emphysema

Brother- Throat Cancer

Stay Quit.
Rest in Peace Keith

1960-2011

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2015, 06:34:00 AM »
Day 75

Grandfather- emphysema

Mother - emphysema

Brother- Throat Cancer

Stay Quit.
Rest in Peace Keith

1960-2011

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2015, 03:14:00 AM »
Day 75

Grandfather- emphysema

Mother - emphysema

Brother- Throat Cancer

Stay Quit.
Rest in Peace Keith

1960-2011

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2014, 03:50:00 AM »
Quote from: schaef418
Can I interest you in $354,000?

If you spent $5 a day on tabbacco and put that same $5 a day into a retirement account growing an average of 7% (historical average of the stock market) you would have $354,000 40 years later....

Thats a lot of payola.
This sounds like Dave Ramsey crazy talk...
Ha. Ha. Dave and 30 are truth tellers!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »

If you spent $5 a day on tabbacco and put that same $5 a day into a retirement account growing an average of 7% (historical average of the stock market) you would have $354,000 40 years later....

Thats a lot of payola.
This sounds like Dave Ramsey crazy talk...

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611

Thats a lot of payola.
'facepalm''
peek-a-boo to you too, razd. 'facepalm''