Author Topic: Previous caver, day 1 again  (Read 12572 times)

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
Re: Previous caver, day 1 again
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »
I’m strong in my quit and resolve today. But I know what can happen as the resolve erodes. I find the most dangerous warning sign is when the nic bitch starts whispering that something (you thought) made you happy can’t be that bad. When you don’t have the daily affirmation of the promise with other quitters she erodes more resolve everyday.

How have some quitters dealt with this? I feel like it wasn’t an issue when posting roll so maybe the answer is that simple. Post roll every day.

emoney

Yeah, post role.

But posting role only works because I know there are quitters on the other side waiting to call me out if I don't show up.

Be that person.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »
I’m strong in my quit and resolve today. But I know what can happen as the resolve erodes. I find the most dangerous warning sign is when the nic bitch starts whispering that something (you thought) made you happy can’t be that bad. When you don’t have the daily affirmation of the promise with other quitters she erodes more resolve everyday.

How have some quitters dealt with this? I feel like it wasn’t an issue when posting roll so maybe the answer is that simple. Post roll every day.

emoney

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
I've decided I am going to leave KTC. The "Veterans" will say it's because I'm an addict and want to go cave. That is not the case. I will quit everyday from now on.

I am leaving because I don't think this is a positive environment. Hopefully some will review this thread and decide wow, we really have become stuck and not able to look at ourselves. I can see that any suggestion turns into a flame war, how dare I suggest something that might help make the mission here top priority? Then the pile on by the rest of the "veterans" "mods" "admins". 

This is just not the environment for me. I'm sure I will not be missed, and I am up for exchanging texts with anyone I've already exchanged digits with. I definitely am rooting for everyone who is quit, even those I have knocked heads with.

I'll be back to lurking, for however long my account is not banned.

emoney
Hey Bud, we in the same group, you can't do that to me  ;.  I went through some of the same things my first time around, and I found that dip will win without strong stubborn people having your back sometimes.  I'm here if you need brother.

Ok I'll stick around for posting roll and being with my group. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't some stubborn assholes here that just back each other up for sake of beating down people, and legitimately prioritize that over improving things.
@emoney  Everybody has an asshole so we all know how to be one. Just stick with posting, helping others in your group and helping others outside your group. I have met some awesome individuals on here which became family to me. I also met some here that are like a hemorrhoid that refuses to heal. You learn which of them they are and just ignore them. The big thing here is to stay quit and help others. My digits are yours for the asking.

Doug

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »
I've decided I am going to leave KTC. The "Veterans" will say it's because I'm an addict and want to go cave. That is not the case. I will quit everyday from now on.

I am leaving because I don't think this is a positive environment. Hopefully some will review this thread and decide wow, we really have become stuck and not able to look at ourselves. I can see that any suggestion turns into a flame war, how dare I suggest something that might help make the mission here top priority? Then the pile on by the rest of the "veterans" "mods" "admins". 

This is just not the environment for me. I'm sure I will not be missed, and I am up for exchanging texts with anyone I've already exchanged digits with. I definitely am rooting for everyone who is quit, even those I have knocked heads with.

emoney
Hey Bud, we in the same group, you can't do that to me  ;.  I went through some of the same things my first time around, and I found that dip will win without strong stubborn people having your back sometimes.  I'm here if you need brother.

Ok I'll stick around for posting roll and being with my group. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't some stubborn assholes here that just back each other up for sake of beating down people, and legitimately prioritize that over improving things.

When I joined this site it felt a bit like joining a college fraternity.  There seemed to be a bit of hazing to get to HOF.  I think most people who post in intros are here to help and to try to get folks on the right track.  Merging introduction threads is normal here - even mine was merged after a site change - and I never caved.  lol

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »

emoney

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »

emoney

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: Any potential quitters out there?
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
We could really use some more quitters in our November group. If you want to feel the best you’ve ever felt then rid your body of that constant dose of poison starting right now. Come and join us and post roll today.

emoney
Like emoney said, come take your life back and enjoy the freedom that comes from being QUIT! You are stronger than a dead plant in a plastic can.

Jump into November and get started on your quit: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2021, 08:13:49 PM »
@emoney

I'll pile on. (Also not a vet, and not past 100days)

What the fuck? Its been 2hrs everything seemed fine here, a bit tense but fine....

By all means argue with anyone you want over anything you want, I'm not sure where the jump to leaving came from? Probably everyone here has stopped on their own at some point, and wound up starting up again. Silly pickle; Have to let some of it slide, or like I said originally: "Fuck them, just ignore them." Its not really a hostile environment, can't change what you are or what you've done. Every mention of addict isn't always a personal attack directed at you. And sure some prodded you with more questions, from the outside, he's doing it to try and make you think.

You realize its been 5 days that you've been back on here. And quite the 5 days you've had. I don't think you're going to get banned for complaining about perceived egos.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 08:21:06 PM by zav3nd »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »
@emoney each quitter only gets one introduction. Feel free to use your intro to journal, ask questions, share victories and reach out to members who have yet to sign up.

But please do not create additional topics in this section of the forum.

Quit on.

Looks like this is in my thread. Either the message was moved manually or moved automatically.

@MNxEngineer

Consider sending these types of messages over PM instead of diluting my thread with administrative /logistical concerns. These types of messages get in the way of the mission here.

If you could, go ahead and remove these last two messages between you and I.
KTC is built on such tenants as honesty, integrity and transparency. As addicts we love to lie, bend the truth and hide things. Because we are fighting an addiction and transparency is important here, we only remove posts on rare occasion, i.e. they stem from a spam account.

@MNxEngineer

The message posted actually does resemble spam. Again, take or leave my recommendation to handle this over a PM in the future, but It seems like the mission of spreading the quit should be the priority without interleaved spam messages. This is adding fuel to my suspicions that ego sometimes trumps the mission with some on this board.
You are free to interpret it how you wish but you don't get to come (back) and dictate the way the site is run.

Instead of arguing with me in here, why don't you take that energy and passion and engage your fellow quitters.

And if by ego you mean me trying to kindly explain why I addressed this here publicly, than so be it. Addicts are a funny bunch I tell ya.

I gave a suggestion. I’m not dictating anything, just pointing out that is likely the reason for a lot of the behavior I see with some. This is one example, another would be members who seem to really enjoy the part about going after cavers then ghost once the caver explains themselves.

Hopefully there isn’t too much “addict speak” in here, that seems to be the favorite fail safe for some to win their arguments. As shown in your last passive aggressive sentence, “addicts are a funny bunch I tell ya”.

So yes, the behavior I am observing right now is an elevated ego that has probably gone unchecked, along with a few others. I’m actually surprised some of your buddies haven’t come to your aid and piled on yet to validate you more.

So quit then.

Show us how bad ass of a quitter you are.

Question though:  you left ktc and failed?  Then you tried on your own and failed?  Maybe you need to slow down, listen to others, and get your quit on.

I'm sorry you miss your friends from last time.  Make more or move on.  Although I'll have every quitters back here any time they need me, I do it so they'll have mine.  That's why I post still...even when my feelings are hurt or I think I'm right.

Why did you leave?

What ya doing differently this time?

Pointing out nonsense from people with large egos who may have lost sight of the goals here is not mutually exclusive to listening to what people have to say.

I will continue to do that at the same time as quitting.

This is not a blaring example, but @wastepanel ‘s post is definitely a slight pile on. Again, trying to invalidate any legitimate criticism of a vet/mod/admins action by attacking my previous cave.

To answer your questions, authentic or not, I left because I felt I didn’t need it anymore. I felt like it was a reminder of dip rather than a reminder not to dip.

What am I doing differently? I plan to keep posting roll here or atleast have someone I’m accountable to make this promise not to use nicotine every day. Not having that is what slowly eroded my mindset.

Not piling on man.  I pointed out the flaw in your logic in that thinking you are more successful on your own.  Spoiler....you're not.

In fact, you know what the success rate (6 months quit) of doing it on your own?  5%.  With group therapy (or ya know...posting roll and making friends and staying quit), it still only rises 30%.  You know why?  There's no fucking magic pill and we are all doing our best to stay quit.  I've done it now for over 10 years.  You know how?  Quitters here help me and I help others.  I ain't guessing what my best way of being quit.  I fucking know.

You think it's a pile on because it stings.  Hard truths do that.  Yeah...there are the assholes that only come out when there's blood and looking to destroy another.  But assholes are everywhere.

You deserve to be quit.  Be quit. 

I asked you why it happened and what you are doing differently now.  I did that because it's what we ask after failure.  If you Dont learn from your mistakes, you are bound to repeat them.  You have failed twice now.  Don't make it a third because of pride.

Fucking grab a hand, walk with somebody, and be quit.  If you're here for followers, go away now.  Quitters are all peers.  Nobody is more quit than anybody else here.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »

emoney
Good luck in your quit...and I don't mean this negatively.
Stick around…I’m sure you will find many positive people here at KTC. Just don’t confuse accountability with negativity. One will help you quit while the other is your addict mind telling you not to listen because it isn’t positive.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:12:41 PM by walterwhite »
You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2021, 07:04:19 PM »

emoney
Good luck in your quit...and I don't mean this negatively.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2021, 06:50:53 PM »

emoney

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2021, 06:46:46 PM »
@emoney each quitter only gets one introduction. Feel free to use your intro to journal, ask questions, share victories and reach out to members who have yet to sign up.

Quit on.

Looks like this is in my thread. Either the message was moved manually or moved automatically.

@MNxEngineer

Consider sending these types of messages over PM instead of diluting my thread with administrative /logistical concerns. These types of messages get in the way of the mission here.

KTC is built on such tenants as honesty, integrity and transparency. As addicts we love to lie, bend the truth and hide things. Because we are fighting an addiction and transparency is important here, we only remove posts on rare occasion, i.e. they stem from a spam account.

@MNxEngineer

The message posted actually does resemble spam. Again, take or leave my recommendation to handle this over a PM in the future, but It seems like the mission of spreading the quit should be the priority without interleaved spam messages. This is adding fuel to my suspicions that ego sometimes trumps the mission with some on this board.
You are free to interpret it how you wish but you don't get to come (back) and dictate the way the site is run.

Instead of arguing with me in here, why don't you take that energy and passion and engage your fellow quitters.

And if by ego you mean me trying to kindly explain why I addressed this here publicly, than so be it. Addicts are a funny bunch I tell ya.

I gave a suggestion. I’m not dictating anything, just pointing out that is likely the reason for a lot of the behavior I see with some. This is one example, another would be members who seem to really enjoy the part about going after cavers then ghost once the caver explains themselves.

Hopefully there isn’t too much “addict speak” in here, that seems to be the favorite fail safe for some to win their arguments. As shown in your last passive aggressive sentence, “addicts are a funny bunch I tell ya”.

So yes, the behavior I am observing right now is an elevated ego that has probably gone unchecked, along with a few others. I’m actually surprised some of your buddies haven’t come to your aid and piled on yet to validate you more.

So quit then.

Question though:  you left ktc and failed?  Then you tried on your own and failed?  Maybe you need to slow down, listen to others, and get your quit on.

I'm sorry you miss your friends from last time.  Make more or move on.  Although I'll have every quitters back here any time they need me, I do it so they'll have mine.  That's why I post still...even when my feelings are hurt or I think I'm right.

Why did you leave?

Pointing out nonsense from people with large egos who may have lost sight of the goals here is not mutually exclusive to listening to what people have to say.

This is not a blaring example, but @wastepanel ‘s post is definitely a slight pile on. Again, trying to invalidate any legitimate criticism of a vet/mod/admins action by attacking my previous cave.

To answer your questions, authentic or not, I left because I felt I didn’t need it anymore. I felt like it was a reminder of dip rather than a reminder not to dip.

What am I doing differently? I plan to keep posting roll here or atleast have someone I’m accountable to make this promise not to use nicotine every day. Not having that is what slowly eroded my mindset.
How about instead of complaining and thinking people aren’t authentic with their questions you just quit for today?  While you’re at it…help someone else do the same. That’s a recipe for success.

Y’all are a bunch of fuckin turds. Emoneys been a fucking hype man to every new quitter since he quit. Been first in new intros. First to welcome people in roll call

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »

Quit on.

@MNxEngineer

@MNxEngineer

So quit then.

Why did you leave?

How about instead of complaining and thinking people aren’t authentic with their questions you just quit for today?  While you’re at it…help someone else do the same. That’s a recipe for success.

How about you stop stop piling on as well @walterwhite ? Maybe go post something positive. I'm not complaining to anyone. I knew the predictable pile on train would arrive at some point. Who else is going to jump in?

You're exhibiting typical addict behavior - gang up on others and validate you're fellow addicts with group think instead of any of you ever admitting you made a mistake, or that you yourselves could actually improve. How long do you want to keep this going? Any other addicts want to jump in?

Oh big surprise, it's another "administrator". Some of you are seriously lost, if this is what you're doing with your time.

Seriously, let's see some positive attitudes here.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:40:38 PM by emoney »

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2021, 06:21:37 PM »

Quit on.

@MNxEngineer

@MNxEngineer

So quit then.

Why did you leave?

You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini