Author Topic: Home from the Hospital  (Read 470 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Home from the Hospital
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
You can do this. Post roll, keep your word, fuck thinking about anything else but staying quit today...and repeat.

I promise you that it gets better. The cravings become less frequent. You can actually hold a thought about something other than nic...for a few minutes, anyway. It just takes time to recover. FIGHT THROUGH IT BROTHER!!!

You're fighting for your life...and that's a fight worth winning!!!

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
PROUD to be quitting with you ....... another March HOFer here ...... stay quit, stay strong and when your strength starts to go, get on here ........ read, post, read ...... thats what has gotten me to day 9 so far ........ if you need anything, let me know.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline 20yearchewer

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Thanks Yankees1 - I'm up in the Albany area...I appreciate the support.

Offline yankees1

• Quitter
  • Interests: baseball...the yanks of course..and finally quitting the shit that controlled my life for 15 yrs..
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote from: brianl
Quote from: 20yearchewer
Thanks Skoal Monster. You are absolutely right. As simple as it sounds, the cliche of mind over matter comes into play here, and the nicotine plays some serious games with my judgment/dizziness/headaches.

Nice to have this as an outlet. I will keep checking out the website and the March group. Posting Roll as well - I have tons to learn, but that is the exciting part.
Welcome Don!

You will find that posting roll every day is very powerful. It's the most important thing we do here. (besides not stuffing your face with shit).

Personally I look forward to posting roll every morning. Then I'll check back on the site a couple times throughout the day to see what everyones up to.

You can do it, and we will help you.

Brian
The Roll Call is a great idea...I went there and put my name under the Support....then realized I need to be listed under the Quitters...I blame it on the fog. Maybe my wife will let me ride the "fog" excuse for a week or two, but sooner or later she'll make me take out the garbage, I just know it. LOL

Thanks for the support Brian.

And I am in NYC if you need a good hrdcore quitter close by-Yankees1
Skoal is gone for good!

Offline 20yearchewer

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Quote from: brianl
Thanks Skoal Monster. You are absolutely right. As simple as it sounds, the cliche of mind over matter comes into play here, and the nicotine plays some serious games with my judgment/dizziness/headaches.

Nice to have this as an outlet. I will keep checking out the website and the March group. Posting Roll as well - I have tons to learn, but that is the exciting part.
Welcome Don!

You will find that posting roll every day is very powerful. It's the most important thing we do here. (besides not stuffing your face with shit).

Personally I look forward to posting roll every morning. Then I'll check back on the site a couple times throughout the day to see what everyones up to.

Brian
The Roll Call is a great idea...I went there and put my name under the Support....then realized I need to be listed under the Quitters...I blame it on the fog. Maybe my wife will let me ride the "fog" excuse for a week or two, but sooner or later she'll make me take out the garbage, I just know it. LOL

Thanks for the support Brian.

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

Welcome Don!

Brian

Offline 20yearchewer

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Hi everyone. What a great site and support group. Congrats to all of you. Refreshing to see this can actually be done.

Just came home last night from my brief hospital stay. I was taken to hospital on December 1st at 10am with heart rate of 220 per minute. I seriously thought I was having a heart attack.  When I arrived via ambulance, the doctor pushed in my stomach and massaged the nerve and my heart rate reurned to 75 per minute. I was diagnosed with SVT (supraventricular tachacardia) which means the nerve near my heart that tells it when to beat, sometimes has a flyer that goes in a circle and causes an extra beat or a longer span of accelerated heartbeats.

The funny thing is, I have had "anxiety / panic attacks" ever since I was 21....so the doctor now thinks I have had this SVT since 21, have had these attacks ever since and now I can get it fixed with a catheter procedure that zaps out the bad nerve with a radio wave...it is a common out patient procedure and feel blessed to know it can be done without much risk.

This cardiologist who helped me in the ER asked if I drink coffee, alcohol or smoke...I said yes, yes and yes, I chew. He said "well, you  won't be doing that anymore right?"  So here I am, a newbie, that doesn't want to chew anymore because it can contribute to rapid heart beat, etc. and I also want to quit because it just is not good for me (i.e. it will limit the time I have with my wife, three kids, etc).

This forum is great and I can tell you the stories you have written about AND The withdrawal symptoms that you have experienced make me feel related to each of you. I am curently in the fog stage, headache stage and craving, craving, craving. I have been using the mint snuff and it is ok, but this is easily the most difficult thing I have done since passing my state's Bar Exam.

I want to thank you in advance and offer my insight to any newbies who are also taking this big step...it is great to know I am not alone and others are around to help out.

Don in NY
Don , you need to start posting roll if you haven't already I believe you'd be in the March group.

Second, this is only as hard as you imagine it to be. You have made the decision to quit, if your prepared to live with that decision regardless of consequence and temptation your quit will be the simplest hard thing you ever did.

Welcome to the ring

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline 20yearchewer

Home from the Hospital
« on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
Hi everyone. What a great site and support group. Congrats to all of you. Refreshing to see this can actually be done.

Just came home last night from my brief hospital stay. I was taken to hospital on December 1st at 10am with heart rate of 220 per minute. I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. When I arrived via ambulance, the doctor pushed in my stomach and massaged the nerve and my heart rate reurned to 75 per minute. I was diagnosed with SVT (supraventricular tachacardia) which means the nerve near my heart that tells it when to beat, sometimes has a flyer that goes in a circle and causes an extra beat or a longer span of accelerated heartbeats.

The funny thing is, I have had "anxiety / panic attacks" ever since I was 21....so the doctor now thinks I have had this SVT since 21, have had these attacks ever since and now I can get it fixed with a catheter procedure that zaps out the bad nerve with a radio wave...it is a common out patient procedure and feel blessed to know it can be done without much risk.

This cardiologist who helped me in the ER asked if I drink coffee, alcohol or smoke...I said yes, yes and yes, I chew. He said "well, you won't be doing that anymore right?" So here I am, a newbie, that doesn't want to chew anymore because it can contribute to rapid heart beat, etc. and I also want to quit because it just is not good for me (i.e. it will limit the time I have with my wife, three kids, etc).

This forum is great and I can tell you the stories you have written about AND The withdrawal symptoms that you have experienced make me feel related to each of you. I am curently in the fog stage, headache stage and craving, craving, craving. I have been using the mint snuff and it is ok, but this is easily the most difficult thing I have done since passing my state's Bar Exam.

I want to thank you in advance and offer my insight to any newbies who are also taking this big step...it is great to know I am not alone and others are around to help out.

Don in NY