Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 760 times)

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Hello all
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: alexf
I'm still here. I didn't take any offense.
Glad to hear it - have you figured out your actual quit date? (The last day you put nicotine in your body?)

And most importantly are you posting roll? It is the cornerstone of how we quit 1 day at a time.

Make sure you read everything in the Welcome Center and everything on this site. There is so much good stuff and the stories will be like you are reading about your own life.

Offline alexf

• Quit Date: 2014-06-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
I'm still here. I didn't take any offense.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Well i have been frequenting this site since June 22 2014 and i have decided i will join. My quit night was June 21 at the Luke Bryan concert. Was not planned at all. Ive chewed Copenhagen long cut roughly from 18 to 27 years old. Now i chewed other stuff to. Started out with pouches then eventually around 21 went full time to long cut and roughly can a day user to 2 cans+ during hunting season or a night of heavy drinking at the camp.. Its been rough. I have not touched chewing tobacco since that night at the concert. I was drinking and i just got real emotional when i went to through that dip in when we got to our seats..i dont know why i got emotional but i just did. I told my gf at that time im done and she kinda looked at me like ya ya you said you cut down before. Something just hit me at that moment.. i knew how bad it was and i just LOVED TO CHEW so bad but i knew if i wanted to stay around for my gf(soon to be wife) and her daughter which i treat as my own, i had to be a man and quit. I took both cans of "old goldy" and threw them under the seats we were sitting in and said "FUCK THIS SHIT, IM DONE!". Needless to say a few hours later i was going nuts, i needed my friend. But she told me stay strong that night. Next morning... well that was terrible as all you know. I did not know of these fakes chews or anything so i was just lost. I was mad at the world, i felt why does chew have to be so bad for you? Regardless i have not touched it since that night. Smokey Mountain classic and wintergreen have been my new friend for now i guess you can say. I go through a can a day about but not always, somedays (weekends) i might not even have it at all. Typically i have my triggers when i need it like hunting, work(im a mechanic), cutting grass, etc.. BUt i will never touch the real stuff again. Id only be cheating myself and my family. I always had a weird addiction to nicotine though, ive smoked probably 5 cigars since that night on vacation, fishing etc. I have no need for another after for days, weeks. When i used to chew i would only dip once or twice on weekends and typically after dinner time i wouldnt dip at all atleast 3-7 days a week. I often wondered if i should try the half strength nicotine herbal to atleast get the nice pick me up but im unsure. I know i had a control on nicotine however it had a control on me to. I know that if i chewed the fake stuff with nicotine id be ok because i refuse to ever touch the real deal. I loved the taste of copenhagen long cut, the flavor, smell, just holding the can. I didnt feel like that with any other chew. Would it be bad if i dabbled with the fake/nicotine chew? Im talking out my ass now but what would be the negatives? I figured if i ever ran out of it, id just chew the fake stuff till i got more, im so done with the real stuff that id suffer if i had to. I feel like typing forever on this topic tonight about my dip use and feelings about it but its almost bed time.. Thank you to all of you! Im getting through it, somehow.
Alex,

I'm not sure if you'll come back and read this but I hope you do. This is a tough-love website and initially you are probably thinking, " what a bunch of assholes - fu*k them". Well it's true - some are assholes, but you know what they also are? Quit. I got called a pussy on my intro for whining about a sore in my mouth and my kids. It actually strengthened my resolve because I knew in my heart that they were right. The bottom line is that people on this site have been through everything you have related to nicotine. I dipped for 22 years. I "tried" to quit many times and failed. This time I haven't failed and it's because of the people on this website and the program that we follow.

If you follow the program it will work and you can finally get the nic bitch out of your life. You really won't believe what the FREEDOM feels like when you don't have to worry about where your next nicotine fix comes from.

It sounds like you have smoked cigars since you stopped chewing. Just go back to the last day you put nicotine in your body and that is your quit date. I hope for your sake you come back and give this a chance. If I know the nic bitch (and I do) it will be a few years of HEAVY usage before you attempt to quit again.

Lighty

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Roy
Quote from: mogul
Well i have been frequenting this site since June 22 2014 and i have decided i will join. My quit night was June 21 at the Luke Bryan concert. Was not planned at all. Ive chewed Copenhagen long cut roughly from 18 to 27 years old. Now i chewed other stuff to. Started out with pouches then eventually around 21 went full time to long cut and roughly can a day user to 2 cans+ during hunting season or a night of heavy drinking at the camp.. Its been rough. I have not touched chewing tobacco since that night at the concert. I was drinking and i just got real emotional when i went to through that dip in when we got to our seats..i dont know why i got emotional but i just did. I told my gf at that time im done and she kinda looked at me like ya ya you said you cut down before. Something just hit me at that moment.. i knew how bad it was and i just LOVED TO CHEW so bad but i knew if i wanted to stay around for my gf(soon to be wife) and her daughter which i treat as my own, i had to be a man and quit. I took both cans of "old goldy" and threw them under the seats we were sitting in and said "FUCK THIS SHIT, IM DONE!". Needless to say a few hours later i was going nuts, i needed my friend. But she told me stay strong that night. Next morning... well that was terrible as all you know. I did not know of these fakes chews or anything so i was just lost. I was mad at the world, i felt why does chew have to be so bad for you? Regardless i have not touched it since that night. Smokey Mountain classic and wintergreen have been my new friend for now i guess you can say. I go through a can a day about but not always, somedays (weekends) i might not even have it at all. Typically i have my triggers when i need it like hunting, work(im a mechanic), cutting grass, etc.. BUt i will never touch the real stuff again. Id only be cheating myself and my family. I always had a weird addiction to nicotine though, ive smoked probably 5 cigars since that night on vacation, fishing etc. I have no need for another after for days, weeks. When i used to chew i would only dip once or twice on weekends and typically after dinner time i wouldnt dip at all atleast 3-7 days a week. I often wondered if i should try the half strength nicotine herbal to atleast get the nice pick me up but im unsure. I know i had a control on nicotine however it had a control on me to. I know that if i chewed the fake stuff with nicotine id be ok because i refuse to ever touch the real deal. I loved the taste of copenhagen long cut, the flavor, smell, just holding the can. I didnt feel like that with any other chew. Would it be bad if i dabbled with the fake/nicotine chew? Im talking out my ass now but what would be the negatives? I figured if i ever ran out of it, id just chew the fake stuff till i got more, im so done with the real stuff that id suffer if i had to. I feel like typing forever on this topic tonight about my dip use and feelings about it but its almost bed time.. Thank you to all of you! Im getting through it, somehow.
Alex, when I read this it looks to me like you are tobacco free but not nicotine free. Would that be correct?
Alex,

I have the same questions that mogul did. I tried to break down a few statements from your post that jumped out to me and I will respond to each accordingly.

You said, "I always had a weird addiction to nicotine though,"
My response: No shit! That's why every single one of us are here. Nic is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

You said, "ive smoked probably 5 cigars since that night on vacation, fishing etc. "
My response: On this website, the definition of quitting is ZERO nicotine. If you have had a cigar, then you have not quit. Your quit date will be from the last time you ever used nicotine.

You said, "I often wondered if i should try the half strength nicotine herbal to atleast get the nice pick me up but im unsure. "
My response: No. Do not try anything with nicotine.

You said, "I know i had a control on nicotine however it had a control on me to. "
My response: You have never had a control on nicotine.

You said, "I know that if i chewed the fake stuff with nicotine id be ok because i refuse to ever touch the real deal. "
My response: If you chew anything with nicotine, you are not quit. Nic is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

You said, "I loved the taste of copenhagen long cut, the flavor, smell, just holding the can. "
My response: If you want to live, you will stop romanticizing nicotine.

You said, "Would it be bad if i dabbled with the fake/nicotine chew?"
My response: Yes. Nic (in any form) is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

All that being said, if all of us can quit, you can too!! We are here to help. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM and I will help in any way possible.

I am quit with you today!!
Yes. Please clarify for us. No nic allowed here.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Alex, when I read this it looks to me like you are tobacco free but not nicotine free. Would that be correct?
Alex,

I have the same questions that mogul did. I tried to break down a few statements from your post that jumped out to me and I will respond to each accordingly.

You said, "I always had a weird addiction to nicotine though,"
My response: No shit! That's why every single one of us are here. Nic is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

You said, "ive smoked probably 5 cigars since that night on vacation, fishing etc. "
My response: On this website, the definition of quitting is ZERO nicotine. If you have had a cigar, then you have not quit. Your quit date will be from the last time you ever used nicotine.

You said, "I often wondered if i should try the half strength nicotine herbal to atleast get the nice pick me up but im unsure. "
My response: No. Do not try anything with nicotine.

You said, "I know i had a control on nicotine however it had a control on me to. "
My response: You have never had a control on nicotine.

You said, "I know that if i chewed the fake stuff with nicotine id be ok because i refuse to ever touch the real deal. "
My response: If you chew anything with nicotine, you are not quit. Nic is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

You said, "I loved the taste of copenhagen long cut, the flavor, smell, just holding the can. "
My response: If you want to live, you will stop romanticizing nicotine.

You said, "Would it be bad if i dabbled with the fake/nicotine chew?"
My response: Yes. Nic (in any form) is a BITCH and she will kill your ass dead if you don't decide to kick her to the curb!

All that being said, if all of us can quit, you can too!! We are here to help. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM and I will help in any way possible.

I am quit with you today!!
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
I have no idea what you just said there, guy, but I'll spell out some of the finer points of KTC for you. I hope this clears up any confusion:

1) Post roll first thing every single day.
2) Post roll first thing every single day.
3) Post roll first thing every single day.
4) This is a no (as in, ZERO/0.0) nicotine site. No cigars, no nicotine lozenges, no pipes, no vaping through a crack pipe, no nothing.
5) We quit cold turkey here. That means no weaning, no dabbling, no "only on the weekends", no nothing.
6) We quit one day at a time. Nothing more and nothing less. Keeps things manageable.
7) Reach out to your quit brothers and start exchanging digits. Having others to text in times of need will be a massive lifeline. DO NOT ignore this part.
8) Post roll first thing every single day.
9) Post roll first thing every single day.
10) Post roll first thing every single day.
Exactly what Tuco says here.

Lemme add, read and be active on this site.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
I have no idea what you just said there, guy, but I'll spell out some of the finer points of KTC for you. I hope this clears up any confusion:

1) Post roll first thing every single day.
2) Post roll first thing every single day.
3) Post roll first thing every single day.
4) This is a no (as in, ZERO/0.0) nicotine site. No cigars, no nicotine lozenges, no pipes, no vaping through a crack pipe, no nothing.
5) We quit cold turkey here. That means no weaning, no dabbling, no "only on the weekends", no nothing.
6) We quit one day at a time. Nothing more and nothing less. Keeps things manageable.
7) Reach out to your quit brothers and start exchanging digits. Having others to text in times of need will be a massive lifeline. DO NOT ignore this part.
8) Post roll first thing every single day.
9) Post roll first thing every single day.
10) Post roll first thing every single day.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: Thumblewort
Wall of text hurting my middle-aged eyes, no roll call, quit for months already, cannot process.........
^^^^ yep. but quit on brother, embrace the site, post roll, read everything and include some spacing and paragraphs.
You could have just said...
I "joined" 3 months ago, I don't need any brotherhood or accountability to complete my quit formula, Just wanted you to know how great I am all by myself!

We are here if you need us. The price of admission is posting roll everyday.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Wall of text hurting my middle-aged eyes, no roll call, quit for months already, cannot process.........
^^^^ yep. but quit on brother, embrace the site, post roll, read everything and include some spacing and paragraphs.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Keep posting roll. Don't miss a day.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline alexf

• Quit Date: 2014-06-21
Hello all
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »