Author Topic: How'd I get here?  (Read 484 times)

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: How'd I get here?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
The good news is that after three days, all the nicotine is out of your system. We call that hung over feeling the fog. It's our poisoned nuero transmitters screaming for more poison. Pretty messed up, huh? You perfectly described the suck. You don't ever want to go through the suck again. To insure that doesn't happen, we make a daily commitment to a bunch of quit brothers and ourselves to obstain for a day. It's a proven method and it is infallible. Get yourself on roll call and you'll never have to go through this again, breaking the chains daily.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: 17YearsASlave
17 years. I can't believe it! I've dipped for 1/2 of my life. I just finished day 3 of the of my quit. Never really tried quitting before this, never really was ready. Fell asleep Saturday evening, woke up and decided to head to bed instead of throwing in a dip. Woke up the next morning and said, "eff it. I'm done." At 8:15 tonight I hit the 72-hour mark. This is the 1st time I haven't had any Nic in my system since I was a junior in high school.

So far, a few things. This feels like being hungover off the crappiest vodka possible. It's awfully hard to focus on anything right now. Another thing is that I'm pooping like crazy. Of course, I'm also struggling to sleep. Big moment came yesterday when I threw out 4-full cans of dip, I know I'll have the temptation, but now I don't have the access,

Great site. Not sure what to do next
Congratulations on throwing that poison out. Find the welcome center, learn how to post Roll. See when you post Roll you give your word to not use nic for 24 hours. You can make it 24 ,hell you made it 72 by yourself! Post Roll and advice will come flowing! I quit with you today!
Posting roll opens up a lot of support here. You will become a member of a quit group that is going through this with you. Why quit alone when you can share your quit with others? Being here every day to post your promise will make it more real for you and might answer that "what next?" question.
I agree with these professional quitters.
Spend some time here.
Post roll tonight.
Spend more time here.
Keep sharing in this intro page.
Quit just today.
I quit with you.
ODAAT EDD
Rawls 365
I believe.....

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
17 years. I can't believe it! I've dipped for 1/2 of my life. I just finished day 3 of the of my quit. Never really tried quitting before this, never really was ready. Fell asleep Saturday evening, woke up and decided to head to bed instead of throwing in a dip. Woke up the next morning and said, "eff it. I'm done." At 8:15 tonight I hit the 72-hour mark. This is the 1st time I haven't had any Nic in my system since I was a junior in high school.

So far, a few things. This feels like being hungover off the crappiest vodka possible. It's awfully hard to focus on anything right now. Another thing is that I'm pooping like crazy. Of course, I'm also struggling to sleep. Big moment came yesterday when I threw out 4-full cans of dip, I know I'll have the temptation, but now I don't have the access,

Congratulations on throwing that poison out. Find the welcome center, learn how to post Roll. See when you post Roll you give your word to not use nic for 24 hours. You can make it 24 ,hell you made it 72 by yourself! Post Roll and advice will come flowing! I quit with you today!
Posting roll opens up a lot of support here. You will become a member of a quit group that is going through this with you. Why quit alone when you can share your quit with others? Being here every day to post your promise will make it more real for you and might answer that "what next?" question.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 17YearsASlave

• Likes Given: 0
How'd I get here?
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »