Author Topic: 1st day  (Read 964 times)

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1st day
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
The dude may not have much quit in him....
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Zooted
I have never felt this determined to quit. I feel better now that I know I'm not going to allow myself to give in. Thanks again
good to keep updating your intro... but you need to post roll in Nov 13
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Zooted

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
I have never felt this determined to quit. I feel better now that I know I'm not going to allow myself to give in. Thanks again

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Hey first time poster here and 3rd attempt at quitting. I'm 25 and I've been dipping since I was 19. I tried to quit last year with an ecig that actually worked great, and I highly reccomend it. I didn't have a dip for 2 weeks and was only using the ecig twice a day. I thought I was off the wagon but I lost the damn thing. I freaked because I didn't have money for another one. So I easily talked myself into getting a can of grizzly. My 2nd attempt was cold turkey. I managed to make it to day 4 when I had an anxiety attack. This time I'm serious! No more laziness and stomach problems. I've got a few bags of sunflower seeds for the oral fixation, and some tylanol. I'm so glad I found this site! So many great success stories. Wish me luck.
Zoot, glad your hear bub. No trying allowed. You either do or don't. Also, the is no luck involved as I ave heard many vets say. You make the choice to stay nic free and prevent any craves from getting you. There is nothing special about any of us quitters here. The only difference between us and you is that your on day 1 and we are not. How did this happen. WE BEEN SLAMMIN THE KTC KOOLAID BY THE GALLON. Glad you found the site now start chuggin!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you pass out we will help out.
'Sing and Drink'

Quit with us DUCK! QUACK! QUACK!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Congrats on making a life changing decision. You're a young buck so you should have plenty of fight in you which is good as you will need it.

The tools to quit are here so use them. Dig in deep and get ready for the fight of your life. It is not going to be a fun or an easy ride but it will be worth it. I'm just on my first hour of quit but I have been on that hour for 557 hours, you see....we only make it through an hour at a time...simple enough...right?

Text me if you need help or just want to talk, my number is in your inbox.
Welcome to the site. I would highly recommend you forget everything you know about quitting before today... That's my recommendation. Listen to all these quitters here.

THESE METHODS WORK!!!

Post roll everyday and keep your word. One day at a time and you can have a lot what the poison has stolen. Never again for Any reason and you can keep it. Will be looking for your roll post.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Congrats on making a life changing decision. You're a young buck so you should have plenty of fight in you which is good as you will need it.

The tools to quit are here so use them. Dig in deep and get ready for the fight of your life. It is not going to be a fun or an easy ride but it will be worth it. I'm just on my first hour of quit but I have been on that hour for 557 hours, you see....we only make it through an hour at a time...simple enough...right?

Text me if you need help or just want to talk, my number is in your inbox.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
Cold turkey is the only way to go. Great choice, Zoot!!!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Quote from: dabean22
Zooted, Welcome to November. I have been calling us the "SkyDivers" because I really like the analogy. The first step is a big one but that's where the real fun starts. As others have mentioned, your quit starts when you decide to not use any form of nicotine. That's when the fun begins. This will be as easy or as hard as your attitude allows it to be. Think of your craving as a little nic monster living inside you. You created him when you had your very first exposure to nicotine and have been feeding him ever since. When you have a crave, it really helps to envision that little monster inside you pouting and kicking and screaming as he throws a tantrum for nicotine. It is not you that wants it, it's the little monster that you are starving. Thinking of it as a separate entity helped me laugh and smile when I had a crave. I actually got to the point where I enjoyed the crave because it was like a "death rattle" of the vile little demon. It is important to realize that I know I am an addict.

"Hello, My name is DaBean22 and I am an addict"
"Hello DaBean22"

That little demon will never completely die in me. I will starve him into near extinction but he won't actually die. From time to time, he will pull his head up from the dark place he hides and whisper softly "just one won't hurt you" or "you won't get addicted this time". It is for that reason that I stay diligent. I first thought that I would only post here for the first 100 days. Now, I don't have any intention to ever stop. I quit every day, one day at a time but I tell you what, when I hit day 7,300 I'll make sure to throw a party for everyone to come to and I hate throwing parties. I say this to make sure you realize that you, like all addicts, will never ever be able to have nicotine without waking up the monster fully. There is a great freedom in that. In past attempts, what I was really doing was to see if I could stop for long enough for the cravings to go away. This was a complete failure on my part because I was essentially waiting for me to grow out of being an addict. I could never succeed that way. Now, I realize that I am done. completely. permanently. Now I can start living my life one day at a time. I couldn't live my life ODAAT before because I was waiting for me to change. Don't wait for the change..... Just put on the November parachute and jump. We've got your back every day. Don't look back. The plane is going to crash anyway. Welcome to November. Let's enjoy the ride together.
DaBeen is speaking truth. Take it in. Once you picture the nicbitch as separate from you, you will take joy in beating it down. You will feel empowered every time you steal a crave from it. It becomes a very winnable fight, instead of a miserable drudgery. Learn to hate what the nicbitch has done to you. How it controlled you while convincing you you liked being led around on a leash.
You can do this. PM if you need anything.
Glad to be quit with you today.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
Zooted, Welcome to November. I have been calling us the "SkyDivers" because I really like the analogy. The first step is a big one but that's where the real fun starts. As others have mentioned, your quit starts when you decide to not use any form of nicotine. That's when the fun begins. This will be as easy or as hard as your attitude allows it to be. Think of your craving as a little nic monster living inside you. You created him when you had your very first exposure to nicotine and have been feeding him ever since. When you have a crave, it really helps to envision that little monster inside you pouting and kicking and screaming as he throws a tantrum for nicotine. It is not you that wants it, it's the little monster that you are starving. Thinking of it as a separate entity helped me laugh and smile when I had a crave. I actually got to the point where I enjoyed the crave because it was like a "death rattle" of the vile little demon. It is important to realize that I know I am an addict.

"Hello, My name is DaBean22 and I am an addict"
"Hello DaBean22"

That little demon will never completely die in me. I will starve him into near extinction but he won't actually die. From time to time, he will pull his head up from the dark place he hides and whisper softly "just one won't hurt you" or "you won't get addicted this time". It is for that reason that I stay diligent. I first thought that I would only post here for the first 100 days. Now, I don't have any intention to ever stop. I quit every day, one day at a time but I tell you what, when I hit day 7,300 I'll make sure to throw a party for everyone to come to and I hate throwing parties. I say this to make sure you realize that you, like all addicts, will never ever be able to have nicotine without waking up the monster fully. There is a great freedom in that. In past attempts, what I was really doing was to see if I could stop for long enough for the cravings to go away. This was a complete failure on my part because I was essentially waiting for me to grow out of being an addict. I could never succeed that way. Now, I realize that I am done. completely. permanently. Now I can start living my life one day at a time. I couldn't live my life ODAAT before because I was waiting for me to change. Don't wait for the change..... Just put on the November parachute and jump. We've got your back every day. Don't look back. The plane is going to crash anyway. Welcome to November. Let's enjoy the ride together.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
We do not "attempt" to quit. Here at KTC we just quit. We Quit hard, one day at a time.
Post roll (read about how and why) and keep your word by staying nicotine free, then do the same thing tomorrow.
Glad to be quit with you.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
first man go over to that welcome center linky up top and reed that stuff. speshully #3 how to post up roll.

then you want to find the 'quit groops' at this here linky

and the quit groop you want is 'pre-hof novemember 2013' whats down near the bottum of that page. just rememember the first post you see is the last post made so man you dont need to click or sckroll down or nuthin.

Offline Philly80

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Do I post roll in my thread or some other thread? thanks for the advice
As long as you are Nic free, go here and post roll with your November group:

index.php?showtopic=8568

http://www.killthecan.org/community/how ... tructions/

Offline Zooted

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Do I post roll in my thread or some other thread? thanks for the advice

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
If you were using an e-cig that administers nicotine, then you didn't quit at all that time. Tobacco is not the enemy here. Nicotine is the enemy. Absolutely no nicotine - that is the only way to go.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Hey first time poster here and 3rd attempt at quitting. I'm 25 and I've been dipping since I was 19. I tried to quit last year with an ecig that actually worked great, and I highly reccomend it. I didn't have a dip for 2 weeks and was only using the ecig twice a day. I thought I was off the wagon but I lost the damn thing. I freaked because I didn't have money for another one. So I easily talked myself into getting a can of grizzly. My 2nd attempt was cold turkey. I managed to make it to day 4 when I had an anxiety attack. This time I'm serious! No more laziness and stomach problems. I've got a few bags of sunflower seeds for the oral fixation, and some tylanol. I'm so glad I found this site! So many great success stories. Wish me luck.
Welcome to your new Quit, you didn't quit previously you stopped. Remember to post roll, read directions on how to and understand that when you post role you promise to everyone and yourself that you quit. Although your quit is all about you, you have to want it but everyone here will take your promise seriously as should you.

Deck in your PM inbox as you have a message coming from me to help you get acquainted.

Then you should be joining the November 13 group. They are newbies like you but they have a good group forming thus far. Go play in the sandbox, read everything you can on here and come post daily.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13