Author Topic: 10 days down...first post. thanks for having me.  (Read 475 times)

Offline coolcop

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love working in law enforcement, spending time with my kids, helping people, and good music.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 10 days down...first post. thanks for having me.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Lonewolf
Lonewolf day 9 Sucks to be me....
Ah, being you sucked even more when you dipped. Same for me. I was much worse off with that ticking timebomb in my lip.

Offline Lonewolf

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Lonewolf day 9 Sucks to be me....

Offline coolcop

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love working in law enforcement, spending time with my kids, helping people, and good music.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: TuckFobacco
Quote from: coolcop
dear KTC,

I have been told that I should start a post and let people know I'm here. I have chewed grizzly wintergreen and smoked Marlboro s (off and on switching) for 4 years now. I'm 21 and always told myself I would quit when I turned 21, seeing as I am almost 22 now I guess its about time to start quitting. I just fell into dipping, I wrestled in high school and some of my teammates chewed and so did my brother. I quickly learned why DARE tells you not to use tobacco, its addictive. I'm ashamed I let it control my actions, I would put a dip in if something good happened or to cope with stress and difficult times in my life. I would always use it as a reward system to study, "Just put a dip in and pump out some note cards." I'll be honest its a lot of fun to dip, that buzz gives you a quick shot of adrenaline that helps you focus. But what you don't realize, until you have been using it for a while is how tired it really makes you, it just drains your energy.  I have quit for a month or so before just to prove a point to myself (while using NRT), but I would fold after my conscience gets the best of me saying "just one sweet taste, it won't hurt you" and then I'm back to day 1 again and I'll tell myself I'll quit after this next test, or after this next big event, and I'm fed up with it and I'm just gonna quit, cold turkey. I know I have will power I guess its about time to use it.

-Ben

Congrats on your decision to quit! KTC members will be here for you every step of the way. Just make sure you get some numbers and don't be a fucktard and cave when you haven't even called or texted someone for help. That's all we ask. Get in roll and post...every freaking day!! nuf sed...

how do I get numbers? and I promise not to be a fucktard.

haha I'm sure. To get numbers just ask for them in chat (someone will go private and give you one there). Or send someone a message asking for theirs and give them yours. It's that simple. I'll start by giving you mine. Check your inbox. I'll help any way I can.

Offline TuckFobacco

• Interests: im also quitting wow at the moment, surprisingly they go perfectly hand in hand. wrestling, and watching baseball.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: coolcop
dear KTC,

I have been told that I should start a post and let people know I'm here. I have chewed grizzly wintergreen and smoked Marlboro s (off and on switching) for 4 years now. I'm 21 and always told myself I would quit when I turned 21, seeing as I am almost 22 now I guess its about time to start quitting. I just fell into dipping, I wrestled in high school and some of my teammates chewed and so did my brother. I quickly learned why DARE tells you not to use tobacco, its addictive. I'm ashamed I let it control my actions, I would put a dip in if something good happened or to cope with stress and difficult times in my life. I would always use it as a reward system to study, "Just put a dip in and pump out some note cards." I'll be honest its a lot of fun to dip, that buzz gives you a quick shot of adrenaline that helps you focus. But what you don't realize, until you have been using it for a while is how tired it really makes you, it just drains your energy.  I have quit for a month or so before just to prove a point to myself (while using NRT), but I would fold after my conscience gets the best of me saying "just one sweet taste, it won't hurt you" and then I'm back to day 1 again and I'll tell myself I'll quit after this next test, or after this next big event, and I'm fed up with it and I'm just gonna quit, cold turkey. I know I have will power I guess its about time to use it.

-Ben

Congrats on your decision to quit! KTC members will be here for you every step of the way. Just make sure you get some numbers and don't be a fucktard and cave when you haven't even called or texted someone for help. That's all we ask. Get in roll and post...every freaking day!! nuf sed...

how do I get numbers? and I promise not to be a fucktard.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
dear KTC,

I have been told that I should start a post and let people know I'm here. I have chewed grizzly wintergreen and smoked Marlboro s (off and on switching) for 4 years now. I'm 21 and always told myself I would quit when I turned 21, seeing as I am almost 22 now I guess its about time to start quitting. I just fell into dipping, I wrestled in high school and some of my teammates chewed and so did my brother. I quickly learned why DARE tells you not to use tobacco, its addictive. I'm ashamed I let it control my actions, I would put a dip in if something good happened or to cope with stress and difficult times in my life. I would always use it as a reward system to study, "Just put a dip in and pump out some note cards." I'll be honest its a lot of fun to dip, that buzz gives you a quick shot of adrenaline that helps you focus. But what you don't realize, until you have been using it for a while is how tired it really makes you, it just drains your energy. I have quit for a month or so before just to prove a point to myself (while using NRT), but I would fold after my conscience gets the best of me saying "just one sweet taste, it won't hurt you" and then I'm back to day 1 again and I'll tell myself I'll quit after this next test, or after this next big event, and I'm fed up with it and I'm just gonna quit, cold turkey. I know I have will power I guess its about time to use it.

-Ben

Welcome aboard. It's a good day to quit. You must refuse to be a statistic anymore. Once I realized the only way to quit and stay quit is if I accept the responsibility of controlling my own actions. A little can no longer controls my actions, thoughts, emotions, MY DESTINY. I DO! There is no going back from here or I am that statistic I refuse to be. You are in not only the fight of your life but the fight for it.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline coolcop

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
dear KTC,

I have been told that I should start a post and let people know I'm here. I have chewed grizzly wintergreen and smoked Marlboro s (off and on switching) for 4 years now. I'm 21 and always told myself I would quit when I turned 21, seeing as I am almost 22 now I guess its about time to start quitting. I just fell into dipping, I wrestled in high school and some of my teammates chewed and so did my brother. I quickly learned why DARE tells you not to use tobacco, its addictive. I'm ashamed I let it control my actions, I would put a dip in if something good happened or to cope with stress and difficult times in my life. I would always use it as a reward system to study, "Just put a dip in and pump out some note cards." I'll be honest its a lot of fun to dip, that buzz gives you a quick shot of adrenaline that helps you focus. But what you don't realize, until you have been using it for a while is how tired it really makes you, it just drains your energy. I have quit for a month or so before just to prove a point to myself (while using NRT), but I would fold after my conscience gets the best of me saying "just one sweet taste, it won't hurt you" and then I'm back to day 1 again and I'll tell myself I'll quit after this next test, or after this next big event, and I'm fed up with it and I'm just gonna quit, cold turkey. I know I have will power I guess its about time to use it.

-Ben

Offline TuckFobacco

• Interests: im also quitting wow at the moment, surprisingly they go perfectly hand in hand. wrestling, and watching baseball.
10 days down...first post. thanks for having me.
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
dear KTC,

-Ben