Author Topic: I must do this...  (Read 604 times)

Offline cjs2006

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I must do this...
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
]I am going to wage this struggle without people in my life knowing and some of my good friends not ready to quit

Riddle me this....... Why are you not telling the people in your life your quitting?

hint- you've already caved in your head

Tell em all
I agree, tell them all. I have, my whole family knows, and I am a girl, and that is even more embarrassing.

If they all know, then they are all watching, and it makes it harder to mess up :)

cindy
Quit: 12/11/2009, 2:30 p.m. central standard time

Offline WaveRider26

• Quitter
  • Interests: Surfing, baseball, running, and coaching
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
I decided to tell my brother and he said he would be there to support me 100%, really glad I did that...thanks for the advice. Still going strong, not even really craving the shit, just anxious to put this problem further and further behind me.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:00 AM »
]I am going to wage this struggle without people in my life knowing and some of my good friends not ready to quit

Riddle me this....... Why are you not telling the people in your life your quitting?

hint- you've already caved in your head

Tell em all
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline WaveRider26

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Thanks Ready  Mule21

I will definitely be on this site a lot from now on! I have already felt inspired and hopeful about this quit because of the courage in the face of fear that I have seen people on this site demonstrate during their quits.

I am going to wage this struggle without people in my life knowing and some of my good friends not ready to quit :( , I appreciate your support and help!

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Quote from: WaveRider26
Hello Everybody

My name is Steve and I am 25 years old. I have been dipping off and on for about 7 years. I hate the fact that I ever got involved with the shit! Over the past five years I have told myself that I am going to quit and never dip again, but inevitably I would dip again. I despise myself at the moment for having something in my life that I cannot control. The feelings of guilt and shame have kept me tobacco free for the last 9 days, but I know those feelings will subside and I will be tempted to fall back into the trap. That is why I am here looking for support and advice from people who are going through the same thing that I am. I must and I will quit using tobacco for the rest of my life, and i feel that this community can do nothing but help me in this accomplishment, and I know that I can help others if they need me. Thank you for having this website...reading some of the HOF speeches have already helped me the last few days.

how do I join a quit group?

Lets do this shit guys!
Welcome...pull up a chair and quit a while.

read, read, read and read some more. There is nothing you will face that is new....every situation/crave has been dealt with by some quitter that has blazed the trail ahead of you.

lot of quittin experience scattered among these threads........find it.

Sing out if i can help

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
Welcome WaveRider26. You have found the best place to quit and stay that way. All of the tools and support required can be found here. You can do this. We will help.

If today is day - 9, Your quit group is April 2010... here ....

index.php?show...0#entry5459464

Here are some links you may find helpful...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

What to Expect when you quit.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

Symptoms of Quitting dip and chew

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

Contract to give up...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Smokeless alternatives

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

Offline WaveRider26

• Quitter
I must do this...
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Hello Everybody

My name is Steve and I am 25 years old. I have been dipping off and on for about 7 years. I hate the fact that I ever got involved with the shit! Over the past five years I have told myself that I am going to quit and never dip again, but inevitably I would dip again. I despise myself at the moment for having something in my life that I cannot control. The feelings of guilt and shame have kept me tobacco free for the last 9 days, but I know those feelings will subside and I will be tempted to fall back into the trap. That is why I am here looking for support and advice from people who are going through the same thing that I am. I must and I will quit using tobacco for the rest of my life, and i feel that this community can do nothing but help me in this accomplishment, and I know that I can help others if they need me. Thank you for having this website...reading some of the HOF speeches have already helped me the last few days.

how do I join a quit group?

Lets do this shit guys!