Author Topic: Hi new here, quit dip yesterday  (Read 740 times)

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
Re: Hi new here, quit dip yesterday
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
I still have issues with insomnia...I'm assuming it will last a while. I've been taking Capital70's advice and taking a sleep aide. It definitely helps. The last two days I have had a lot of weird sores come up on the sides of my tongue. From what I have read it is normal but I think I'm going to have it checked out to be sure. Thanks for all the support!
Humbled.

Offline -grizznomore-

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-07-02
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 01:36:00 AM »
Glad some of my experience helped someone else out. changes my first thing in the morning habit of putting a dip in, keeps my mouth busy, plus it makes it harder to cave when you put so much time taking care of your gums and teeth. For me anyways. I basically have insomnia since i quit, I got your number saved now from the group text. Love the support so far from you guys

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Quote from: -grizznomore-
Hey whats up, im about 42 hours free of nicotine. I went through at least a can a day for the past 10-11 years. This has been way more intense than i anticipated. Symptoms go from adrenaline, rage, fatigue, cant concentrate, dizzy, intense cravings, extreme anxiety, and sometimes even feel im going crazy? Hard to explain but like nothing is real...lol I dont know how to describe the last part but long story short this sucks. Anyways, plan on sticking this out for the long run, hoping this gets easier sooner than later. I am in the fog stage big time right now. This took like 5 minutes to type just to give you an idea haha

I quit for 2 weeks about 6 months ago. Really want to kick this thing for myself. Things that have been helping is taking extra care of my mouth hygiene ( oil pulling in the morning/evening, flossing), meditating when ''a wave'' hits me, and reading up on here.
Grizz,

Good to be quit with you. I know others have offered their numbers, but if you need one more mine is a PM away.

Wanted to also say "thanks" for the good idea about adding back in the taking care of the mouth routine. I read your intro the other day and started the oil pulling in the mornings and it helps a ton! Looking forward to the dentist next week for the first time in 20 years.

Stay strong and reach out if you need it.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline -grizznomore-

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
Yeah were all in this together, day 5 here still going strong. Same, pm me anytime or ask for number whatever

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »
hey thanks for the comment. Im new here, got one number i talk to in the mornings so far. Looking forward to getting to know you guys better. Really want to cave in but i know i will regret it, plus i made my promise for the day. Were all in this together i guess
I'm pretty new to quitting as well. Let me know if you need any help. I've been using Smokey Mountain snuff. It helps the cravings subside. What sucked the most was I caught a cold two days after I quit. I was a grumpy son of a bitch and the fog was really bad for a few days. PM me of you need anything. You got this, brother!
Humbled.

Offline -grizznomore-

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
hey thanks for the comment. Im new here, got one number i talk to in the mornings so far. Looking forward to getting to know you guys better. Really want to cave in but i know i will regret it, plus i made my promise for the day. Were all in this together i guess

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »
Well done posting roll.
Get to know your group.
You take care of them... One day they will take care of you!
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1326
I believe.....

Offline -grizznomore-

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:03:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for the support, little bit irritable but the worst is over ( i hope ) appreciate all of you

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
Sent you a message with my number! SO glad you took the next step and registered! Lets do this together! Send me those digits so I can be on your ass!!!!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »
Welcome aboard grizz...
It gets better. ODAAT

Sorry for the bad advice EW.
I agree It would be impossible for an addict to avoid doing things associated with dipping
That would be to avoid life.
I'm not avoiding ANYTHING ...... Because EVERYTHING is better without poison.
In the beginning we addicts feel sorry for ourselves .... Like we're missing out.
Thats an half empty cup full of lies..
A half full cup of truth... Is Life is better without nicotine.
Keep reading here on KTC
"Waves" of Addiction.... Can be overcome with boat loads of Truth.
Truth will always set you Free.
Learn how to post roll... Do it today.
Go here : topic/1003072/
Then here :topic/30631963/
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1325
I believe.....

Offline EW3116

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
Hey whats up, im about 42 hours free of nicotine. I went through at least a can a day for the past 10-11 years. This has been way more intense than i anticipated. Symptoms go from adrenaline, rage, fatigue, cant concentrate, dizzy, intense cravings, extreme anxiety, and sometimes even feel im going crazy? Hard to explain but like nothing is real...lol I dont know how to describe the last part but long story short this sucks. Anyways, plan on sticking this out for the long run, hoping this gets easier sooner than later. I am in the fog stage big time right now. This took like 5 minutes to type just to give you an idea haha

I quit for 2 weeks about 6 months ago. Really want to kick this thing for myself. Things that have been helping is taking extra care of my mouth hygiene ( oil pulling in the morning/evening, flossing), meditating when ''a wave'' hits me, and reading up on here.
Grizznomore we’re all here for you man. I’ve quit more times than I can count over the past year...would go 2-3 week stretches and would be doing and feeling great. They say that when you quit, “avoid doing things that you associate with dipping”. This was always BS to me because I used to dip all the time no matter what I was doing. It’s going to suck man, but the difference this time around is that we have each other and this site.

Offline -grizznomore-

• Quitter
Hi new here, quit dip yesterday
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »