Author Topic: 2nd day  (Read 630 times)

Offline bryank530

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2nd day
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
Nice E!

Day 2 and 3 may be the worst for the physical craziness and you are almost through that...

Stay strong and see ya at Roll tomorrow!
Day 1: 1/24/2011 | HOF: 5/3/2011

Offline etook

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Day 2 in the books. made it through this hell day reading on here helps for sure. time to take on day 3

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Day 2, 3, and part of 4 were deffinately 'foggy'. I felt stoned almost. Or like I funneled a beer or 2 on the job. It sucks that I was on the road driving and it was raining like hell. Then that sensation became replaced by a underlying sense of joy (freedom) and energy despite my nights of sleeping not so great. Your body is just wondering where the poison is? It's not used to not being under the influence of nicotine. Get through this. Stay strong.
Get my numer if you need it.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Great choice, etook. 2 days is huge...and dangerous. I only wish I could go back to where you are and quit. I dipped through law school, bar exam, first job, marriage, first child, second child...almost until I was 40 years old. That's how long it took me to grow the balls to post up and stay quit.

This site has been all the difference. No pills, no patch, no anything...except not putting that shit in my face. Day 2 sucks and it will get worse for a while. But no matter how bad it gets, it is oddly awesome...to know that you are breaking free from the Nic Bitch's siren song. Freedom feels great.

Post up, read all you can, and stay quit. There are no short-cuts. Every guy on here has been through what you're going through. We're all addicts, but your light came on long before my dumbass. You can do this. Stay quit, brother.

Don't think about tomorrow, next week, or next year...just one day at a time. Just think about what you can control...right here, right now, this five minutes. It is a choice. You are strong enough to stay quit right now. Post up and swear it. Keep your word all day. And repeat.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
man what you got to do is keep a jernal of how this shit makes you feel. then down the rode when the bitch is temptin ya pull that jernal out. rememember how much it sucked. and ask your self afore you cave 'do i wanna go threw that shit agin, or do i wanna poisin my self slow like?' cause thats what you'll hafta do if you let the bitch back in. my opshun is i dont wanna do eether, so i don't give the bitch a inch. see the suck sucks. thats why we call it the suck. and feedin your self poisin is just plane stoopid. so man imbrase the suck. let it be that hate in your belly for big tabbaco.

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Quote from: etook
i have been chewing for the past 5 years all through college and yesterday i decided that it was time to quit. the first day went pretty good but this 2nd day is absolutly terrible. Working out is what i love to do and could not even do that today because i got to light headed to even finish. today fucking sucks
Welcome aboard brother!

Not gonna lie to you, it's gonna suck. It's gonna take a few days of hell to get it done. But I can promise you that it gets easier.
Stay strong, you got this!!!!

Brian

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Quote from: etook
i have been chewing for the past 5 years all through college and yesterday i decided that it was time to quit. the first day went pretty good but this 2nd day is absolutly terrible. Working out is what i love to do and could not even do that today because i got to light headed to even finish. today fucking sucks
Congrats on the quit decision. As for the work out thing--keeping that dip out of your mouth today is gonna do your body more good then any workout in the next year will, or perhaps every workout for the next year combined. Fight each crave and moment of doubt like you're fighting for that next rep or set!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Hang in there it will pass soon. But congrats on your quit. Look up your group and post roll everyday and stay true to your quit.

Offline etook

2nd day
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »