Author Topic: 10 year dipper getting ready to quit  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 10 year dipper getting ready to quit
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
AJ,

You made a great choice. If you are determined to quit, you will. We're here to help you every step of the way. All we ask is that you support us with your accountability. Post roll, keep your word, white nuckle it if you have to, but stay quit, brother!!!

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
post roll. even if you quit at 8pm, it's still day one.

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: LaQuitter
Quote from: FLORIDA
Quote from: jcook
Quote from: DeezNutzz
Quote from: pokesfan
Hello Everyone,
My name is AJ and I live in Weatherford, OK.  I am an avid hunter, fisherman, golfer, and sit in front of a computer all day for my job as and oil and gas landman.  I started dipping when I was 18 to help keep me awake when I was driving and got hooked.  I am a can to can and a half a day dipper and have tried quitting several times, but never followed through with it.  My job is pretty high stressed and being able to dip where I work means I have a dip in all day.  I have a 21 month old son and I am tired of a can of Red Seal ruling my life.  I can't go anywhere without a can on me and I am tired of the panic I feel when I see I left my can at the house.  My son already watched me dip and I don't want to pass this crap on.  I am tired of my gum line disappearing and high blood pressure.  On the other hand, man I am hooked hard on this stuff and I know it is going to be tough to quit.  I have ordered some snuff alt. and when it gets in I don't plan on ever buying another can.  I am pretty damn nervous about quitting, but know that I can do it.  Anyway there is a little about me and any and all support will be greatly appreciated. 

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com
Welcome to the site AJ. You allready made the hardest decision and that is you dont need that shit! The next few days will be a bit rough. Make sure you post roll every day and dont worry about tomorrow! I thought there was no way in hell I could go through 100 days with out Skoal and tomorrow It will be a hundred. If I can do it I know you can. Make sure you have plenty of candy, seeds the fake stuff, What ever it takes. Promise me and everyone here you will not chew today and before you know it the days will start adding up.
You can do this my brother. Yes it will suck. Remember how bad it sucks because you never want to be there again. Use this site. Read, read and read. Post roll each day with your group. Promise not to use for today. Keep your word, then repeat tomorrow. Treat this as an addiction and you are an addict. You make the decision to use or not to use. You CAN do this!

Proud to be quit. You will be too.
Welcome to ktc Aj

Why dont you quit today instead of waiting for the fake shit in the mail. Go to april quit group and post roll. It is a promise to you and your quit brothers that you will not dip today accountability. Then go to walmart and buy a couple of cans of smokey mountain. Now you are quit and when the fake comes in the mail you will already be quit a couple of days. Alot of us have stressful jobs,marriages,girlfriends, cant pay the bills excuses excuses. You can win not dippig man If you need anything pm me and I will give you my number

Luke
I am a landman as well. I quit last year during a month-long lull in employment.....30+ days with no day rate. Yep, a HUGE amount of stress. But I realized that dipping wasn't going to put me to work, or make the situation any better.

Do yourself a favor, and quit right now, and do as luke suggested and go to Wal Mart for some Smokey Mountain, and start taking control of your life back, one day, one minute at a time.

You can do this. Welcome to the site.
...or you can just stay at home chewing in front of your son while you wait for the fake shit in the mail. If you don't quit now, it will be the U.S. Postal Service's fault when you fail. Fucking snail mail. All it takes is some bullshit excuse and your addiction will win.

Own your quit right now. Flush what you have left and be a real dad.
Welcome AJ. I was just like you, a can a day of Red Seal, on December 17th I found this site while looking for the fake stuff. As I was reading through the site I just decided that there was no reason to wait. I had my last dip that night and posted roll the next morning. I then spent the next day driving around and stopping in every convenience store looking for the fake stuff. That search ate a bunch of time and really got me through the day until I found it. The fake stuff will help with the cravings, but it's not nicotine so your still gonna feel like shit. Just do it tonight, do it tomorrow, just do it the next day, just do it.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: LaQuitter
Hello Everyone,
My name is AJ and I live in Weatherford, OK.  I am an avid hunter, fisherman, golfer, and sit in front of a computer all day for my job as and oil and gas landman.  I started dipping when I was 18 to help keep me awake when I was driving and got hooked.  I am a can to can and a half a day dipper and have tried quitting several times, but never followed through with it.  My job is pretty high stressed and being able to dip where I work means I have a dip in all day.  I have a 21 month old son and I am tired of a can of Red Seal ruling my life.  I can't go anywhere without a can on me and I am tired of the panic I feel when I see I left my can at the house.  My son already watched me dip and I don't want to pass this crap on.  I am tired of my gum line disappearing and high blood pressure.  On the other hand, man I am hooked hard on this stuff and I know it is going to be tough to quit.  I have ordered some snuff alt. and when it gets in I don't plan on ever buying another can.  I am pretty damn nervous about quitting, but know that I can do it.  Anyway there is a little about me and any and all support will be greatly appreciated. 

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com
Welcome to the site AJ. You allready made the hardest decision and that is you dont need that shit! The next few days will be a bit rough. Make sure you post roll every day and dont worry about tomorrow! I thought there was no way in hell I could go through 100 days with out Skoal and tomorrow It will be a hundred. If I can do it I know you can. Make sure you have plenty of candy, seeds the fake stuff, What ever it takes. Promise me and everyone here you will not chew today and before you know it the days will start adding up.
You can do this my brother. Yes it will suck. Remember how bad it sucks because you never want to be there again. Use this site. Read, read and read. Post roll each day with your group. Promise not to use for today. Keep your word, then repeat tomorrow. Treat this as an addiction and you are an addict. You make the decision to use or not to use. You CAN do this!

Welcome to ktc Aj

Why dont you quit today instead of waiting for the fake shit in the mail. Go to april quit group and post roll. It is a promise to you and your quit brothers that you will not dip today accountability. Then go to walmart and buy a couple of cans of smokey mountain. Now you are quit and when the fake comes in the mail you will already be quit a couple of days. Alot of us have stressful jobs,marriages,girlfriends, cant pay the bills excuses excuses. You can win not dippig man If you need anything pm me and I will give you my number

Luke
I am a landman as well. I quit last year during a month-long lull in employment.....30+ days with no day rate. Yep, a HUGE amount of stress. But I realized that dipping wasn't going to put me to work, or make the situation any better.

Do yourself a favor, and quit right now, and do as luke suggested and go to Wal Mart for some Smokey Mountain, and start taking control of your life back, one day, one minute at a time.

...or you can just stay at home chewing in front of your son while you wait for the fake shit in the mail. If you don't quit now, it will be the U.S. Postal Service's fault when you fail. Fucking snail mail. All it takes is some bullshit excuse and your addiction will win.

Own your quit right now. Flush what you have left and be a real dad.

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com

Welcome to ktc Aj

Luke

Quit: Saturday, May 2, 2009
HOF: Monday, August 10, 2009

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline FLORIDA LUKE

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com

Welcome to ktc Aj

Luke
FLORIDALUKE
GUARD DEC 2010

HOF 12/23/2010
2nd 04/02/2011
3rd 07/11/2011
1 Year 09/14/2011
4th 10/19/2011
5th 01/27/2012

YOUR MIND IS YOUR MOST POWERFUL DRUG.

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com

"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline DeezNutzz

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is AJ and I live in Weatherford, OK. I am an avid hunter, fisherman, golfer, and sit in front of a computer all day for my job as and oil and gas landman. I started dipping when I was 18 to help keep me awake when I was driving and got hooked. I am a can to can and a half a day dipper and have tried quitting several times, but never followed through with it. My job is pretty high stressed and being able to dip where I work means I have a dip in all day. I have a 21 month old son and I am tired of a can of Red Seal ruling my life. I can't go anywhere without a can on me and I am tired of the panic I feel when I see I left my can at the house. My son already watched me dip and I don't want to pass this crap on. I am tired of my gum line disappearing and high blood pressure. On the other hand, man I am hooked hard on this stuff and I know it is going to be tough to quit. I have ordered some snuff alt. and when it gets in I don't plan on ever buying another can. I am pretty damn nervous about quitting, but know that I can do it. Anyway there is a little about me and any and all support will be greatly appreciated.

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com
I am the Foo that Mr. T Pittied

Offline pokesfan

10 year dipper getting ready to quit
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is AJ and I live in Weatherford, OK. I am an avid hunter, fisherman, golfer, and sit in front of a computer all day for my job as and oil and gas landman. I started dipping when I was 18 to help keep me awake when I was driving and got hooked. I am a can to can and a half a day dipper and have tried quitting several times, but never followed through with it. My job is pretty high stressed and being able to dip where I work means I have a dip in all day. I have a 21 month old son and I am tired of a can of Red Seal ruling my life. I can't go anywhere without a can on me and I am tired of the panic I feel when I see I left my can at the house. My son already watched me dip and I don't want to pass this crap on. I am tired of my gum line disappearing and high blood pressure. On the other hand, man I am hooked hard on this stuff and I know it is going to be tough to quit. I have ordered some snuff alt. and when it gets in I don't plan on ever buying another can. I am pretty damn nervous about quitting, but know that I can do it. Anyway there is a little about me and any and all support will be greatly appreciated.

A. J.
pokes_fan1549@yahoo.com